Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wifwif View Post
    Dear BlueWolf,
    thank you very much for your great and informative Market Sentiment postings. Always great to read!
    I used last weeks' upward movement to sell the rest of my remaining equities (I haven't sold already before). So since last week I am completely into cash.
    Unfortunately I think the recovery from Corona COVID-19 will take much longer than most people think...
    Thank you very much again!
    Best regards
    wifwif
    i think you are right, wifwif. I am very tempted to start selling myself, and if we get a little better bounce, I probably will and then just short term trade. Good luck.

Default Market sentiment for week ending April 10, 2020

Market sentiment for week ending April 10, 2020

Short Term Bias: Bearish
    Long Term Bias: Bearish

I have included an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. I have not included charts for the Dow or S&P, which are similar to the NASDAQ.

As I feared last week, the indices rolled over at the 38.2% Fibonacci retrace level, which is a very bearish bounce. For this reason, my long term bias remains bearish. Friday’s bar also suggested more bearishness to come. For this reason, my short term bias is bearish. Barring any market lifting news, it is my opinion that the indices will take out their prior pivot low. I just don’t see anything in the tea leaves right now to suggest that the market is heading higher.

Annotated Daily Chart for the NASDAQ:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/saqzroq7xq...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

I found quite a few long and short setups this weeks, although not many of them were high quality, particularly the long setups. Here are some stocks I will be watching for long and short day/swing trades to start the week:
    Longs: APT, ARNC, CME, FTAI
    Shorts: APTV, FEYE, FLEX, GPC, KAR, LPLA, NVST, ROST, TJX

Good luck with your trading and investing, and join me in continuing to send healing thoughts and prayers to those affected by the Coronavirus.

Last edited by BlueWolf; 04-05-2020 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Added Title

Happy Birthday, BlueWolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    Happy Birthday, BlueWolf.
    Thank you, Louetta!

Yes, a Happy Birthday to you, and here's to many, many more!

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    Yes, a Happy Birthday to you, and here's to many, many more!
    Thanks, jiesen.

Default Market sentiment for week ending April 17, 2020

Market sentiment for week ending April 17, 2020

Short Term Bias: Slightly Bearish
    Long Term Bias: Neutral

I have included an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. I have not included charts for the Dow or S&P, which are similar to the NASDAQ.

Well, the market, just to spite me, gapped up on Monday dispelling any notion that it would make a new pivot low in the immediate future. In fact, by gapping up, the market created both an island bottom and a higher pivot low. The higher pivot low provided enough to form an uptrend and establish a regression channel. This regression will provide a metric by which we can tell if the bullishness remains intact. For this reason, my long term bias has changed to neutral while I watch to see how far this uptrend might take us. On a cautious, the NASDAQ, as well as the other indices, formed a doji (basically a pause) on Friday near the top boundary of the regression channel. For this reason, a little pullback wouldn’t surprise me at this point and my short term bias is slightly bearish.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0c9pjbhd90...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Coming off last week’s bounce, I saw quite a few long setups, but as we have seen before, these bounces don’t always follow through and the market could easily reverse from here. I have to go with the flow, though, and last week’s flow was decidedly bullish, so most of my setups are bullish. Here are some stocks I will be watching for long and short day/swing trades to start the week:
    Longs: ACGL, CME, DAR, FMBI, IRT, KNOP, RVLV, SIVB, TFC, TSLA
    Shorts: BJ, NET

Good luck with your trading and investing, and join me in continuing to send healing thoughts and prayers to those affected by the Coronavirus.
    Last edited by BlueWolf; 04-11-2020 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added title

Default Market sentiment for week ending April 24, 2020

Market sentiment for week ending April 24, 2020

Short Term Bias: Neutral
    Long Term Bias: Bullish

This week the market emphatically demonstrated its bullish intentions and reinforced its uptrend. The indices all sit at an important inflection point now, the 61.8% Fibonacci retrace off the March 23 bottom. If the indices push past this inflection point, we will probably be looking at a recovery similar to the ones after the Oct, 2018 and May, 2018 corrections, in which the market eventually made new highs. In anticipation of this, my long term sentiment is now bullish again. There will be pullbacks, off course, but as long as they stay within regression channel boundaries, the uptrend will remain intact. Currently the indices are hovering around the upper boundary of their regression channels, which often indicates that some sort of pullback is coming, but Friday’s action demonstrated that the bulls are still buying. For those reasons, my short term bias is neutral.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8cv3uif8e...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

This weekend, I found quite a few long setups after last weeks bullish action and very little in the way of short setups that I liked - This probably means the market will jink down on Monday Here are the stocks I will be watching for long and short day/swing trades to start the week:
    Longs: ALGN, CME, DGX, ESTC, HCA, KPTI, RVLV, ZBH
    Shorts: PTON

Last edited by BlueWolf; 04-19-2020 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Added title

Default Market sentiment for week ending May 1, 2020

Market sentiment for week ending May 1, 2020

Short Term Bias: Bullish
    Long Term Bias: Bullish

I have included an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. I have not included charts for the Dow or S&P even though are both slightly divergent from the NASDAQ. The Dow has only retraced to the 50% Fibonacci level as opposed to the 61.8% level of both the NASDAQ and S&P. Additionally, both the Dow and S&P sit near the lower boundary of their regression channels whereas the NASDAQ sits in the middle. These divergences, IMHO, are not yet significant enough yet to warrant a separate analysis, but I will keep an eye on them.

The NASDAQ bounced off a key inflection point this, pulling back from the 61.8% Fibonacci retrace level and from the upper boundary of its regression channel. This could have been the start of a rollover, but after recoiling early in the week, all three indices started a climb back up on Wednesday, finishing the week with bullish bars and closing only slightly down from the highs of the previous week. This doesn’t look to me like behavior I would expect in a bearish rollover. The key takeaway is that all three indices remain inside their uptrend regression channels, and for this reason my long term bias remains bullish. Since the indices are now hovering either near the bottom or middle of these channels, and given Friday’s bullish bars, my short term bias is also bullish. I admit that it could just be wishful thinking, but I am expecting continued upside next week. We’ll have to keep a close eye on the indices, though, because movement to the downside from here could break the uptrend and signal a return to bearishness, i.e., we were at the maximum extent of a bearish retrace after all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvvx08q1mh...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

I found quite a few long setups again to start the week and very few sweet short setups. Just like last week, this could mean that the market will drop on Monday, and I will be woefully unprepared to short going into the new week. Here are the stocks I will be watching for long and short day/swing trades to start the week:
    Longs: AMRN, CIEN, FB, G, LYFT, NUVA, PINS, RH, SIVB
    Shorts: IRM, LLNW, TAL

Last edited by BlueWolf; 05-03-2020 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Fixed Data

Default Market sentiment for week ending May 8, 2020

Market sentiment for week ending May 8, 2020

Short Term Bias: Bearish
    Long Term Bias: Bearish

I have included an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ and for the S&P. I have not included a chart for the Dow as it is similar to the S&P.

The key word this week is “divergence.” There is a significant divergence between the NASDAQ and the S&P/Dow. Technically speaking, the NASDAQ is still in a bullish state, having crept through the 61.8% Fibonacci retrace level off the March low and staying within the regression channel of its uptrend. Both the S&P and Dow, however, failed to penetrate the 61.8% retrace level, and broke out through the lower boundary of their regression channels. The S&P, in the most bearish state, formed a bar completely outside of the regression channel, which usually portends a trend change. Right now, I am leaning towards believing the bearishness of the S&P and Dow charts. Friday’s bar on the NASDAQ reinforces this a little even though it did not penetrate the regression channel boundary. For these reasons, both my short and long term bias is now bearish, and I am expecting the market to go into a period of volatility during which buy and hold positions are likely to be rocked around pretty good. I could be wrong about all this as I am anticipating in a big way, but I am heading into next week with bearish expectations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nb2i1b8ima...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Annotated Daily Chart for the S&P:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwh2k0jk21...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Here are the stocks I will be watching for long and short day/swing trades to start the week:
    Longs: DAVA, ETSY, ZM,
    Shorts: AAXN, BZUN, MTCH, WIX, ZNGA

Last edited by BlueWolf; 05-03-2020 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Added Title

Thread Information