Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
    I’m going to continue to take some time off from this thread. I’ll post an update again after the holidays.

Have a great holiday everyone!

Same to you. Take care.

Have a wonderful Holiday and a wonderful Year.

best,

Paco

Default Market sentiment for week ending January 10, 2020

I’m back! Did you miss me? ... don’t answer.

Market sentiment for week ending January 10, 2020

Short Term Bias: Bullish
    Long Term Bias: Bullish

I have included an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. The S&P and DOW are showing similar patterns at this time.

Since the little mini correction in early December, the trend has readjusted itself to a wider regression channel and continued its assault on new highs. At this point there simply aren’t any indications that the market will not remain bullish. I do fear we are in for a significant correction given the power of the current trend, but until we see signs of this, I remain bullish in both my short and long term bias.

Annotated Daily Chart for the NASDAQ:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mguzil0a6u...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

I am seeing a decent number of nice short setups going into the new week so maybe we will see some follow on selling early in the week. We’ll see. Here are some stocks I will be keeping an eye on come Monday for day trading and swing trading opportunities.
    Longs: CXO, MAXR, MBOT, NIO
    Shorts: DXC, GEO, ITCI, MOS, SBH

Good luck with your trading and investing.
    Last edited by BlueWolf; 01-05-2020 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Added title

Medium term we might fear the spectre of Trump losing the election. Still possible, methinks, if the Democrats ever figure out ordinary people are more interested in jobs than in screwing the rich. Only 37 days to the NH primary.

Also, they say the Fed is now buying more paper than when they had an announced QE program. That can't go on forever. I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    Medium term we might fear the spectre of Trump losing the election. Still possible, methinks, if the Democrats ever figure out ordinary people are more interested in jobs than in screwing the rich. Only 37 days to the NH primary.

Also, they say the Fed is now buying more paper than when they had an announced QE program. That can't go on forever. I don't think.
    No, it can’t go on forever, and our government continues to spend money like a drunken sailor. Personally, I think this is the single greatest existential threat to the USA. Unfortunately, outside of Rand Paul, I don’t see a fiscal conservative anywhere in our government. Even the CBO has warned that without serious fiscal reform, our government is running the risk of fiscal collapse over the next 15-30 years. All you have to do to see the problem is track the growth, percentage wise, of the portion of our budget spent on servicing our debt. It will soon eclipse defense spending. Of course they need to prop up the bond market. If interest rates spike up, we’re in serious trouble. The low interest rates we have been enjoying for over a decade now are enabling the irresponsible spending. Ugh. I rant, but I see this as a very serious problem that no one is addressing or covering.

Default Market sentiment for week ending January 17, 2020

Market sentiment for week ending January 17, 2020

Short Term Bias: Bullish (A little bearish on an uber short timeframe)

I have included an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. The S&P and DOW are showing similar patterns at this time.

There is nothing really new to report this week. All three indices are showing remarkable strength as they continue their relentless assault on new highs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph5wquynfz...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

I didn’t see much in the way of long day or swing trade setups this week, probably because so many stocks are extended to the upside. I am still seeing quite a few short setups, but these need to be played with the tide. Here are a few stocks I will be watching at the start of the week.
    Longs: BYND
    Shorts: AMRN, BWA, SMPL

Last edited by BlueWolf; 01-19-2020 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Corrected date

Default Market sentiment for week ending January 24, 2020

Market sentiment for week ending January 24, 2020

Short Term Bias: Bullish

The continued strength of the market continues to amaze me, and there simply aren’t any signs things are slowing down. There will be a correction, and it will be brutal, but until I see signs, I am just going to continue to ride the wave of bullishness that is lifting the market and trade into strength.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xehgd9ceaj...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

I was hoping I would see more short setups so I would be prepared to ride any sort of pullback, but they just weren’t there. I did find a number of long setups I liked. They are mostly strong stocks, but I like trading strong stocks into a strong market. Here are the stocks I will be watching at the start of the week for day and swing trading opportunities.
    Longs: ATVI, CCXI, FRPT, KRTX, MAXR, MBOT, QGEN
    Shorts: CVNA

Last edited by BlueWolf; 01-19-2020 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added title

Default Market sentiment for week ending January 31, 2020

Market sentiment for week ending January 31, 2020

Short Term Bias: Neutral

I have included an annotated daily chart for the Dow this week instead of the NASDAQ because I wanted volume bars. The NASDAQ and S&P are showing similar patterns to the Dow at this time.

We had a little bit of a down week that ended with a bearish engulfing bar on Friday. Overall, I don’t see anything to undermine my bullish bias for the long term yet, but Friday’s bar has me a little cautious for the short term, hence my neutral bias. Volume also spiked on Friday as investors sold hard into Coronavirus news, creating a little bit of panic selling. This underscore my belief that, behind the bullish face the market has on right now, investors are jittery and ready to sell into any bad news. One bright spot to take away from Friday’s bar is the bottoming tail, which tells me that the bulls aren’t exactly running for cover. They are still buying into dips, so we will have to see if there is any bearish follow through. While I remain bullish for the longer term, I have to admit being a little wary about the market correcting hard and fast given the proper triggers.

Annotated Daily Chart for the Dow:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq07efg70b...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

After a week like this last one, I would expect to see a lot more short than long setups, and indeed I did. I’m not loving most of these setups, but here are some stocks I will be watching for day and swing trading opportunities to start the week.
    Longs: CNSL, OLLI
    Shorts: CGC*, DFS, DXC, GBT, RUBI, SAGE

*- On My brokers hard to borrow (HB) list.

Last edited by BlueWolf; Yesterday at 11:16 PM. Reason: Correct grammatical error

Thread Information