Quantcast
I have 35 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by IIC
    The reason IBD as a business is a total failure is because nobody...Well...Mostly nobody...Has any idea what they are trying to present...They have a really bad business model ...I have publically offered my assistance...But the phone ain't ringin'...Too bad for them...IIC
    While I am generally a political conservative, I think I am open minded and look at each political issue as a stand alone case. Not so with IBD and their editorials and it's painful to read them, knowing what they are going to say before you even finish the first sentence.
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by StkyTreat
    .... I have to get going my mom is yelling at me to go to bed or she will take my computer away. bye
    Reading IBD and trying to understand it is good.... Listening to your mom and dad and making them happy is better....

..... I don’t like the mall much because when you go with a group of people the police harass you and no one wants to sell you anything because they think you will steal or don’t have any money. The same people and they police that treats us like crap sucks up to our parents when they take us shopping.
    The police have a difficult job. Many teens hanging out in groups are up to "no good" and the cops have experienced this many times. The police and the shop owners have also experienced teens steal from the mall stores, and it's hard to tell which teens might steal and which ones won't. The police (and shop owners) are nice to your parents when they see them with you because they very much like to see kids who are supervised by parents. When you are older you'll understand this better I'm sure.
    BEEF!... it's whats for dinner!

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen
    Well congrats on the winning trade, Stky!

But let me make a suggestion to you for the next one. Factor commission into your trading plan, and plan for the commission to be no more than, say, 10% of your profit. If you pay a 2% commission for a 4% gross profit, you're losing half of it to your broker, and in the end (after enough trades that the law of averages sets in) you will be losing money, guaranteed. So, instead of looking for a stock to give you 4% in a week, try looking for one that will yield 20% in a month or two. Or, if you still want to do the shorter term trades, wait until your position size (meaning: save your money) increases to the point where the commission takes a smaller bite out of your trade.

Even better, though, would be to do some more paper trading before jumping in too fast with real money.
    Hi Jiesen

Yeah I understand what you are saying. I was stupid and wasn’t thinking at that moment. I was bored at my uncle’s work and my parent also told me not to make a trade until I get permission from them. After I made the buy, the darn stock started to go down and I panic so when it went up a dollar I sold it quickly. Stupid of me that I forgot about the buy and sell fees. I thought in the gain/lost box I saw a green $25 with an up arrow was a $25 profit with the $7 fee taken out already but I was wrong.

Anyway I got into trouble for making the trade, my parents grounded for a week and no computer. Just an hour ago they gave my computer back but they changed my pass word to scottrade for now. My dad said I can have $500 to play with as long as I can show him I know what I’m doing. I think I better play POTW for a while before I play with real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyehopper
    Reading IBD and trying to understand it is good.... Listening to your mom and dad and making them happy is better....

The police have a difficult job. Many teens hanging out in groups are up to "no good" and the cops have experienced this many times. The police and the shop owners have also experienced teens steal from the mall stores, and it's hard to tell which teens might steal and which ones won't. The police (and shop owners) are nice to your parents when they see them with you because they very much like to see kids who are supervised by parents. When you are older you'll understand this better I'm sure.
    Hi Lye

I don’t think when us kids are hangout at the mall are up to no good, we’re just bored. It’ beats being in a gang and driving around town shooting things up. The bigger (older) kids maybe up to know no good but they are just as bored as we are.

We go to the mall because the shop owners advertises on TV commercials for us to go to the mall, a place to get out of the hot sun to buy cool hips clothes to show our friends the new upcoming styles so they can come to the mall to buy the products; basically to spent money on products at their stores but when we go there, they don’t want to help us. They filter us by the way we dress and what types of people we associate with. That I don’t understand?

I understand what you are saying about the police can’t tell which group of kids are good and which group steals. That is why the have cameras to see who is stealing and who is not. Everyone should be treated fair and equal until the act of stealing occurs, don’t you think?

Like it or not, stealing is a part of America!!!

Does anyone know of a good blog site that I can post my thought to share with millions of people?

Sticky,
    When I mentioned that my son would be "set for life" if he kept contributing to his Roth IRA I meant that he would be very well off financially at a relatively early age ...... say 55.

---------I did some very conservative calculations based on you contributing 100 per month to a Roth IRA starting at age 18 with the money growing at 7% per year. Remember the government can't touch this money it will never be taxed once it's in the Roth IRA. Based on the 100 per month and the 7% compounded you'll have put in $9600 by age 25 , it will have grown to $12312, by age 35 , you'll have contributed $21600 , it will have grown to $40799 , by age 45 , $33600 = $96837 , age 55, $45600 = $207,073. Notice that the magic of compounding really kicks in . At a certain point the growth becomes massive. This is just an example. You can do much better than this. Some years will be bad , but most will be better than average. During the down markets of 2000- 2002 , I lost nearly 40% of my retirement funds but am now up over 350% from the low point. I never stopped contributing to the retirement funds.

Good luck, Sticky

-------billyjoe

diogenes Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket
    While I am generally a political conservative, I think I am open minded and look at each political issue as a stand alone case. Not so with IBD and their editorials and it's painful to read them, knowing what they are going to say before you even finish the first sentence.
    I agree (well not with the pol. Conservative bit), but with the inclusion of the drivel, i.e., predictable political commentary. Maybe, it was more of a gambit to pander to a certain subscriber base. Yet, going off the “The Successful Investor,” W. O’Neil seems painfully to want to be viewed as an insider.

diogenes Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen
    Well congrats on the winning trade, Stky!

But let me make a suggestion to you for the next one. Factor commission into your trading plan, and plan for the commission to be no more than, say, 10% of your profit. If you pay a 2% commission for a 4% gross profit, you're losing half of it to your broker, and in the end (after enough trades that the law of averages sets in) you will be losing money, guaranteed. So, instead of looking for a stock to give you 4% in a week, try looking for one that will yield 20% in a month or two. Or, if you still want to do the shorter term trades, wait until your position size (meaning: save your money) increases to the point where the commission takes a smaller bite out of your trade.

Even better, though, would be to do some more paper trading before jumping in too fast with real money.
    You might want to look into opening an account with TradeKing or SogoInvet (a general arm of Genesis), which have smaller fees than Scottrade.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoe
    Sticky,
    When I mentioned that my son would be "set for life" if he kept contributing to his Roth IRA I meant that he would be very well off financially at a relatively early age ...... say 55.

---------I did some very conservative calculations based on you contributing 100 per month to a Roth IRA starting at age 18 with the money growing at 7% per year. Remember the government can't touch this money it will never be taxed once it's in the Roth IRA. Based on the 100 per month and the 7% compounded you'll have put in $9600 by age 25 , it will have grown to $12312, by age 35 , you'll have contributed $21600 , it will have grown to $40799 , by age 45 , $33600 = $96837 , age 55, $45600 = $207,073. Notice that the magic of compounding really kicks in . At a certain point the growth becomes massive. This is just an example. You can do much better than this. Some years will be bad , but most will be better than average. During the down markets of 2000- 2002 , I lost nearly 40% of my retirement funds but am now up over 350% from the low point. I never stopped contributing to the retirement funds.

Good luck, Sticky

-------billyjoe
    Hi BillyJoe

Do you recommend which funds or types of ROTH IRA to look into for now? Thanks

Default Israeli-Hezbollah and China

Any one familiar with the two subjects that can help me understand? It wouldn’t benefit me to post and no one replies back, let me know…thanks.

Any one familiar with the two subjects that can help me understand? It wouldn’t benefit me to post and no one replies back, let me know…thanks.
    China is a cool place to visit... I usually eat a lot of dumplings when I'm there.

Thread Information