Quantcast
I have 35 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 1043 of 1044 FirstFirst ... 43943103310401041104210431044 LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,430 of 10434

Default Week 6, day 2

Week 6 - Jungle Safari

day 2 - gifts for the Huge one

Playing cards only inspired let-it-ride to get Mr Market's gift immediately and make a run for the palace. I think el Hugo will like it! Dung beetles tripped skiracer and is the only reason for him to be in second place. Peter Hansen is stronger than anyone imagined. He's trying to bring all of China back to Mr Market. The real question is, what is China doing in the jungle?

Sticky got hammered 3 feet into the ground by King Kong. After he's done shaking, he might be able to make it out. Lyehopper got lucky and made a right turn and slid down an embankment, into a river, and then found a nice clearing once he got out of the water and dried off. Now he's got to figure out a new path to take, but he should be able to see the way. Rob is still stuck in the googy mud.

The beating of a drum is heard in the far-off distance

Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.
    What's a sundial in the shade?

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    I was chopping wood then I went to the hardware store for some tools and supplies. I've got a nice fire now and should enjoy the movie, Narnia, that she's bringing over.

I wonder if I'll find out how it ends...
    I was lurking outside of Peanut's place this evening and was able to take this quick photo of his date...Guess she is in charge of dessert...

"Trade What Is Happening...Not What You Think Is Gonna Happen"

Find Tomorrow's Winners At SharpTraders.com

Follow Me On Twitter

ParkTwain Guest

Default Same people, same stocks

I see that the same people are entering POTW with the same stock, week after week. This is perhaps a symptom of overall stagnation on $$MM$$ that was commented on elsewhere. The POTW should reward those who can keep their stockpicking eye sharp every week, by requiring a different pick every week.

Perhaps a new rule: A player's POTW pick can't be reused until 4 weeks from its initial use. (So I guess the players can fall back on recycling four stocks instead of only one!)

Red face

ha! guilty as charged...

(by the way, I oppose that rule for obvious selfish reasons)

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    ha! guilty as charged...

(by the way, I oppose that rule for obvious selfish reasons)
    Me too, me too!

But that is my strategy! I have explained it some posts back, and I prefer to stick to it. If anyone thinks (s)he can do better than me, feel free to try! My aim is to pick a stock (preferably a basket of stocks) that gives me a solid return in the long run, and that becuase of the vagaries of price developments in general then also gives me a good chance to bag the gold once in a while.

Mr. Peanuts President, I move Mr. ParkTwain's suggestion to be suppressed.

Regards,

Karel
    My Investopedia portfolio
    (You need to have a (free) Investopedia or Facebook login, sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyehopper View Post
    You snake!....LOL!
    Ah ha. The truth comes out. I missed this post earlier. Thought I had better get it while the getting was good and look at me now although I was kind of counting on Tuesday to be a big day rather than a pullback of sorts. Thanks and good luck with ECOL.

Park,
    That's a nice thought but I have to agree with Karel. There are only a few that really do that. Some, myself included, do it occassionally but sometimes you are a little early or late with the timing and a second or third week is necessary to get it right.
    THE SKIRACER'S EDGE: MAKE THE EDGE IN YOUR FAVOR

Quote Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
    I see that the same people are entering POTW with the same stock, week after week. This is perhaps a symptom of overall stagnation on $$MM$$ that was commented on elsewhere. The POTW should reward those who can keep their stockpicking eye sharp every week, by requiring a different pick every week.

Perhaps a new rule: A player's POTW pick can't be reused until 4 weeks from its initial use. (So I guess the players can fall back on recycling four stocks instead of only one!)
    I just like it when a player plays any pick for the week. It's those who don't play at all that are penalized.

Personally, I don't find an issue with players recycling their stock week after week. Heck, I do that with my portfolio using real money, and I don't think my stockpicking eye is dull for doing so.
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by IIC View Post
    I was lurking outside of Peanut's place this evening and was able to take this quick photo of his date...Guess she is in charge of dessert...

Doug, that altria camera takes nice pictures. It was awefully sweet of her to bring dessert like that. That's the only picture you have, right?

Now about that lurking behavior of yours...
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing a computer slowdown on this site?
    Quote Originally Posted by IIC View Post
    Yes...But I have noticed it for weeks
    This site, and especially the POTW thread, is extremely slow, and I know its not me... I've got a super speedy connection, and no other sites give me problems.

Mr Market, Karel, Richard.... Help!
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.

- Benjamin Franklin

Arrow

VCI long...IIC
    "Trade What Is Happening...Not What You Think Is Gonna Happen"

Find Tomorrow's Winners At SharpTraders.com

Follow Me On Twitter

Thread Information