Quantcast
I have 84 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Trivia Time

OK you ringers. Here’s a little tougher one.

What literary work inspired the Beatles’ song “Tomorrow Never Knows?”

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post

Interesting. I don't know the answer but the idea that the song was inspired by a work of literature supports the idea (methinks) that the song is about meditation and not drugs.

This one is right up my tiedyed alley!

"Turn off your mind, relax, float downstream" was taken from LSD explorer Timothy Leary, whom along with a few other fellow 'travelers' wrote The Psychedelic Experience.
    John Lennon got his hands on the book along with some LSD and the Beatles Revolver Album is just the start of the Beatles psychedelic experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by tiedyed1 View Post
    "Turn off your mind, relax, float downstream" was taken from LSD explorer Timothy Leary, whom along with a few other fellow 'travelers' wrote The Psychedelic Experience.
    Well, I have to give you credit for that although the answer I was looking for was “The Tibetan Book of the Dead.” Turns out that the full name of “The Psychedelic Experience” is “The Psychedelic Experience: A Manual Based on The Tibetan Book of the Dead.” So both answers are correct. Man, I can’t get one by you guys. Tiedyed, for your correct answer you have won a 5 minute supply of Sharpie ink, which you must scrape off your certificate when it arrives.

As a hobby I collect original psychedelic concert posters from the 60's; that and doing Grateful Dead tours since the 70's provided me a counterculture education that made your question second nature to me.

The certificate ink should be on blotter paper and I will just eat it...lol.

OK, I think this may be a tough one:

Who/what inspired the Rolling Stones' tongue logo?

(the winner receives Mick Jagger's old heart valve after he gets the new one this month)

Nope, not a Pioneer probe. I don’t remember the Enterprise ever almost colliding with a Pioneer probe, but the Klingons did destroy Pioneer 10 as target practice in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. In Star Trek The Motion Picture, a sentient Voyager 6 space probe was the antagonist.
    Oops. It WAS Voyager I was remembering, NOT Pioneer. It took a while to identify its radio signal. It was something like "VeeGee…".

Quote Originally Posted by riverbabe View Post
    Oops. It WAS Voyager I was remembering, NOT Pioneer. It took a while to identify its radio signal. It was something like "VeeGee…".
    it was called 'V-ger', because the name had worn off somewhat from the side of the probe.

Quote Originally Posted by tiedyed1 View Post
    Who/what inspired the Rolling Stones' tongue logo?
    (the winner receives Mick Jagger's old heart valve after he gets the new one this month)
    I think it’s fair to say that nobody is going to get the used heart valve.

I think it’s fair to say that nobody is going to get the used heart valve.
    Nobody got Alice Blue Gown either. Except Riverbabe but that was kind of a gift.

Thread Information