Quantcast
I have 22 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)

Thread: Wild-Assed 2

Default Wild-Assed 2

About January 2 I bought PGX, PFF, JDD and BDJ after each hit or came close to hitting 5 year lows due to interest rate rises resulting from Fed actions and remarks. Interest rates have now come down substantially but it seems the rate reductions in the past week had relatively little additional effect on the above named issues. Accordingly I sold half of each today figuring rates mayhap will not continue to fall sharply from here and in any case the stocks weren't really responding.

nice job Louetta. way to get back on the horse
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    nice job Louetta. way to get back on the horse
    Always like to be on top.

Don't quite understand why payment stocks like SQ, STNE and PAGS, to a lesser extent, get clobbered on days like this.

At some point HSBC with plenty of earnings to cover the now 6.75% dividend becomes a good buy despite Brexit worries.

Bought some Jan 17, 2020 calls on TLRA. Motley Fool is pushing it as an alternative to TTD. I'm not a big Fool fan but their influence plus increasing revenues might give the stock a push.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apos-...110100108.html

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    Bought some Jan 17, 2020 calls on TLRA. Motley Fool is pushing it as an alternative to TTD. I'm not a big Fool fan but their influence plus increasing revenues might give the stock a push.
    I like Motley Fool, but you have to careful about which analysts you follow. Iím not familiar with the fellow who wrote this article, Daniel Sparks. If Tom or especially David Gardner (the founders) recommend something, I take notice. David Gardnerís track record is incredible. Aaron Bush, Karl Thiel, and Tim Beyers are all also very good analysts. Abi Malin is one of their younger analysts and seems very sharp too.

As for TLRA, their revenue stream seems to be ramping up nicely, although it does seem to be seasonal. The thing that would worry me a little about TLRA is their chart. Even though they had a nice beat just a few days ago, the stock price didnít react well. It has been creeping up since March, though, so with next earnings not until November and barring any bad news events, it plausible that share price should continue to creep upwards. If the market regains its upwards momentum, I could easily see a 10%-20% gain in this stock over the next several months.

Good luck with it, Louetta.

About January 2 I bought PGX, PFF, JDD and BDJ after each hit or came close to hitting 5 year lows due to interest rate rises resulting from Fed actions and remarks. Interest rates have now come down substantially but it seems the rate reductions in the past week had relatively little additional effect on the above named issues. Accordingly I sold half of each today figuring rates mayhap will not continue to fall sharply from here and in any case the stocks weren't really responding.
    Above from 8-9-19. Sold the rest of these. They are down again today. They should go up as rates go lower but then again 3 of my 7 preferreds are down today and the other 4 haven't traded (not unusual). Mayhap people fear the banks will get in trouble as most of these are issued by banks. Anyway, I have plenty of cash if I can figure out what to buy.

I always enjoy reading the 13F from Light Street Capital. Yesterday's additions are CBLK CHWY CRWD PINS WORK SMAR SY SPOT REAL UBER. I saw nothing that interested me but obviously the folks at Light Street don't agree. Might be something there that will interest people.

Separately, Cramer spent 3-4 minutes last night saying it's time to buy RVLV. It's up 7.5% this AM. Course it's been getting clobbered recently.

Gonna sell NAVI too, in the morning. Like the others, done well since the first of the year but it looks like it's kind of rolling over and with a near 5% dividend it should be going up as rates have recently gone down. Want to raise more cash anyway.

Also selling 1/2 of LGILX and TRBCX, couple of large cap funds. Just to raise some cash.
    Last edited by Louetta; 08-20-2019 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Add mutual funds

Bought some early 2020 puts to protect positions in SAN and HSBC. This Brexit uncertainty is not helping.

Put a smidge in funds BIAWX BMGAX and FKDNX hoping to take advantage of lower prices.

Thread Information