Quantcast
I have 33 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast

Default Swing trading Mr.Market's latest Top Five Picks

This thread is dedicated to swing trading Mr.Market's latest Top Five picks.

EDIT: For the benefit of new readers of the thread, please note that this thread is now dedicated to swing trading current Mr.Market Top 5 candidates solely by using the 50% Fibonacci retracement of a move from a significant low to the latest high. Target is 15%, no stop. Retargets will occur on every new 50% retrace signal given. The first post in this thread that introduces the 50% concept into this thread is here http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/showpo...52&postcount=7 and the first trade of the system was in mid Dec here http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/showpo...7&postcount=14

The original setup was discretionary and based on channel theory discussed in my Scientific thread and in this thread, I will not be taking any more channel signals; only the 50% retrace signal.

My original and opening post for this thread was as follows:
    "THE SETUP
    1. All trades based on technical analysis as already discussed in the Scientific thread.
    2. Charts must be clearly bullish, based on daily regression channel interpretation. If one of the picks has a bearish channel condition, then it won't be traded.
    2. Entries will be based on the interpretation of intraday patterns and/or Fib support/resistance (pivot, S1 or S2). Pattern will be such things as inverted Head & Shoulders formations with neckline breaks, double bottoms, wedge breakouts, and bullflags. Basic Elliott Wave theory may also be applied to entries, where possible.
    3. Targets will be based on channel formations and/or price level resistance and/or gap resistance, with a view to exit at any significant upper channel hit, any significant price resistance, or any gap resistance on the chart.
    4. Exits will be made at intrady R1 and R2 where possible, unless conditions warrant immediate exits based on intraday patterns.
    5. Stops will be used with all trades. Stops will never exceed 4% risk, and will likely average 1% risk, as they will be placed under the low of day of the day entered and moved to break even when in good profit.

Let the fun begin."
    Last edited by spikefader; 04-14-2005 at 12:09 PM.

CME long setup.
    Daily is clearly bullish.
    Intraday S2 bounce today, with inverted SHS and neckline break. Long from 197.40 was the play.
    Target is upper channel.
    Stop is 196.20 (fantastically low 0.6% risk only!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CME Nov22 daily.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	167   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CME Nov22 long.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	168  

Oh, I should mention that Mr.Market's latest Top Five list is here: http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum/...read.php?t=557
    ARLP CME CWTR MCRI MPX

Hey, this new system might be OK! First position doing well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CWTR setting up.

Late call, but the play is long from 24.62, stop under lod.

Default 50% retrace zones

As discussed in 'stops are for wimps', MM Picks seem to perform very nicely when basing swing entries on a 50% retrace support to target MM's 15% gain.

These will be my entry points for the Veteran's Day Top Five.
    ARLP 63.85
    CME 186.14
    CWTR 23.41
    MCRI 30.51
    MPX 21.63
    Alarms have been set and I'll post the entries when they happen.
    Last edited by spikefader; 11-25-2004 at 12:29 AM.

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum/...60&postcount=6
    10% profit thus far and holding long from 24.62
    Target is daily upper channel currently 30.00ish, which is about 22% and rising.

Default Cme

re: CME http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/forum/...78&postcount=2
    Out for +0.65 or 0.3%. Small, but better than a loss, which the channel turndown is warning of.
    There will be better entries for this one

Default ARLP 50% retrace entry while I was away

Here's the play.

Thread Information