Quantcast
I have 35 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 202292299300301302
Results 3,011 to 3,019 of 3019

Quote Originally Posted by Karel View Post
    Congratulations to Spike, and runners-up Doug, and Pete this week. And congratulations too to the top three of the overall competition: Stenz, Spike and Riverbabe!

Regards,

Karel
    I echo that sentiment! Congrats to you all!

Congratulations on another fine pick and win this week Spike and to Doug and Pete on your place and show finishes. A fitting end to another year. Stenzrob, it must have been a very subtle thing but your consistency has shown through with your year end totals and taking the top spot over the course of the year. Congratulations on a fine year Stenzrob and I look forward to competing against you again this year. And of course everyone else.

Rob,except for Ernie and Karel no one has put more time into this site, work wise with the POTW, than yourself. We all owe you a debt of gratitude for sticking with running the game seemingly against all the profanity which we all know rubs against your moral fiber and beliefs. Good luck with the new site and your search for those utopian ideals that you are looking for in life. I sincerely mean that and wish you only the best and your total success in any endeavor.

Although I fail to see the problem myself in our conduct and our troubling use of profanity, I would love to see some numbers or percentages of the specific use of profanity per post totals. Perhaps Karel or anyone could do some backtracking on all the posts to define those numbers for everyone. Perhaps you could do that to support your reasoning.

What bothers me to some degree, enough for me to mention it, is the prime reasoning for your leaving being as you put it, our use of profanity. It makes it seem like the people using Ernie's forum and posting here are a pretty foul group of people who have driven you away because of the high level use of profanity. It also casts a shadow on the moral values of Ernie and especially Karel, who administers the forum and is basically responsible for keeping the use of foul language down to a minimun. Plus the rest of us. Are we as a group to be considered a bunch of foul mouthed individuals who seemingly drove you away because of the high use of profanity? By making that statement to anyone anytime in the future as the reasoning behind the move doesn't do us justice and in my opinion is very unfair and completely off base. So I have to take exception with that statement/accusation. Other than that I wish you only the best and a safe and Happy New Year and success with your new site.
    THE SKIRACER'S EDGE: MAKE THE EDGE IN YOUR FAVOR

Congratulations from Rocky River to all contestants in the POTW this year! What a brave (and brazen?) bunch of characters we are to let it all hang out there! Special pats on the back to Spike, Doug & Pete for wrapping up the year with customary flourish!

And to STENZ, WOW! To SPIKE, double WOW. To stand on the podium with the likes of you two is an honor I will not soon forget!

Rob, have to admit your writing ain't all that bad after all. Would love to have a limerick-writing contest with you sometime! A BIG THANKYOU for making it so much fun. Funny thing, I haven't noticed very much objectionable language here. Must be blind to it I guess, or maybe I just interpret the ***'s in the nicest way possible! So, I'm kind of surprised, but certainly respect your decision.

PEANUTS, for Heaven's Sake, where are you off to??? What did you DO???? Surely you didn't take a day job!!! Did you get married??? Please keep sending me those pictures, 'cause I'm really gonna miss you handsome honey.

Well, I guess that about says it, except to thank all of you, especially Ernie and Karel, for a wonderful year here. And a Happy and Prosperous 2008 to All!

-----The Babe by the River

Quote Originally Posted by IIC View Post
    Out of the country doing what?

You had to know that I would ask
    Quote Originally Posted by riverbabe View Post
    ...PEANUTS, for Heaven's Sake, where are you off to??? What did you DO???? Surely you didn't take a day job!!! Did you get married??? Please keep sending me those pictures, 'cause I'm really gonna miss you handsome honey.
    Believe it or not, I got a real job-type-job. There is no more stressful day trading from the house in my underwear. My new job takes me to every country between S. Korea and Australia and includes S. Africa as well. I am setting up agencies and distributorships as well as doing direct sales for my company that supplies to the power and energy industries. I'll be out of the country for half of the year, at least.

I'll be going to Malaysia and Singapore in January, probably China in February, and then to India in March. My second office is in Australia, so I'll be making at a minimum 4, 1-week long trips there every year.

A friend suggested that I begin a blog that shows pictures of all the places that I'll be going. When I get that up and running, I'll post a link to it.
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.
    What's a sundial in the shade?

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post

A friend suggested that I begin a blog that shows pictures of all the places that I'll be going. When I get that up and running, I'll post a link to it.
    That's a very good idea.

BTW...who's gonna take care of your dog?
    "Trade What Is Happening...Not What You Think Is Gonna Happen"

Find Tomorrow's Winners At SharpTraders.com

Follow Me On Twitter

Believe it or not, I got a real job-type-job. There is no more stressful day trading from the house in my underwear. My new job takes me to every country between S. Korea and Australia and includes S. Africa as well. I am setting up agencies and distributorships as well as doing direct sales for my company that supplies to the power and energy industries. I'll be out of the country for half of the year, at least.

I'll be going to Malaysia and Singapore in January, probably China in February, and then to India in March. My second office is in Australia, so I'll be making at a minimum 4, 1-week long trips there every year.

WOW that's impressive! Does your company have a stock ticker that you can PM to me?? Please..?? Any company expanding that quickly, and smart enough to hire you, has to be a winner! All the best to you Sweet Pea. Will be looking forward to hearing from you lots! Riverbabe

Congrats to all the YTD winners...at least I didn't come in last...Obviously I'm not much of a contest guy because I actually had a very nice year in real life.
    "Trade What Is Happening...Not What You Think Is Gonna Happen"

Find Tomorrow's Winners At SharpTraders.com

Follow Me On Twitter

Thumbs up

Congrats on the new job, Peanuts! Sounds like it's going to be a blast!

Continued as POTW 2008

Regards,

Karel
    My Investopedia portfolio
    (You need to have a (free) Investopedia or Facebook login, sorry!)

Thread Information