Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Virus Report

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    On the market front, I would be very careful about the recent "good news" and recent market rallies. Think about it...when the market was at 29,000 in January....what will the world be like in November, will the economy be better than it was in January? It will be difficult to see an environment where most businesses have fully recovered.
    Lookin' for stuff to sell starting tomorrow. Always have some turkeys. Scary part is reports of large numbers of people who want to file for unemployment but have not been able to yet because of staffing issues, other snafus.

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    I bought some GILD today at $82 on the news that remdesivir study data shows that it works to treat the Covid-19 infection.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/healt...ent/index.html

I'm sure that when more people hear about this data they will pile into the stock in the coming few days and weeks. Not sure this will actually make a dent in GILD's earnings or market value (currently over $100B) though. So, I'll probably sell it at $90 if I can, next week. (or at $80 if I turn out to be wrong)
    I'll probably kick myself for this, when it hits 90 next week, but I sold my GILD today at $80. $2/shr is all I'm willing to risk on this trade, though.

My daughter's hospital in Toledo announced they are going to test employees every 2 weeks. Only problem is they don't have the personnel to administer the tests, they don't have the proper equipment, and they don't have the tests. Sound familiar? Will keep updating this process.

------------------billy

My daughter is a nurse at a northwest arkansas hospital. She is doing some testing for C-19 etc. She told me about a patient they had on a ventelator who recovered when they used the new therapy involving plasma from donors who had recovered from C-19. She said the treatment was very difficult to do because the plasma is so rare, but she also said it was very effective (yay! encouraging news!). You simply didn't recover after being on a ventelator until this treatment. I'll link below to that story. I pray there will eventually be a vaccine, and I think things will open back up this Summer, but I also think positive news recently and the recovery in the market will not last this year. I think we will see another correction, and possibly a big one. However, I think it will provide great opportunity for the informed, so fear not! I have a watchlist of stocks that I'd love to see take a drop so I could buy at a discount.

Another thing my daughter told me... from her perspective inside the healthcare system, the biggest struggle is not the virus, its how it affects everything else - they have trouble getting supplies, they can't do procedures that typically pay the hospitals well and finance all the other non-profitable hospital activities, her coworkers don't have childcare, on and on. I know opening up is risky, but I think the risk of not opening up the economy needs to be acknowledged. Crazy times for sure.

Stay safe folks!

https://www.facebook.com/NWHealthAR/...6827976726788/
    Math doesn't lie, but people do.

Thread Information