Quantcast
I have 17 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    Have you ever had one of those super-size chunky bars? Delicious.
    Today I had my first taste of a Milky Way in years. It was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    Today I had my first taste of a Milky Way in years. It was glorious.

T'is the season for candy bars.

Today i ran my screen. Here are the results:

VIPS ASHR

The markets look bad. there are no earnings, momentum is flat, and valuations are not low. I can't find anything to buy.

I want to stay in, so I'll short.

Today i ran my screen. Here are the results:

None.

Therese were no results. The market still looks bad. I am waiting for something to show up. In the meantime, I'll short sell. That's it.
    Last edited by antioch6; 12-26-2022 at 08:56 AM.

I've been selling and couldn't bring myself to hold after today. The market is down on a holiday week, and we are at support. I ran my screen and came up with BCH, a Chilean bank. The earnings are growing steadily, the p/e is low, and the price is strong. I'll buy it tomorrow with 200% margin.

I couldn't buy BCH today because the market looks weak. I shorted the rally at 1% and now I'm selling HYFM. I think it's going to zero, so anything I sell should move up 100%. I sold about 45,540 worth. Now i'm mostly selling the russell 2000 on margin. My stop loss is around 1% higher. Hydrofarm stop loss is 25% higher.

Covered Hyfm and Sold BB. No one buys blackberry. They are low, and with the market on the edge of selling pressure there could be extra price weakness in BB. The earnings are weak.
    Last edited by antioch6; 12-30-2022 at 02:14 PM.

So BB fell off my sell list. I have nothing. Here is my screen for the week:

BCH MVO

I don't know anything about Chile. I was gunna buy them yesterday, but I just don't know enough. Mvo is oil. Anything oil is risky because of government intervention and manipulation. I have almost bought them a few times this year; the day they were down 17% i thought about buy low. It's consistently popped up on my screen. Too much unexpected downside risk. That's it. There is nothing. Buys aren't too great and sells aren't perfect. The market is going sideways the past 10 days. There is no momentum. You have to give it to the downside with the trend overall this year and higher rates; decreased earnings (probably.) The money looks stuck with inflation. My market timing service is on a sell signal; I'm thinking the end of day momentum could continue into early next week. In the back of my head, I've been expecting to wait for the holidays, and maybe even until early February, before there is any additional serious selling.

I ran my short screen again and came up with one.

HYFM

I successfully shorted hyfm a few months ago and made 30%. Now it is 50% lower and the story is the same. Earnings are negative, growth is negative, and the price is weak.

Today I sold Hyfm short at 5.6. It has negative earnings, negative growth, and the price is weak.

06-12-2022, 06:55 AM#137antioch6

Here is the screen for this week:

SD

Here is the short screen for this week:

HYFM

My thinking is this - if the market opens higher the first few days next week, I can judge if it's strong or weak. Well, it's already weak, so I expect it to be weak early next week too. What I don't know is how weak. What is the downside range? The market is still relatively happy, despite the government basically taking away money. At what point do people lose their patience? Maybe it's time for a break from the market.

Infact, SD looks like not a bad buy right now. It is at support. The next move in the market up or down should guide what to do. I have to believe its going to be down, but it could also be up from stocks that are sold off and at support like SD. So if there is a 1 to 3% move, next week Ill buy.

I sold HYFM at 1.68. The market is up on the holidays. I dont see anything worth buying.

Thread Information