Quantcast
I have 73 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 1 of 1044 1234111011001 ... LastLast

Default Portfolio of the Week

Would anyone be interested in contributing to a "Portfolio of the Week" thread? Submit a portfolio of 2-10 stocks. You get a make believe $10,000 invested equally in each stock starting at Monday's open and ending at close Friday. I'll calculate your return . Each week we'll have a new portfolio. I'll list the top 10 periodically and at years end. You may win some cheese, a fat lady link, or even greater prizes. A special "Portfolio of the Week" home edition game will be given to all departing contestants.
    You have nothing to lose (except respect in the business community) and everything to gain. First guinea pig, I mean contestant to reply with their portfolio will be in next trade shortened week.
    billyjoe

Thumbs up

Sounds cool! I'll post my picks tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Websman
    Sounds cool! I'll post my picks tomorrow night.
    Forget tomorrow night...I'll post my picks now!

I'll go with DHB and XMSR. $5,000 in each. I think they'll both go up next week.

If only I had the guts to do that with my own money....

Runner Guest

My few picks: I wish I new how well they would perform!

AACE ARS ABR AUGT AUO CNET DTSI ELNK EIX EWW SWIR

Webs,
    You're #1. Runner, you'll be on the waiting list for now. Lets see wouldn't it be cool if we got 49 different Mr.Market members for 49 weeks.
    billyjoe

Thumbs up Portfolio

Billy Joe are we starting this week 1/17 I'm In
    Ray Long

RL,
    I think it will be 1/18 because of MLK day on monday. Maybe I wasn't clear, but each person only gets one week with their picks and they will be sold on Friday and I'll keep track of that total to compare with others. I won't continue to track the stocks after the week is over or it would become impossible as the numbers grew each week. I don't think we'll get a different contestant for each week so many people will get more than one chance during the year. I guess you could call it a one week contest of stock picking ability. Figure out your picks RL and you can have the 3rd portfolio starting January 31st. Come up with another TASR or JOBS and we'll put you in the Mr.Market is huge hall of fame.
    billyjoe

So we are only going to track one person's picks for the week? I think that skews it pretty badly, as some people will get good market conditions, others poor ones. Plus, everyone has a bad week or two. On the other hand, it'd be hard to track 49 ports each week.

I'd pick $7000 on HUM from my "freight train" port and 3000 on ARGN from my "Pop or drop" port.
    Buy Low
    Sell High
    STAY FROSTY!

sorry scifos, but the rules clearly state that the money is to be invested equally in each stock. don't blame me tho, I didn't make the rules!

by the way, Humana is quite the impressive freight train... I may look more closely at this one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen
    sorry scifos, but the rules clearly state that the money is to be invested equally in each stock. don't blame me tho, I didn't make the rules!

by the way, Humana is quite the impressive freight train... I may look more closely at this one myself.
    Thats too bad, since I wouldn't bet half the farm on anything in my Pop or drop port. But if this isn't going to be real money, then I'd fire away with 50-50 HUM and ARGN
    Buy Low
    Sell High
    STAY FROSTY!

Thread Information