Quantcast
I have 17 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Auy got bought out in the premarket. I will be buying SD at the open.

Wow so SD fell -8% yesterday. I doubled my holding today. So 100% in SD. Market looks good. Selling is over. So should head higher whenever. Oil just goes up so I should be good. SD

Here is my screen for the week:

I couldn't find anything. The only companies that showed up on my screen were oil companies. The good ones all have a p/e of 12. SD was on my screen but I'm taking it down for now because I discovered that it derives 33.33% of its revenue from natural gas and another 33.33% of its revenue from liquefied natural gas. I don't know how to forecast natural gas prices. They look kinda high right now. Liquefied natural gas prices look stable and trending higher. The other 33.33% comes from oil and it's going higher. So once I get a grasp on natural gas prices I'll be back.

Short screen for this week:

looks low already, but ROKU has a bad product and I'll think about shorting it.

Unhappy

It looks like the global demand for natural gas is good. I'll keep SD until it loses relative strength, or until I don't like it.
    Last edited by antioch6; 06-05-2022 at 05:33 PM.

Sold SD at 29.00. Looking for something to short.

Today I sold Hyfm short at 5.6. It has negative earnings, negative growth, and the price is weak.

Here is the screen for this week:

SD

Here is the short screen for this week:

HYFM

My thinking is this - if the market opens higher the first few days next week, I can judge if it's strong or weak. Well, it's already weak, so I expect it to be weak early next week too. What I don't know is how weak. What is the downside range? The market is still relatively happy, despite the government basically taking away money. At what point do people lose their patience? Maybe it's time for a break from the market.

So I am short HYFM. I was up 30% as of yesterday. I think today uhh some people were buying on hopes. The thing was up 11%. I honestly think because some guy set a limit sell 5% higher in the morning while someone else sent a market buy order. The other 6% looked like momentum buyers. So after the momentum buying was done, hyfm dropped back to the 5% order from the morning.

I didn't make a screen for the weekend because nothing looks worthwhile. I think markets are at fair value heading lower, so I'll keep hyfm short until the federal bank eases and the government stimulates.
    Last edited by antioch6; 06-21-2022 at 09:23 PM.

I haven't been doing much except eating sandwiches and chips. There are no stocks on my screen. Even my short screen. Things are bouncing off lows so the momentum is up even though the trend in money is down.

Hyfm is really the only company I know will go lower. It was high for a little bit. I hope people see what the right thing to do is. No one needs equipment to grow a plant. It's a waste.
    Last edited by antioch6; 06-26-2022 at 04:28 PM.

Today I sold I mean bought Hyfm at 3.75. I bought SD at 17.82.

Thread Information