Quantcast
I have 17 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 1 of 56 123411 ... LastLast
    abk33139 Guest

Default Decisions, decisions (SIRI)

So my SIRI is up almost 17% since I bought it. I had planned on keeping this stock long term. I'm not sure whether I should set a goal like 18 or 20% and then sell, hope it goes back down a bit, and re-buy, believing that it will go up more. If I do that, then at least my original investment, plus a nice profit, will be safe. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Alison

Quote Originally Posted by abk33139
    So my SIRI is up almost 17% since I bought it. I had planned on keeping this stock long term. I'm not sure whether I should set a goal like 18 or 20% and then sell, hope it goes back down a bit, and re-buy, believing that it will go up more. If I do that, then at least my original investment, plus a nice profit, will be safe. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Alison
    this sounds like a mission for uncle Spike! Come on Spike, help the poor lass.
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Quote Originally Posted by abk33139

Thanks,
    Alison
    Since you held throught the resistence, and it seems free and clear, I'd hold it now and target an upper channel. Move stop to even sit back with a smile on your face. Don't let emotion - i.e. fear of lost profits, cause you to exit on emotion and miss out on the really extraordinary profits a position like this one can deliver to you with a bit of patience.
    Congrats!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

$10 upper channel??? Are you serious Spike???

I don't know if I can handle that much cash in my portfolio!!!

This is great!!! That's like 300% for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Websman
    $10 upper channel??? Are you serious Spike???
    I don't know if I can handle that much cash in my portfolio!!!
    This is great!!! That's like 300% for me!!!
    lol Deadly serious. That's where the regression channel has placed itself, so hold on for the fun run!

This is un-friggin-believable!!!

My account is looking good!!

If SIRI hits $10, I'm throwing a party! Beer's on the house!!!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! !

I AM OVERWHELMED!!!!!

After a down day, news comes out that Mel Karmazin has been named CEO of Sirius. The #$%@ thing has shot up over a dollar after hours!

SIRI could go over $6 by tomorrow. My account is looking very good!

Congratulations to all those who were crazy enough to hold SIRI...

abk33139 Guest

Woo hoo! As I've said before, I bought this stock to stay in it for a long time - not just until it goes up "x" percent. I believe it will be a big winner long-time. However, last night I was wondering if I should sell and then re-enter if it drops again. After the Mel Karmizan news, I'm psyched that I stayed in. Go SIRI!

Alison

Congrats on holding!
    Check out the channel long today too. I was going to post this in my thread earlier but got distracted. And when it sat down near S2 all afternoon I was going to post it was a good spot to be buying
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Spike, you think its still a buy?

Thread Information