Quantcast
I have 31 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
    SuperVoy Guest

Default Percentage GAINERS in the month

From Briefing.com:

A list of the standout percentage gainers over the past month:
    CKCM +145%
    OHB +118% <- This showed up in one of my screeners as a short squeeze candidate a few months ago, I wish I had not sold so early!
    CACS +112%
    ADAT +96%
    TASR +91% <- This is a very good one!
    TRCI +90% <- stenzrob stock, very good!
    FARO +86% <- stenzrob stock, very good!
    NAVR +84%
    CORI +82%
    IWAV +80%
    AZPN +80%
    AOLA +79%
    BRKT +78%
    EVCI +78%
    AKAM +72%
    CRDN +72%
    BFLY +67%
    PLCE +66%
    CYD +64%
    TRID +62%
    JBSS +61% <- Mr Market stock
    IVAN +60% <- one of the first gas plays identified, very good!
    OPTK +60%
    EGLS +60%
    EMKR +59%
    ZOOM +58%
    LUME +57%
    EGHT +53%
    WGAT +48%
    LU +45%
    RHAT +42%
    NFLX +42%

stenzrob Guest

Very interesting, SuperVoy. Some of those others were on my screen at one time, but I failed to buy them, like CYD, CEDC, CRDN, and even TASR.

The amazing thing about FARO is that I bought at $6 and sold for over $10 for more than a 70% gain even before the 86% that the stock went up during the last month. This was the first stock I ever recommended on the old Yahoo group, proposing it as an alternative to SSYS, I believe.

TRCI I have been recommending here since it was $6.

I think the thing for us to do for homework is to take the list you provided and look at what the charts for each of these looked like 1 month ago, and if there was any news or other developments that drove this. This is what O'Neil says he did to develop CANSLIM, and what Kevin Kennedy said he did to develop his trading model.

What I'm always trying to do is pick 5 or 6 stocks that might be on that list next month. If one of them hits 90% to 100% and the others do nothing, it averages out to 20%/month, which is what my portfolio has been doing steadily for the last nine months.

Quote Originally Posted by stenzrob
    What I'm always trying to do is pick 5 or 6 stocks that might be on that list next month. If one of them hits 90% to 100% and the others do nothing, it averages out to 20%/month, which is what my portfolio has been doing steadily for the last nine months.
    Sounds like the Dave Kingman strategy...I'm more like Tony Gwynn I guess.
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

stenzrob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket
    Sounds like the Dave Kingman strategy...I'm more like Tony Gwynn I guess.
    Just get on base, big guy, I'll bring you on home!

Default IVAN

Be careful on this I lost big time.
    Ray Long

stenzrob Guest

Default Re: IVAN

Quote Originally Posted by RL
    You lost big on IVAN ?!
    How did you manage that?

Default Re: IVAN

Quote Originally Posted by RL
    You lost big on IVAN ?!
    How did you manage that?
    I agree. I am sorry that I got out last week. Today would have been a much better day to press the button. Oh well.

Thread Information