Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    Gentlemen, li'l clerical stuff, the symbol for my pick LOGG has changed to BDGY.
    OK. I have BDGY as of April 15, 2020. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by riverbabe View Post
    The OBVIOUS answer to your question! Ernie!!! His business is PHYSICAL OIL STORAGE!
    The following is a partial response by me to a private message question from one of our fellow compatriots. I hope he doesn't mind if I post it here. "They are paying storage places to take the oversupply off their hands!!?? Ernie is probably in the middle of it. Right now I buy $20 of gas once a month. LOL A couple of stock market newbies with a little money to spend have asked my advice about being enticed by the low oil prices. I just tell them NOW is NOT the time to buy. Oil has always been boom or bust. Gave it a wait and see how it shakes out. Oh yes, I am currently reading Rachel Maddow's book "Blowout". Fascinating thorough education about the recent history of oil (all kinds). You might enjoy reading about all our favorite companies and Oklahoma and shale and Chesapeake and Rex Tillerson and Putin and the entire Russian saga. It's definitely an eye-opener. Easy to read and understand too."

The OBVIOUS answer to your question! Ernie!!! His business is PHYSICAL OIL STORAGE!
    The question was "where to buy and sell oil" - Ernie brokers storage, he does not buy and sell oil if I understand his business correctly! see https://www.thetanktiger.com/services/
    Tim - Retired Problem Solver

Try the CME?

https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/ene...x_futures.html

Looks like crude is selling for $14.2 today.
    Last edited by jiesen; 04-24-2020 at 10:42 AM. Reason: er, yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    Try the CME?

I agree with jiesen. Your best bet is to trade oil futures. Just remember that a futures contract, unlike an option, which has to be exercised hence is “optional”, is an obligation to buy/sell. Just like options, however, each contract has an expiration, so you’ll be dealing with time premiums.

The following is a partial response by me to a private message question from one of our fellow compatriots. I hope he doesn't mind if I post it here. "They are paying storage places to take the oversupply off their hands!!?? Ernie is probably in the middle of it. Right now I buy $20 of gas once a month. LOL A couple of stock market newbies with a little money to spend have asked my advice about being enticed by the low oil prices. I just tell them NOW is NOT the time to buy. Oil has always been boom or bust. Gave it a wait and see how it shakes out. Oh yes, I am currently reading Rachel Maddow's book "Blowout". Fascinating thorough education about the recent history of oil (all kinds). You might enjoy reading about all our favorite companies and Oklahoma and shale and Chesapeake and Rex Tillerson and Putin and the entire Russian saga. It's definitely an eye-opener. Easy to read and understand too."
    Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by mimo_100 View Post
    The question was "where to buy and sell oil" - Ernie brokers storage, he does not buy and sell oil if I understand his business correctly! see https://www.thetanktiger.com/services/
    Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    Try the CME?

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
    I agree with jiesen. Your best bet is to trade oil futures. Just remember that a futures contract, unlike an option, which has to be exercised hence is “optional”, is an obligation to buy/sell. Just like options, however, each contract has an expiration, so you’ll be dealing with time premiums.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Here are the latest contest standings. Paco remains the leader with an incredible 67+% gain so far, but Jiesen is beginning to mount a substantial challenge with a 40+% gain. Billy Joe, John Henry, and Riverbabe continue to round out the top five with some pretty nice gains of their own. As for the rest of us, well, we’re still in the red, but hope springs eternal and you never know what surprises the market will bring.

POY Contest Standings, As of Market Close Apr 24, 2020
    Contestant Stock L or S Open Current Gain/Loss
    Paco REGN Long $337.94 $‎ 566.21 67.55%
    Jiesen CERS Long $4.01 $‎ 5.66 41.15%
    Billy Joe AMZN Long $2,008.72 $‎ 2,410.22 19.99%
    John Henry AMD Long $47.00 $‎ 56.18 19.53%
    Riverbabe CRWD Long $61.09 $‎ 72.00 17.86%
    NASDAQ QQQ Long $219.07 $‎ 213.84 -2.39%
    BlueWolf TTD Long $269.18 $‎ 256.63 -4.66%
    Wifwif NVCR Long $81.46 $‎ 73.18 -10.16%
    S&P SPY Long $321.73 $‎ 282.89 -12.07%
    Dow DIA Long $282.42 $‎ 237.83 -15.79%