Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virus Report

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post
    Two of my 3 children have immunodeficiencies that first appeared in their 20's and 30's. One effects the optic nerves, the other manifests itself with lupus type symptoms. My son is able to work at home in the software industry, but my daughter is working in a regional laboratory and is in close contact with covid-19 specimens. How are the health care workers going to be protected? I don't think we know.

--------------billy
    Billy, this is sad news. But they and their growing families are so lucky to have you and your wife who always willingly sacrifice so much to take care of them and all the grandchildren. IMHO the only positive for the virus, other than plain common sense, is that a vaccine will be approved soon enough to provide hope for us all. And we have encountered dangerous organisms in our work before and know how to handle them. May our luck hold out until then! Our best wishes are with you all.

The regional hospital my daughter works at receives virus tubes from Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky. and Ohio. Just talked to her. She said they can't get in supplies other than those used routinely. How much advance time is needed? South Korea was able to produce millions of tests in 1 week.

------------------billy

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post
    The regional hospital my daughter works at receives virus tubes from Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky. and Ohio. Just talked to her. She said they can't get in supplies other than those used routinely. How much advance time is needed? South Korea was able to produce millions of tests in 1 week.
    ------------------billy
    We got caught flat footed, Billy. Poor planning and budgeting issues from what I’ve read. They’re working hard to remedy the problem now, though. Better late than never, but somebody dropped the ball big time.

We'll get through it. Everyone stay safe and do their part.
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Those who like to study charts might find this interesting. According to Dr. Fauchi, immunologist, the current course of the covid-19 virus especially when compared to that of countries infected before the USA would indicate a peak in the infection rate should be reached around May 1st.

-------------------billy

Afraid To Leave Your House? Check this out!

https://www.pollking.com/?are-you-af...he-coronavirus

Some good news: As of March 16, at least one COVID-19 vaccine has gone into clinical trials. In addition, I was able to find almost three dozen additional vaccines in development. Of course, their development is a race against the clock, but a lot of them are being fast-tracked in order to cut through some of the red tape.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...ovid-19-begins

Due to Gov. DeWine's early shut down of Ohio, it appears hundreds or thousands of lives have been saved. According to the Ohio Dept. of Health as of April 10th the corona virus is in 84 of the 88 Ohio counties with the highest totals in the most populous counties. A total of 5512 cases breaks down this way: 1024 cases Cuyahoga County (Cleveland) 802 cases Franklin County (Columbus) 473 cases Hamilton County (Cincinnati) 403 cases Lucas County (Toledo) 334 cases Mahoning County (Youngstown).

There have been 213 deaths with 364 new cases April 10th down from a peak of 427 new cases on April 4th. Original projection were for 1600+ deaths. New projections are for 500+. There are 10 cases in my county about half way between Toledo and Cleveland. DeWine said what convinced him to close down the state on March 22nd after the first 2 deaths in the state was the Arnold Classic (Schwartzenegger) that would have brought 60,000 people to Columbus from 80 countries.

---------------------billy

On the market front, I would be very careful about the recent "good news" and recent market rallies. Think about it...when the market was at 29,000 in January....what will the world be like in November, will the economy be better than it was in January? It will be difficult to see an environment where most businesses have fully recovered.
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

I bought some GILD today at $82 on the news that remdesivir study data shows that it works to treat the Covid-19 infection.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/healt...ent/index.html

I'm sure that when more people hear about this data they will pile into the stock in the coming few days and weeks. Not sure this will actually make a dent in GILD's earnings or market value (currently over $100B) though. So, I'll probably sell it at $90 if I can, next week. (or at $80 if I turn out to be wrong)

Thread Information