Quantcast
I have 17 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gary611 View Post
    I had a total hip replacement this past Jan. The doctor asked me to take part in a trial with a robotic navigational device assisting him in the procedure. I agreed, asked many questions & found the company was MAKO. I initially got in around 17.00 a share & have bought more at around 24 & will hold this for awhile rather that sell at the usual 15% gain. Could you please do the research on this, I here rumors that this will be a 60 - 75.00 stock by the end of the year.
    Thanks from a smooth walking stooge!
    MAKO - I always feel like a Debbie Downer, bringing down people's hypes and hopes. But I do it because I've always been very cautious with my hard earned money, and it bothers me to see others lose their money too.

MAKO has lost 39m in 2010, 34m in 2009, and 38m in 2008. It basically spends more money on research every year than it receives from revenues. Its shareholder equity keeps going up, but this is only because it keeps issuing more stock. Outstanding shares have gone from 1.87m to 39.95m in 4 years, a crippling dilution. Somehow though, it has a 1.6b market value against its 122m shareholder equity.

It's always possibile for a company that loses money every year to gain in stock price, but you're swimming against a very strong current.

Index Funds...Don't know...If one bot QQQ in 3/00 they'd be down over 50% now...Doug
    "Trade What Is Happening...Not What You Think Is Gonna Happen"

Find Tomorrow's Winners At SharpTraders.com

Follow Me On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by meteoraln View Post
    MAKO - I always feel like a Debbie Downer, bringing down people's hypes and hopes. But I do it because I've always been very cautious with my hard earned money, and it bothers me to see others lose their money too.

MAKO has lost 39m in 2010, 34m in 2009, and 38m in 2008. It basically spends more money on research every year than it receives from revenues. Its shareholder equity keeps going up, but this is only because it keeps issuing more stock. Outstanding shares have gone from 1.87m to 39.95m in 4 years, a crippling dilution. Somehow though, it has a 1.6b market value against its 122m shareholder equity.

It's always possibile for a company that loses money every year to gain in stock price, but you're swimming against a very strong current.
    They are forecasting a large sales surge with the prospect of many worldwide medical centers buying the device for hip procedures. This may lead to profitability very soon; they expanded their sales force, so that is a good sign, eh?
    99 percent of Politicians give the rest a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary611 View Post
    They are forecasting a large sales surge with the prospect of many worldwide medical centers buying the device for hip procedures. This may lead to profitability very soon; they expanded their sales force, so that is a good sign, eh?
    I think that you like this company because you have a personal experience with them. I remember when I first started researching companies. I fell in love with all of the first few that I researched. I guess it's because I put so much work into researching them. But to put things into light, almost every company promises increasing sales. This is something I learned after researching more and more companies.

I suggest that you take caution and wait until the sales to actually happen. Apple was at 129 the day they announced the first iphone. It was around 180 when the first iphone came out. Years later, apple has a 5th iphone and the stock is still increasing. Do not worry about getting into a company late. If it is going to do well, then it will do well. Don't buy promises, buy results.

Meteoraln

What do you think about AMZN? I think they're overvalued but don't know why the PPS reached this high. They're currently trading at 52wk high at 246.71 with P/E at 106. I had shorted this pig a couple of times but always ended up losing. And now I want to short it again. When the big players pull the rug, this thing will fall like NFLX.

Quote Originally Posted by wooish View Post
    Meteoraln

What do you think about AMZN? I think they're overvalued but don't know why the PPS reached this high. They're currently trading at 52wk high at 246.71 with P/E at 106. I had shorted this pig a couple of times but always ended up losing. And now I want to short it again. When the big players pull the rug, this thing will fall like NFLX.
    AMZN - This is a classic example of a wonderful company but a terrible stock. Amazon has an incredible business model. People pay up front for inventory that AMZN never has to hold. This is reflected by AMZN's 34B revenues vs 1.5B accounts receivables and 3B inventory in 2010. I think a portion of the 1.5B receivables are attributed to AMZN's credit card. A business model like this shields AMZN from the risk of buyers that don't pay and the risk of inventory becoming obsolete.

It has low capital expenditures and relatively small debt compared to its operating cash flow. One very very good thing to note is that it is not squandering shareholder equity like NFLX. AMZN's stock is overpriced, and it is very good to see that it is not repurchasing stock like NFLX. We see outstanding shares increasing and no attempt to control it, which is actually good in this case.

I've discovered the hard way that shorting is just too difficult. I wanted to short AMZN at 100, then at 150, then at 180, and again at 200. Luckily, I resisted the temptation every time. It's easier to short a company that is actually bad and showing losses. AMZN is not a bad company, just an overpriced stock. There's no telling when it will drop. I'd guess that if all states force AMZN to collect sales tax, it would be a catalyst.

Give us a rundown on Mr Markets holdings.
    AAP, AGP, CIB, NTES, PRGO, SRCL, TQNT, TRCR, UNH, VIT.
    It is hard to find the Truth when you start your search with a preconceived notion of what the Truth will be.

I see you live in NYC, if you ever have a need, I suggest the Hospital for Special Surgery on 71st Street. They are ranked #1 for orthopedics; btw MAKO was just rated as the #1 fastest growing companyin North America on Deloitte's 2011 Technology Fast 500(TM). Attributes Revenue Growth to a Company Culture Focused on Innovations in Robotic Technology for Orthopedics. To invest in companies like the great Peter Finch, might not be a bad idea, worked for him!

Default waiting on apple ?

Quote Originally Posted by meteoraln View Post

I suggest that you take caution and wait until the sales to actually happen. Apple was at 129 the day they announced the first iphone. It was around 180 when the first iphone came out. Years later, apple has a 5th iphone and the stock is still increasing. Do not worry about getting into a company late. If it is going to do well, then it will do well. Don't buy promises, buy results.
    $129 then or $300 now, MAKO is no APPL, but it is a rising play & I like my entry points on this one, thanks for your research on this.

Meteor

What do you think about BRKR and AAU? Thanks.

Thread Information