Quantcast
I have 17 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by antioch6 View Post
    In a rash move today I am selling most of my stocks. Sold INTX LMT KRE RAD THI SWHC UNP. I cast my nets out every few months, and now I'm harvesting what little profit I have. My average gain from these picks is 14.9% so far before taxes, comimssions and distributed unequally. I'm back to about 6% invested and feeling okay in cash.
    Is the sky falling? I have a few friends that moved their 401ks to a cash position when the DOW was around 16k last month.

Quote Originally Posted by sixfeetfour View Post
    Is the sky falling? I have a few friends that moved their 401ks to a cash position when the DOW was around 16k last month.
    I moved my 401k to a mostly cash position, too, even earlier than that. Missed out on about 15-20% of additional increase in the S&P. Doh!
    Still pretty sure we'll see S&P at around 1600 again, tho.

Well the sky never fell. It feels weird wishing for bad things to happen just so I can buy stocks cheaper. I still don't plan on buying anything, but will restart my screening routine to analyze the data. Looking back over my threads, I had some good ideas and decent picks. My weakness was: not sticking to my plan and not being patient with my picks. Always something to improve on.

Here is my screen for this week. OVBC, SPAN, IBA, AP, HBHC, ALG, ETN, AEGN, OBCI, SLB, CMI.

It's time to kick start my screening process again. I bought ssri and cree last week. I've followed both of them for over 2 years. On their 20 year monthly charts they have support around these levels, and together with their longer term stories they are buys. I'm still going to stagger my buying into 3 purchases. I'll run my mechanical screen on the weekend.

ATRI,KORS,AVGO,TSM,ATRO,UNP,BOFI,VZ,SIMO,LVS,BURL, PLAY,MASI,TDG,TXRH,V,AVGO,STZ,CTXS,DNKN,ISRG,HSY,N VDA,EW,ULTA,BDX,CMN,SHEN,DLTR,FB,WST,BCR,ZBH,BSFT, DLTR

This is my newest and latest dump. I'll narrow them down then pick a few and buy them next week. Like before (2014), I'll try to build up my portfolio to 25% invested...

I ran my screen again, and including previous dumps (many have noteworthy candidates that have sold off) I've narrowed down my choices to: BOFI XIN DAL TSM VZ. On a side note I like UNP PLAY DNKN NVDA DLTR FB, but think I'll get a better entry on them. For now I'd rather stick to stocks with lower p/e's and with less hot charts.

I know I'm going to regret this by the end of the year when the sky falls, but I went with these 3 to start building my mechanical investing strat up to 25% (0.33% each):

DAL 37.94
    VZ 53.26
    BOFI 17.1398305 (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by antioch6 View Post
    I know I'm going to regret this by the end of the year when the sky falls, but I went with these 3 to start building my mechanical investing strat up to 25% (0.33% each):

DAL 37.94
    VZ 53.26
    BOFI 17.1398305 (lol)
    I do think we're going to get croaked sometime twixt now and 10/1 but even if we do, VZ isn't a bad bet with that dividend in a world where a US 10-year gets you only 1.6%. How many people will sell that (VZ, I mean)?

It hasn't even been a month and I was given a wild ride in DAL and BOFI... thought about buying more as they plunged 15% but I still expect another chance. VZ hasn't done much except inch it's way higher. I'm also eyeing DNKN as my next top pick. Might start another 0.33% position maybe 0.5%(still don't like the market at this level).

Thread Information