Quantcast
I have 35 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 101 of 302 FirstFirst ... 919899100101102103104111201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3019

Ski, dude.... I gotta get out of UA. I'll sell that, and enter into B short. Let me know if you need the prices.
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.
    What's a sundial in the shade?

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by riverbabe View Post
    Please put me in CBI long. Thanks.
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I like this sector for 2007 and 2008. The highway and transportation infrastructure bill passed last year should give this and some other companies that I watch a nice boost in business over the next few years.
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    Ski, dude.... I gotta get out of UA. I'll sell that, and enter into B short. Let me know if you need the prices.
    Peanuts,
    If you could help me out with the intraday time of sale prices it would be a big help. That is the only thing that I am going to need help with probable everyday as something with my broker has changed and I can't get the intraday time of sale prices anymore after the close and I can't gurarantee that I will be watching that closely everyday during the day to get all of the changes. Thanks.
    THE SKIRACER'S EDGE: MAKE THE EDGE IN YOUR FAVOR

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer View Post
    Peanuts,
    If you could help me out with the intraday time of sale prices it would be a big help. That is the only thing that I am going to need help with probable everyday as something with my broker has changed and I can't get the intraday time of sale prices anymore after the close and I can't gurarantee that I will be watching that closely everyday during the day to get all of the changes. Thanks.
    I am not quite sure about dependability, but http://finance.yahoo.com has nice intraday charts with minute intervals, like this.

Regards,

Karel
    My Investopedia portfolio
    (You need to have a (free) Investopedia or Facebook login, sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Karel View Post
    I am not quite sure about dependability, but http://finance.yahoo.com has nice intraday charts with minute intervals, like this.

Regards,

Karel
    At first, I was logging into my Ameritrade account and finding the intraday prices in that manner, but once Yahoo Finance began offering the test version of their 1 day charts, I began to use that to find the prices. Nobody found any discrepencies, so I guess it was working OK.... but be careful of the daily opening prices from Yahoo- as Rob once pointed out, the prices may take a few days before they are settled.

as far as my trade prices today - exited UA at $46.96 and entered B short at $24.12

RL exited at $8.98

Riverbabe entered at $35
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.

- Benjamin Franklin

Riverbabe entered at $35
    That's pretty discouraging. Did you notice that from 3rd place last week at one point, I dropped to dead last? My luck has been abyssmal lately, both in the POTW and personally.

That's pretty discouraging. Did you notice that from 3rd place last week at one point, I dropped to dead last? My luck has been abyssmal lately, both in the POTW and personally.
    Don't worry too much, Babe. Same thing has happened to me, lately. Market dynamics change all the time, so the same strategy isn't as effective throughout the entire timeline; but if the strategy is good, then you'll do just fine in the long run. Ernie can tell you that, too.

You are not the only one to express what you have.

Did you ever hear of the Costanza Doctrine?
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.

- Benjamin Franklin

Does it have anything to do with a "domain?"

I think I've just been working way too hard recently. Even had to work 8 hours on Saturday and 6 on Sunday (all intense scientific creative writing on the computer). Was that any way to spend a sunshiny weekend? But I watched "The Queen" on DVD. That was fun. Need a break. Maybe will sell in May and go away for a few months. The market is way too tricky right now. Riverbabe

Default The Costanza Doctrine

Does it have anything to do with a "domain?"
    The Costanza Doctrine, from Nigel Davies
    April 3, 2007

This has been used of late in a political context, but the Costanza Doctrine (taken from a Seinfeld episode in which George Constanza temporarily improved his fortunes by doing the opposite of what his instincts told him) would seem to offer hope to thousands of losing traders. The trick would seem to be to buy when you feel that knot of fear in the pit of your stomach, or sell when you feel the joy and excitement of a trade going your way.

George:

"Why did it all turn out like this for me? I had so much promise. I was personable. I was bright. Oh, maybe not academically speaking, but I was perceptive. I always know when someone's uncomfortable at a party. It all became very clear to me sitting out there today, that every decision I've ever made in my entire life has been wrong. My life is the complete opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have in every aspect of life, be it something to wear, something to eatů It's always wrong."

Jerry:

"If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right."
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.

- Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information