Quantcast
I have 17 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122 LastLast

hey, don't forget about yer bitcoin!

Quote Originally Posted by antioch6 View Post
    So this market news is killing me. How can the market go up with all this talk about recession and no real earnings? Can we really go higher on people's gambling? I don't really see anything on my screen except Oil and Argentinian stocks. Oil is risky and I don't know anything about argentina. I was buying gold earlier today but sold it once it went up. I feel lost. How can we go up without a Fed stimulus? This has got to be a bear market rally, and I'll time it with my market service. So for now I'm buying, but as soon as the momentum goes negative, I'll sell.
    I guess that might make more sense if I quote the post...

Here is my screen for the week:

MHO TMHC MTH WIRE BLDR GRBK STLD PHM CMC GMS RS UFPI CVCO IBP DE FIX

All of a sudden, the market is surprisingly strong. There are plenty of names on my list; I'm ready to call the bear market over and a new bull market beginning. Deep down I feel like this is a scam from the federal government, particularly because the screen is full of housing stocks, and there is no clear source for the money to pay for houses besides the government. So I've decided to give it a try, and buy-hold again. The first time I tried this in 2021, I got stopped out for a 15% loss on my 200% position (margin.) Last year I made 200% short term trading the screen up and down; also some futures trading. So, this year I don't know what to expect. Hopefully if I mix in some different strategies, most of them will be profitable. I usually buy three stocks at a time. This works, but I never make it more than a few percent invested. Buying evrything at once doesnt work either. I calculated $10,000 is a reasonable number to invest in one company. So i'll pick BLDR GRBK STLD PHM CMC GMS and RS. I'll buy them at the open.
    Last edited by antioch6; 01-15-2023 at 09:02 AM.

@jiesen wow. maybe speculative money is coming into the market.

Quote Originally Posted by antioch6 View Post
    @jiesen wow. maybe speculative money is coming into the market.
    Yeah, BTC sure went up from 16k to 21k in a hurry!

Also, this:
    https://tinyurl.com/5emu37hp
    because images seem to be too big no matter what...

I bought ANDE today at 36.745. I was waiting for my top results from the screen. Only GRBK looks good, so I ran it again and found argentinian stocks, some oils, and this food stock. The earnings are steady, the p/e is normal, and the price is strong. I bought it as it was going 1.75% higher for the day. If the momentum fades, I'll sell. I also sold CMC because the price fell 2% again, and maybe a recession would hurt demand for steel. I'm considering buying GRBK now as it is the top housing stock in the area.

I bought GRBK at 28.8716. It looks like there is a bubble in housing for Grbk and I will try to ride them up. I still have Ande, and I'll limit my holdings to these two for now. I went all in with Nasdaq futures and s&p futures this morning so I only have enough for them.

Sold s&p futures. I bought IMO, COP, AGCO and SONY. This market looks strong. The more I look back over the chart of the past year, it looks like the selling is over. There would have to be a major change in earnings to bring the market any further down. The top companies should hold their cashflow, so I think buying now and waiting for a possible technical rally makes sense.

Sold nasdaq futures. I bought CMC STLD RS CAT. Bought 1 nasdaq future back. If the momentum goes negative, I'll sell.

Wow I'm getting creamed in that Nasdaq future I bought.

Thread Information