Quantcast
I have 33 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default PCLN ==> The Arbor Day Winner

Since earnings will be released after close today, for full disclosure, I wanted everyone to know I just purchased Priceline - PCLN at 244.44. I will sell it in 4 to 6 weeks at 281.48.

My write up will be issued after the earnings release tonight.
    Last edited by mrmarket; 05-18-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Wink hooker?

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    so are you saying that the Priceline PR people are prostitutes?

Thumbs up ok I'm in - PCLN is looking good at the moment.

what the heck, I feel lucky today... I'm in at 245. Now let's see what those PR whores have to say.

Since earnings will be released after close today, for full disclosure, I wanted everyone to know I just purchased Priceline - PCLN at 244.44. I will sell it in 4 to 6 weeks at 281.48.

My write up will be issued after the earnings release tonight.
    Mr.Market,
    A couple hours ago I was thinking the same thing. You wouldn't want to wait and be kicking yourself on this one.

-------------billy

Default Not looking great in AH

If my AH quotes are correct we are down over 10% to 222.00

Quote Originally Posted by yosberk View Post
    If my AH quotes are correct we are down over 10% to 222.00
    i like this pick and stock. the only thing i dont like is the price. you got to put up a qtr. mil. to own 1000 shares. so im looking at the options for a play tomorrow after the dust clears. i dont know what triggered the after hours selloff because the report in general was way over and above everyones expectations. their forward guidance was lower than expected but the report was excellent. i think it is just a case of selling into strength in the AH. but it was a big risk buying before earnings and this is the proof of that right now. waiting until after the earnings report or tomorrow might have provided a much cheaper entry with either the options or the stock.
    THE SKIRACER'S EDGE: MAKE THE EDGE IN YOUR FAVOR

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post
    Mr.Market,
    A couple hours ago I was thinking the same thing. You wouldn't want to wait and be kicking yourself on this one.

-------------billy
    and that is precisely the problem billyjoe. you dont know whether the earnings report is going to be what was expected or not. and when they do meet expectations a high number of times they tank afterwards anyway for whatever reasons. this was a great report. beat all expectations and yet still dropped over 20 + pts. after a great report. so what did it get you for being in before the report. nothing on the positive side and it was a gamble to start with. the sad part is that the stock will eventually end up meeting mm's criteria even after todays AH selloff. tomorrow will provide a nicer entry, especially with the options.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer View Post
    and that is precisely the problem billyjoe. you dont know whether the earnings report is going to be what was expected or not. and when they do meet expectations a high number of times they tank afterwards anyway for whatever reasons. this was a great report. beat all expectations and yet still dropped over 20 + pts. after a great report. so what did it get you for being in before the report. nothing on the positive side and it was a gamble to start with. the sad part is that the stock will eventually end up meeting mm's criteria even after todays AH selloff. tomorrow will provide a nicer entry, especially with the options.

Ski...it's like being around a craps tables with all your best friends, drinking Johnny Walker Blue and smoking a Partegas as long as your arm. Then some idiot throws a 7 and kills your mojo. No problem...keep rolling them. This is a great company. Write up to follow:

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Ski...it's like being around a craps tables with all your best friends, drinking Johnny Walker Blue and smoking a Partegas as long as your arm. Then some idiot throws a 7 and kills your mojo. No problem...keep rolling them. This is a great company. Write up to follow:
    its been on my watchlist for a while now and i was waiting for the earnings report to come out before i got in. i know the feeling of wanting to make sure you dont miss out on getting in before a great earnings report sends it higher than what you could have gotten in at before the report. but it seems these reports dont mean a thing anymore and that they drop as often after a great report as not. i am looking at the july 10 $250 and $260 calls tomorrow a.m. the $250's closed today at $23.30 up $10.10 and the $260's closed today at $18.70 up $8.30. but tomorrow morning they both should be alot cheaper. i think the stock and the options go up from here. i dont understand what could have prompted this AH selloff today other than profit taking into todays strength.

Thread Information