Quantcast
I have 17 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

I sold half my Dash today. Lost most of the profits. I'm up 1%. I'm noticing all my gains up and down from the past 4 months have been erased, so the market isn't doing anything. Things are mostly down over the past year, so maybe they'll be up next year; or the year after. I've been planning on waiting until the end of the year to invest, but have been getting seduced into short term trading. I'm up 100% so far, so I'm beating the S&p, but it feels wrong on a moral level. Investing should be about short term efforts for the long term. I'm basically following formulas and taking other people's money. There should be a way to help people like feeding them or clothing them and building them a house. I'm not sure what the market's for.

Buying back my dash position today. So I will be 200% short again. I'm a little nervous because the market is up 2%, but I have a stop in place and the sentiment looks right. I want to buy something but there are no earnings besides bank stocks and in the meantime the market is going sideways so I guess the lack of momentum will bring lower prices. Doordash doesn't seem like a good service because it brings fastfood to people on demand.
    Last edited by antioch6; 10-19-2022 at 12:30 PM.

For some reason I really want to buy stocks today. The oils look super good but they don't after you look at the actual price of oil. After watching the market fall all day, I was so disappointed with the rally at the end. I am about ready to give up shorting. I can already see the market taking away my 3% or 2% gain. Maybe this means we are heading lower. My list of shorts were down big today. I really want to buy this market, but there is nothing to buy. I feel positive my short is gunna get stopped out. I'm doubtful, though I'll give it till the end of the week.

So I bought all my dash shares and went 200% long Stld. I've been looking for something to buy, and now that the momentum is up I had to find something with earnings at a good price with lots of buyers. Stld has growing earnings, a low p/e, and a strong price.
    Last edited by antioch6; 10-20-2022 at 04:20 PM.

STLD was a great call on Thursday, hope you make a killing on it!

I'm sitting here drinking water listening to Ibiza house, $$$, staying safe and legal. This is where i want to be. Now that the market is moving up, the screen should help us. Here is the result for the week:

STLD CF MOS PXD COP

This is the story from 2009. Weak dollar, buy commodities; industrial metals, fertilizers, oil. I don't believe in the rally so maybe it'll keep going. Maybe the government will start infrastructure spending and the price of Steel will go high. I don't see why food prices would go higher. The only stock I would buy from this list is STLD. I already bought it, so there's nothing else I can offer. This is just confirmation that I should hold. Everything is the same as yesterday, only prices are higher. So there is higher risk. This is insane. People who haven't bought yet are buying for the same reasons as we already bought. Maybe someone out there is buying with a government account and sending us money. Or maybe we are just taking other people's money. Who wants to trade their house, food, and energy money for a stock certificate? This has got to be a government run scam.

So everyone else has to be wondering the same thing as me. If you buy a stock you must not need the money. So it's a big atm for everyone.
    Last edited by antioch6; 10-27-2022 at 04:16 PM.

I sold Stld and I'm taking out my gains for the year. My dad got angry and yelled at me so I'm stopping. I won't be good to make decisions while I'm like this. Maybe I can start again sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by antioch6 View Post
    big snip ....

Maybe there will be food inflation... no I don't believe that.

.....big snip
    Nah.......

Sorry Louetta, I got kind of tired writing that. The only thing left to say is there is nothing worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by antioch6 View Post
    Sorry Louetta, I got kind of tired writing that. The only thing left to say is there is nothing worth buying.

Have you ever had one of those super-size chunky bars? Delicious.

Thread Information