Quantcast
I have 23 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Only 1 more to the A/D-Line = Joe Duarte Money Options: "The New York Stock Exchange Advance Decline line (NYAD) remains the most accurate predictor of the price trend for U.S. stocks since the 2016 election."

Default Market sentiment for week ending November 22, 2019

Market sentiment for week ending November 22, 2019

Short Term Bias: Bullish
    Long Term Bias: Bullish

I have included an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. The S&P and DOW are showing similar patterns at this time.

After consolidating for over a week, the market finally broke out to the upside on Friday after some encouraging news regarding a trade deal with China. The bar on Friday was strong and closed near the the HOD. For that reason, my short time bias remains bullish.

Regarding a trade deal, if a deal with China is signed, it will very likely provide the market with a lot of fuel to continue its upward climb. That and some good earnings have me convinced that the market still has a lot of life in it, and my long term bias is therefore bullish.

Annotated Daily Chart for the NASDAQ:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lesskk2qhl...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Once again, I’m not loving the setups, but here are some stocks I will be watching at the start of the week for day/swing trading opportunities.
    Longs: BE, DXC, INSM, MRNA, PGNY, RLGY
    Shorts: MAT, RUTH, VOD

Good luck with your trading and investing.
    Last edited by BlueWolf; 11-17-2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Added title

Default Market sentiment for week ending November 29, 2019

Market sentiment for week ending November 29, 2019

I have included an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. The S&P and DOW are showing similar patterns at this time.

I don’t have a whole lot to say this week as the market action was pretty neutral. After gapping up at the end of the previous week, the market spent this week pausing for a consolidation. Bottoming tails on every bar seem to indicate that the bulls are still trying push the indices higher, and, for that reason, my short term bias remains bullish. There wasn’t any data this week that would alter my long term bias, which also remains bullish.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/747c7nc8kq...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

I’m still not seeing a lot of juicy short term trading setups. I did have a couple of hits last week, and I’m hoping for a few more this week, but they may come later in the week. Here are some stocks I will be watching at the start of the week for day/swing trading opportunities.
    Longs: ATNX, CLDR, FSLY
    Shorts: HES, JACK, LCI

Last edited by BlueWolf; 11-24-2019 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added title

Default Market sentiment for week ending December 6, 2019

Market sentiment for week ending December 6, 2019

All three indices are showing considerable bullish strength, trading in tight regression channels with extremely low volatility. In fact, volatility hasn’t been this low for this long since before last year’s October-December correction. There’s probably a lesson to be learned there in that when this bullish market does correct, it will likely correct hard. The regression channel can help warn us about that, as breaking regression channel boundaries is usually a strong indication of a trend change. We therefore need to be wary should the price penetrate the lower channel boundary. I usually like to see a bar form completely outside of the channel, i.e. a bar that opens and closes outside the channel, for confirmation. Until that happens, all signs are bullish for both the short and long term.

As for recession fears, I know many pundits are still making noise about an imminent recession. I certainly think it’s a good idea to be wary, but personally, I still don’t think a recession is on the immediate horizon. I am therefore going to continue to take advantage of market bullishness as long as I can, trying to discern the difference between the temporary corrections that are bound to come and the big kahuna that indicates the starts of a truly long term, recession-driven bear market.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rfixkf59b...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

As a result of all the bullishness, I am seeing far more bullish setups than short setups. There are quite a few bullish basing patterns right now. Here are some of the stocks I will be watching at the start of the week for day/swing trading opportunities.
    Longs: ARNC, BERY, CNC, DXC, I*, MASI, NOW, STT, VMV
    Shorts: LCI, MUR

*-The setup for I is not based on a chart pattern, but rather on fundamentals and recent news. I am expecting a bounce in this stock at some point. Should you trade this stock, do it with caution and look for confirmation, i.e. taking out a prior bar’s high or breaking out from a regression channel, before entering, and use a tight stop.

Last edited by BlueWolf; 12-01-2019 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added title

Do I need to say it? The trend is broken. I’ll post a mid week update later.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
    Do I need to say it? The trend is broken. I’ll post a mid week update later.

My little tracking thing for your stocks shows them up a tad for the day, despite the general carnage, led by stuff like TTD, SHOP, ROKU ... Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    My little tracking thing for your stocks shows them up a tad for the day, despite the general carnage, led by stuff like TTD, SHOP, ROKU ... Interesting.
    I took beating yesterday and a lot of my profits eroded. They have indeed help up well today, though. I believe in these companies and their growth stories and I am willing to ride out some market volatility with them, but if things take a truly nasty turn for the worse, I won’t hesitate to go to cash. Right now, I am just trying to build up enough of a profit buffer to give me some maneuvering room. The real problem here is going to be determining when the big correction, and it’s inevitable that there will be a big one, starts. Once it does, I will need to start exploring other ways to get good returns because it’s very difficult to get decent returns on equities during a recession. I’m certainly not afraid to short, but as I explained in a previous post, any gains from shorting are limited simply because of the math, and I want that 10% per year (minimum).

Thread Information