Quantcast
I have 84 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Trivia Time

Default A: what inspired the Rolling Stones tongue logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
    I think it’s fair to say that nobody is going to get the used heart valve.
    While Mick's heart valve will probably end up in the Rock and roll Hall of Fame, in answer to Who/what inspired the Rolling Stones' tongue logo;

Jagger's inspiration was to find an artist to base the logo on the Hindu Goddess Kali - who is depicted with her tongue sticking out of her mouth. If you Google Kali images you will see the tongue everywhere. In some depictions the tongue more resembles Gene Simmon's from Kiss, but it was from there that a young college art student, took Jagger's image of Kali, along with Jagger's own mouth and came up with the logo that has and will endure forever.

The artist was paid about 50 pounds (about $77 USD) to draw the logo. Now that is some ROI!

OK, here’s a somewhat easier one that does still require a solid knowledge of history.

How many US states were admitted to the union during the twentieth century?

OK, here’s a somewhat easier one that does still require a solid knowledge of history.

How many US states were admitted to the union during the twentieth century?
    I know three. Alaska and Hawaii, natch, and Oklahoma. I remember Oklahoma because I always thought it was weird that something that is right smack dab in the middle of the country was one of the last to be admitted. It's a red state, though, so it's OK.
    Last edited by Louetta; 04-11-2019 at 03:45 PM.

You are correct about the three, Louetta, but there are more.

You are correct about the three, Louetta, but there are more.
    New Mexico and Arizona were both admitted to the union in 1912.

What do I win?

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    New Mexico and Arizona were both admitted to the union in 1912.

What do I win?
    Nothing. I win. I got three and you got two. Oh. It's not up to me.
    Last edited by Louetta; 04-12-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Alaska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona. I beat, smell my feet!

-------------billy

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post

-------------billy
    I've never really been into feet. I mean I'm not judging or anything. Like I'm into garters (on me, that is) but not everybody is and it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    Nothing. I win. I got three and you got two. Oh. It's not up to me.
    I have taken this to the judges panel, and after much careful deliberation, they have decided to award first prize to jiesen with a special “stellar effort” award to Louetta.

Jiesen, you will receive the amazing Spishak Invisible Book Cover. This amazing product (patent pending) was developed after years of research at the Spishak science center, including the loss of two prototypes, which, after being dropped, could not be found. It comes in one uni-size that incredibly fits any size book.

Louetta, for your stellar effort you will receive a one years supply of unfiltered sunlight. You may can choose from our northern or southern Hemisphere packages, and the light will be delivered into the airspace above your current location*.

Congratulations to you both on your truly awesome skills.

*-only available in daylight deliveries.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post
    -------------billy
    Bill,
    After careful consideration, the judges have decided that for explicitly stating all of the states in one post, you win the “Stating the Obvious” award. Your prize is one bottle of Spishak water pressure improving powder. Simply flush the contents of the bottle down your toilet, and your water pressure will be boosted* at least 0.01% or your money back. Congratulations for your insightful answer.

*-Multiple water pressure measurements on multiple days may be required before any improvement can be confirmed.

Thread Information