Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Results 1 to 10 of 101

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    941

    Exclamation Rules for Pick of The Year (PoTY) 2020

    Happy New Year!

    You have until February 1, 2020 up to 11:59 PM PST to make a pick – Starting price will be January 31, 2020 closing price (per Google, unless it's shown that the Google price is incorrect). Any stocks trading on the NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE or, OTC – Long or short.

    We welcome IPOs if picked by the end of February 1, 2020 – Starting price will be the closing price of the IPO.

    Picks submitted after February 1, 2020 are welcome – A 20% penalty of the closing price.

    Short share price – Price when delisted plus a 20% penalty of the closing price.

    A reverse split, split, or, symbol change – OK if you let us know prior to or on February 1, 2020 (For example, Louetta informed us with her pick of LOGG) otherwise a 20% penalty for the extra research.

    I will post on February 2, 2020 before I leave. I will be hiking for several months. I will update the monthly results if I get internet connection or when I come back home.

    Discussions and concerns are welcome. Good Luck!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    941

    Default

    I pick AMD long. Maybe it will fly like NVDA.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    941

    Default

    11 players and 11 days left to get your picks in.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Eight days left to get your picks in.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    42

    Default

    This year I try it with Novocure (NVCR).
    Thank you JohnHenry

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Great, we got another great pick. Four days left to get your picks in.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry View Post
    Happy New Year!

    You have until February 1, 2020 up to 11:59 PM PST to make a pick – Starting price will be January 31, 2020 closing price (per Google, unless it's shown that the Google price is incorrect). Any stocks trading on the NASDAQ, AMEX, NYSE or, OTC – Long or short.

    We welcome IPOs if picked by the end of February 1, 2020 – Starting price will be the closing price of the IPO.

    Picks submitted after February 1, 2020 are welcome – A 20% penalty of the closing price.

    Short share price – Price when delisted plus a 20% penalty of the closing price.

    A reverse split, split, or, symbol change – OK if you let us know prior to or on February 1, 2020 (For example, Louetta informed us with her pick of LOGG) otherwise a 20% penalty for the extra research.

    I will post on February 2, 2020 before I leave. I will be hiking for several months. I will update the monthly results if I get internet connection or when I come back home.

    Discussions and concerns are welcome. Good Luck!
    I think that the rules are pretty clear in this case... late picks are allowed and welcome, with the 20% penalty. There's no second deadline, so I would assume any time before the end of the year, you could enter with the penalty. (of course the longer you wait, the less hope you'd have of actually winning) Unless there are any objections, I would just go by what the rules say.

    Also, to your other question, the price would probably best be taken as the closing price on the day it was picked here. But if you're tracking it, I would say it's probably best left to you to interpret the rules and decide which price to use. If you do pick the wrong price, you can always correct it later, but I have a feeling there won't be much objection if you are off by a day or a dime on this one.
    Last edited by jiesen; 07-02-2020 at 04:54 PM. Reason: oh yeah, the other question

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth (Mostly)
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    I think that the rules are pretty clear in this case... late picks are allowed and welcome, with the 20% penalty. There's no second deadline, so I would assume any time before the end of the year, you could enter with the penalty. (of course the longer you wait, the less hope you'd have of actually winning) Unless there are any objections, I would just go by what the rules say.

    Also, to your other question, the price would probably best be taken as the closing price on the day it was picked here. But if you're tracking it, I would say it's probably best left to you to interpret the rules and decide which price to use. If you do pick the wrong price, you can always correct it later, but I have a feeling there won't be much objection if you are off by a day or a dime on this one.
    I think the best solution will be to use price at the time of Antioch’s post. I will use 1 min chart opening price at that time to determine this. How should I apply the 20% penalty? By adding 20% to the starting price, by taking 20% of the closing price or by taking 20% off the percentage gain? Any thoughts?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth (Mostly)
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
    I think the best solution will be to use price at the time of Antioch’s post. I will use 1 min chart opening price at that time to determine this. How should I apply the 20% penalty? By adding 20% to the starting price, by taking 20% of the closing price or by taking 20% off the percentage gain? Any thoughts?
    For now, I will apply the penalty by adding 20% to the starting price. John Henry, when you read this, please clarify how the penalty should be applied if I’m wrong. I will be posting standings after market close today. Some real surprises this week.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth (Mostly)
    Posts
    564

    Default POY Contest Standings as of Market Close July 3, 2020

    I forgot that the market is closed today in observance of Independence Day, so I will go ahead and post the standings for this week. It was an exciting week as Mimo’s NEXCF blasted into the lead, dethroning PACO, who has been in first place since the very earliest days of the contest. Congratulations, Mimo. It’s tight though, and I have a hunch there will be many changes at the top before this is over. Also a warm welcome to Antioch and his dad, who just joined the contest. They have to pay a 20% penalty for joining late, but don’t rule them out. Remember, Antioch’s dad and Antioch finished 1-2 last year, so the competition just got tougher. There are some pretty incredible gains at the top of the standings right now, but if you’re still under water, don’t despair. Mimo’s NEXCF was hovering near the bottom just a few short weeks ago. Now look at it. Let’s see what surprises are in store for us next week. Good luck everyone.


    POY Contest Standings, As of Market Close Jul 3, 2020

    Contestant Stock L or S Open Current Penalty Gain/Loss with Penalty
    1 Mimo NEXCF Long $2.25 $‎ 4.24
    88.44%
    2
    Paco REGN Long $337.94 $‎ 622.45
    84.19%
    3 Riverbabe CRWD Long $61.09 $‎ 107.27
    75.59%
    4 Jiesen CERS Long $4.01 $‎ 6.76
    68.58%
    5 BlueWolf TTD Long $269.18 $‎ 442.93
    64.55%
    6 Billy Joe AMZN Long $2,008.72 $‎ 2,890.30
    43.89%
    7 NASDAQ QQQ Long $219.07 $‎ 252.19
    15.12%
    8 John Henry AMD Long $47.00 $‎ 52.34
    11.36%
    9 Mr. Market INTZ Long $5.97 $‎ 6.15
    3.02%
    10 S&P SPY Long $321.73 $‎ 312.23
    -2.95%
    11 Dow DIA Long $282.42 $‎ 258.42
    -8.50%
    12 Antioch EA Long $133.84 $‎ 133.84 20.00% -16.67%
    13 Antioch’s Dad MSFT Long $206.26 $‎ 206.26 20.00% -16.67%
    14 Tiedyed CODA Long $6.29 $‎ 5.11
    -18.76%
    15 Wifwif NVCR Long $81.46 $‎ 60.65
    -25.55%
    16 Minni17 OMF Long $42.37 $‎ 24.13
    -43.05%
    17 Phoenix7 SEAC Long $4.44 $‎ 1.45
    -67.34%
    18 Louetta BDGY Long $0.14 $‎ 0.044
    -68.57%

    Note: I have adjusted the table to use the closing price for the day of entry for Antioch and Antioch’s dad as per John Henry.


    Last edited by BlueWolf; 07-04-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pick of The Year 2020 Contest
    By JohnHenry in forum Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-16-2020, 12:55 AM
  2. Rules for Pick of The Year (PoTY) 2019
    By JohnHenry in forum Discussion
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 01-09-2020, 12:51 PM
  3. Rules for Pick of The Year (PoTY) 2018
    By JohnHenry in forum Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-01-2019, 08:00 PM
  4. Rules for Pick of The Year (PoTY) 2017
    By JohnHenry in forum Discussion
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-23-2018, 02:03 PM
  5. Pick of The Year (PoTY) 2013
    By JohnHenry in forum Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 05:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Do you like this site?

Go to the homepage of
$$$ MR. MARKET $$$