Quantcast
I have 31 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth (Mostly)
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Well, here it is, contestants. Our very first standings for the 2021 Pick of the Year contest! Congrats John Henry on bursting to an early lead. Keep up the good work everyone, and get ready for a long and fruitful year.

    Oh, and BTW, I started a mock portfolio in which I created positions for each stock as close to $2,000 as possible. I will track this portfolio over the course of the year to see how good we are at picking stocks as a group. Last year was pretty amazing, as our collective portfolio returned an amazing 68% on the initial (hypothetical) investment.



    PotY Contest Standings As of Market Close, Feb 12, 2021

    Contestant
    Stock
    L or S
    Start Date
    Open
    Current
    Penalty
    Gain/Loss with Penalty
    Remembering Last Year’s Winner 💔 Riverbabe 💔
    1
    John Henry AYRO Long 2/8/2021 $7.17 $‎ 9.91
    38.21%
    2
    Peanuts EBON Long 2/8/2021 $5.83 $‎ 6.69
    14.75%
    3
    Karel MED Long 2/8/2021 $251.01 $‎ 274.30
    9.28%
    4
    Vixtt ABNB Long 2/8/2021 $195.31 $‎ 212.68
    8.89%
    5
    Jiesen TSLA Short 2/8/2021 $852.23 $‎ 816.12
    4.24%
    6
    Blind Squirrel KNSL Long 2/8/2021 $189.82 $‎ 197.83
    4.22%
    7
    BlueWolf TDOC Long 2/8/2021 $285.03 $‎ 293.66
    3.03%
    8
    Louetta SAN Long 2/8/2021 $3.35 $‎ 3.41
    1.79%
    9
    NASDAQ QQQ Long 2/8/2021 $331.36 $‎ 336.45
    1.54%
    10
    Minni17 TKC Long 2/8/2021 $5.83 $‎ 5.91
    1.37%
    11
    S&P SPY Long 2/8/2021 $387.71 $‎ 392.64
    1.27%
    12
    Paco ETSY Long 2/8/2021 $231.12 $‎ 233.86
    1.19%
    13
    Dow DIA Long 2/8/2021 $311.54 $‎ 315.04
    1.12%
    14
    Massimo IPA Long 2/8/2021 $15.06 $‎ 14.38
    -4.52%
    15
    Billy Joe ROOT Long 2/8/2021 $21.77 $‎ 20.34
    -6.57%
    16
    Mr. Market TRUP Long 2/8/2021 $119.22 $‎ 107.86
    -9.53%


  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,357

    Default

    China gonna pump up the crypto.

    pump up the crypto
    pump up the crypto



    I have brought one of my choicest and finest cuts of meat to this contest. EBang EBON provides the machines to people who want to mine cryptocurrency. They use the machines they make as well as sell them. They produce machines for several algorithms. They have been established for 3+ years as a trusted supplier of miners and was one of the early real threats to Antminer's dominance in the marketplace for speed and efficiency. They should have a large cash position and a large crypto position.

    EBON I win, but you're welcome
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.
    What's a sundial in the shade?

    - Benjamin Franklin

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth (Mostly)
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    China gonna pump up the crypto.

    pump up the crypto
    pump up the crypto



    I have brought one of my choicest and finest cuts of meat to this contest. EBang EBON provides the machines to people who want to mine cryptocurrency. They use the machines they make as well as sell them. They produce machines for several algorithms. They have been established for 3+ years as a trusted supplier of miners and was one of the early real threats to Antminer's dominance in the marketplace for speed and efficiency. They should have a large cash position and a large crypto position.

    EBON I win, but you're welcome
    EBON is an interesting pick, Peanuts. I like it, and it’s off to a great start. The way crypto currencies have been blowing up portends good things for crypto mining gear companies like EBON.

  4. #64

    Default

    Nice graphics BlueWolf
    =============================

    I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

    - $$$MR. MARKET$$$

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post



    PotY Contest Standings As of Market Close, Feb 12, 2021

    Contestant
    Stock
    L or S
    Start Date
    Open
    Current
    Penalty
    Gain/Loss with Penalty
    Remembering Last Year’s Winner Riverbabe
    1
    John Henry AYRO Long 2/8/2021 $7.17 $‎ 9.91
    38.21%
    2
    Peanuts EBON Long 2/8/2021 $5.83 $‎ 6.69
    14.75%
    3
    Karel MED Long 2/8/2021 $251.01 $‎ 274.30
    9.28%
    4
    Vixtt ABNB Long 2/8/2021 $195.31 $‎ 212.68
    8.89%
    5
    Jiesen TSLA Short 2/8/2021 $852.23 $‎ 816.12
    4.24%
    6
    Blind Squirrel KNSL Long 2/8/2021 $189.82 $‎ 197.83
    4.22%
    7
    BlueWolf TDOC Long 2/8/2021 $285.03 $‎ 293.66
    3.03%
    8
    Louetta SAN Long 2/8/2021 $3.35 $‎ 3.41
    1.79%
    9
    NASDAQ QQQ Long 2/8/2021 $331.36 $‎ 336.45
    1.54%
    10
    Minni17 TKC Long 2/8/2021 $5.83 $‎ 5.91
    1.37%
    11
    S&P SPY Long 2/8/2021 $387.71 $‎ 392.64
    1.27%
    12
    Paco ETSY Long 2/8/2021 $231.12 $‎ 233.86
    1.19%
    13
    Dow DIA Long 2/8/2021 $311.54 $‎ 315.04
    1.12%
    14
    Massimo IPA Long 2/8/2021 $15.06 $‎ 14.38
    -4.52%
    15
    Billy Joe ROOT
    Long 2/8/2021 $21.77 $‎ 20.34
    -6.57%
    16
    Mr. Market TRUP Long 2/8/2021 $119.22 $‎ 107.86
    -9.53%

    I like the “Riverbabe”. Looks good.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
    EBON is an interesting pick, Peanuts. I like it, and it’s off to a great start. The way crypto currencies have been blowing up portends good things for crypto mining gear companies like EBON.
    WoW! That's three days now up into blue skies.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth (Mostly)
    Posts
    761

    Default PotY Contest Standings As of Market Close, Feb 19, 2021

    Big week this week for Peanuts’ EBON, which vaulted it into a huge early lead. I’m sure there are going to be a lot more big weeks for a lot more stocks to come. Might even be some big down weeks too, so strap in. Such is the market.


    PotY Contest Standings As of Market Close, Feb 19, 2021

    Contestant
    Stock
    L or S
    Start Date
    Open
    Current
    Penalty
    Gain/Loss with Penalty
    Remembering Last Year’s Winner 💔Riverbabe 💔
    1
    Peanuts EBON Long 2/8/2021 $5.83 $‎ 11.06
    89.71%
    2
    John Henry AYRO Long 2/8/2021 $7.17 $‎ 8.08
    12.69%
    3
    Louetta SAN Long 2/8/2021 $3.35 $‎ 3.64
    8.66%
    4
    Jiesen TSLA Short 2/8/2021 $852.23 $‎ 781.30
    8.32%
    5
    Karel MED Long 2/8/2021 $251.01 $‎ 268.23
    6.86%
    6
    Massimo IPA Long 2/8/2021 $15.06 $‎ 16.07
    6.71%
    7
    Vixtt ABNB Long 2/8/2021 $195.31 $‎ 201.07
    2.95%
    8
    Minni17 TKC Long 2/8/2021 $5.83 $‎ 6.00
    2.92%
    9
    BlueWolf TDOC Long 2/8/2021 $285.03 $‎ 292.51
    2.62%
    10
    Dow DIA Long 2/8/2021 $311.54 $‎ 314.92
    1.08%
    11
    S&P SPY Long 2/8/2021 $387.71 $‎ 390.03
    0.60%
    12
    NASDAQ QQQ Long 2/8/2021 $331.36 $‎ 331.02
    -0.10%
    13
    Paco ETSY Long 2/8/2021 $231.12 $‎ 227.27
    -1.67%
    14
    Blind Squirrel KNSL Long 2/8/2021 $189.82 $‎ 179.82
    -5.27%
    15
    Mr. Market TRUP Long 2/8/2021 $119.22 $‎ 106.68
    -10.52%
    16
    Billy Joe ROOT Long 2/8/2021 $21.77 $‎ 17.81
    -18.19%


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    8,930

    Default

    Lookin' good, Jiesen.

    ------------billy

    -----------

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth (Mostly)
    Posts
    761

    Default PotY Contest Standings As of Market Close, Feb 26, 2021

    And there will be blood! Most of the long positions took it on the chinthis week, some more than others. Can you say ouch? It’s a long year, though. We’ll just have to let it play out.


    PotY Contest Standings As of Market Close, Feb 26, 2021

    Contestant
    Stock
    L or S
    Start Date
    Open
    Current
    Penalty
    Gain/Loss with Penalty
    Remembering Last Year’s Winner 💔Riverbabe 💔
    1
    Jiesen TSLA Short 2/8/2021 $852.23 $‎ 675.50
    20.74%
    2
    Peanuts EBON Long 2/8/2021 $5.83 $‎ 6.90
    18.35%
    3
    Vixtt ABNB Long 2/8/2021 $195.31 $‎ 206.35
    5.65%
    4
    Louetta SAN Long 2/8/2021 $3.35 $‎ 3.51
    4.78%
    5
    Karel MED Long 2/8/2021 $251.01 $‎ 252.99
    0.79%
    6
    John Henry AYRO Long 2/8/2021 $7.17 $‎ 7.17
    0.00%
    7
    Dow DIA Long 2/8/2021 $311.54 $‎ 309.45
    -0.67%
    8
    S&P SPY Long 2/8/2021 $387.71 $‎ 380.36
    -1.90%
    9
    Paco ETSY Long 2/8/2021 $231.12 $‎ 220.27
    -4.69%
    10
    NASDAQ QQQ Long 2/8/2021 $331.36 $‎ 314.14
    -5.20%
    11
    Minni17 TKC Long 2/8/2021 $5.83 $‎ 5.44
    -6.69%
    12
    Blind Squirrel KNSL Long 2/8/2021 $189.82 $‎ 176.06
    -7.25%
    13
    Massimo IPA Long 2/8/2021 $15.06 $‎ 13.44
    -10.76%
    14
    Mr. Market TRUP Long 2/8/2021 $119.22 $‎ 96.76
    -18.84%
    15
    BlueWolf TDOC Long 2/8/2021 $285.03 $‎ 221.09
    -22.43%
    16
    Billy Joe ROOT Long 2/8/2021 $21.77 $‎ 13.49
    -38.03%


  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth (Mostly)
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Oops. I almost forgot to post an update this week. Well, there was a continued river of blood in the market as the correction continued. It pushed a lot of people into negative territory, and propelled our only short into first place. The year is young, however, and there’s a lot of change left.


    PotY Contest Standings As of Market Close, March 5, 2021

    Contestant
    Stock
    L or S
    Start Date
    Open
    Current
    Penalty
    Gain/Loss with Penalty
    Remembering Last Year’s Winner 💔Riverbabe 💔
    1
    Jiesen TSLA Short 2/8/2021 $852.23 $‎ 597.95
    29.84%
    2
    Louetta SAN Long 2/8/2021 $3.35 $‎ 3.68
    9.85%
    3
    Peanuts EBON Long 2/8/2021 $5.83 $‎ 6.16
    5.66%
    4
    Dow DIA Long 2/8/2021 $311.54 $‎ 315.24
    1.19%
    5
    S&P SPY Long 2/8/2021 $387.71 $‎ 383.63
    -1.05%
    6
    Karel MED Long 2/8/2021 $251.01 $‎ 243.16
    -3.13%
    7
    Minni17 TKC Long 2/8/2021 $5.83 $‎ 5.50
    -5.66%
    8
    NASDAQ QQQ Long 2/8/2021 $331.36 $‎ 308.68
    -6.84%
    9
    Vixtt ABNB Long 2/8/2021 $195.31 $‎ 179.81
    -7.94%
    10
    Paco ETSY Long 2/8/2021 $231.12 $‎ 200.30
    -13.34%
    11
    Blind Squirrel KNSL Long 2/8/2021 $189.82 $‎ 162.57
    -14.36%
    12
    Massimo IPA Long 2/8/2021 $15.06 $‎ 11.70
    -22.31%
    13
    John Henry AYRO Long 2/8/2021 $7.17 $‎ 5.45
    -23.99%
    14
    Mr. Market TRUP Long 2/8/2021 $119.22 $‎ 85.88
    -27.97%
    15
    BlueWolf TDOC Long 2/8/2021 $285.03 $‎ 189.69
    -33.45%
    16
    Billy Joe ROOT Long 2/8/2021 $21.77 $‎ 12.95
    -40.51%


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rules for Pick of The Year (PoTY) 2020
    By JohnHenry in forum Discussion
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 01-17-2021, 10:42 AM
  2. Rules for Pick of The Year (PoTY) 2019
    By JohnHenry in forum Discussion
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 01-09-2020, 12:51 PM
  3. Rules for Pick of The Year (PoTY) 2018
    By JohnHenry in forum Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-01-2019, 08:00 PM
  4. Rules for Pick of The Year (PoTY) 2017
    By JohnHenry in forum Discussion
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-23-2018, 02:03 PM
  5. Pick of The Year (PoTY) 2013
    By JohnHenry in forum Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 05:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Do you like this site?

Take a look at the homepage
of $$$ MR. MARKET $$$