Quantcast
I have 17 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CIB, VIT, TQNT, NTES, SRCL and AGP sold today

Today I sold:

CIB @ 68.67 for an 11% gain.
    VIT @ 12.82 for a 66% loss
    TQNT @ 4.97 for a 65% loss
    NTES @ 59.99 for a 12% gain
    SRCL @ 87.60 for a 4% loss
    AGP @ 62.56 for a 10% loss
    TRCR @ 29.50 for a 0% gain (sold due to aquisition)

That means for my last 43 picks, I had 39 winners and only 4 losers. 38 of the winners were double digit winners. Only 3 of the losers were double digit losers.

Not a bad streak..... I'm starting a new one. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am HUGE!
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Default Re: CIB, VIT, TQNT, NTES, SRCL and AGP sold today

What made you sell them all at once? Is this "Sell in May and go away?"

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    What made you sell them all at once? Is this "Sell in May and go away?"
    Time to make room in my portfolio

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

I know we have discussed this previously and I know you were reluctant to do so in the past but seeing as how you are starting over any chance that you could give us the percentage of your portfolio that you have invested in each stock?

Now I donít care how much money you invest or the number of shares you buy that is none of my business. But it would be interesting to see how you manage your portfolio.

Why do I need to know? Well I guess I really donít. Our investing styles are different and I donít think either of us will change. However I like to keep an open mind and thereís a good possibility I could learn something.

Why would you want to go to the trouble of letting us know? So that besides being able to brag about the number of winners in a row you would be able to show that superior stock picking is really worth while. Right now we have to assume that you hold equal sized positions. I know you donít but since you wonít tell us we have to make assumptions. Based on that your realized return (since I have been tracking you in Oct. 2010) has been 18.1%. Pretty damn good you say. However had you bought the S&P in Oct. 2010; today you would have been up 22%.

Position size probably makes up the difference but we donít know that because you wonít tell us.
    It is hard to find the Truth when you start your search with a preconceived notion of what the Truth will be.

Wow, that was a tough question by DD. My 2 are simpler...

1) You sold Rost and had it in your last streak before this house cleaning. You sold off all the losers (to reset your streak?, smart); But why doesn't ROST remain in that last streak as opposed to being #1 of this one? Not that I care much b/c your hugeness overshadows it's importance.

2) AGP: Any thoughts on why this one? You were down 10%; I am down 5% and not sure what to do with it??? Thoughts on its future? Would you have sold if down just 5%?

Thanks your hugeness! Nice Nice Run!

Why did you hold on to UNH and PRGO?
    Both of these were purchased in July last year. About of 40 weeks ago; give or take a couple weeks. Just a bit over your 4 to 6 week target;

Which brings up another question; why have 4 to 6 week targets if youíre willing to hold a stock until someone else makes you sell it?
    It is hard to find the Truth when you start your search with a preconceived notion of what the Truth will be.

I did a 100 share scenario and I would have made 35348 after everything was said and done. And that total was figured yesterday. I hope my math was correct. I would say that was a very freakin huge year. Keep up the great work Mr market. You truly are "HUGE"

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    I know we have discussed this previously and I know you were reluctant to do so in the past but seeing as how you are starting over any chance that you could give us the percentage of your portfolio that you have invested in each stock?

Now I donít care how much money you invest or the number of shares you buy that is none of my business. But it would be interesting to see how you manage your portfolio.

Why do I need to know? Well I guess I really donít. Our investing styles are different and I donít think either of us will change. However I like to keep an open mind and thereís a good possibility I could learn something.

Why would you want to go to the trouble of letting us know? So that besides being able to brag about the number of winners in a row you would be able to show that superior stock picking is really worth while. Right now we have to assume that you hold equal sized positions. I know you donít but since you wonít tell us we have to make assumptions. Based on that your realized return (since I have been tracking you in Oct. 2010) has been 18.1%. Pretty damn good you say. However had you bought the S&P in Oct. 2010; today you would have been up 22%.

Position size probably makes up the difference but we donít know that because you wonít tell us.

It depends. If I like a stock a lot going in, I buy a lot of it. If I really like a stock, I buy a ton of it. If I like a stock but don't like the market conditions, I buy less.

I significantly outperformed the S&P 500 during the period of my last streak.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Quote Originally Posted by joshcord View Post
    Wow, that was a tough question by DD. My 2 are simpler...

1) You sold Rost and had it in your last streak before this house cleaning. You sold off all the losers (to reset your streak?, smart); But why doesn't ROST remain in that last streak as opposed to being #1 of this one? Not that I care much b/c your hugeness overshadows it's importance.

2) AGP: Any thoughts on why this one? You were down 10%; I am down 5% and not sure what to do with it??? Thoughts on its future? Would you have sold if down just 5%?

Thanks your hugeness! Nice Nice Run!
    I bought ROST after I bought TRCR, which was my last position in the old streak. ROST is my first winner in the new streak.

AGP is a great stock..steady eddy earnings, but I don't love it any more...lots of good stuff out there now.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Deaddog View Post
    Why did you hold on to UNH and PRGO?
    Both of these were purchased in July last year. About of 40 weeks ago; give or take a couple weeks. Just a bit over your 4 to 6 week target;

Which brings up another question; why have 4 to 6 week targets if youíre willing to hold a stock until someone else makes you sell it?

I like UNH and PRGO..they will hit my target soon. On average, I sell my stocks within 4 to 6 weeks. Go back and check the data over the last 20 years I have been showing my picks on the internet.

Don't forget compounding when you calculate your returns

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Thread Information