Quantcast
I have 84 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5678910 ... LastLast

Sentiment for the week ending 1/18/19
    Short term bias: Bullish
    Long term bias: Bullish

I have attached an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. The S&P and Dow are showing similar patterns. Well, I may be jumping the gun here and I have to be careful about confusing what I want to happen with what will happen, but I’m fully bullish right now. It just a couple of bars in the index, but I like the apparent sideways consolidation that is forming. If it continues, it will finally represent a breaking of the downtrend. We might just start a new downtrend from there, but I don’t think so (This is where the wishful thinking probably comes in). We’ll just have to wait and see. In my experience, it’s OK to be optimistic, you just can’t be married to that optimism. If the market rolls over when you’re expecting it to rise, you can’t play the denial game. You have to acquiesce to the market because the market is always right. Oh well, I’m still going to root for sunshine tomorrow. 🙂

Annotated Daily Chart for NASDAQ:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/l30k6nbnwi...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

I have a pretty good list of stocks I will be watching at the start of the week as day trading candidates. Most of these are long bounce plays off of bottoming patterns. Last week was a terrible week for day trading. I find that sideways moves make for the toughest day trading. Hopefully the inter day trends will be more distinct this week.

Long: AXGN, BUD, NEXA, NKTR, PRGO, PYX, THC, UGAZ, UNFI
    Short: AMEH*, IRBT, LTS, YRIV*

* - On the hard to borrow list at my brokers

Sentiment for the week ending 1/25/19
    Short term bias: Neutral

I have attached an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. The S&P and Dow are showing similar patterns. As the chart shows there can no longer be any question that the trend has changed. Technically, however, since we have not made higher pivot highs or lows, we are still in bear market. I was sort of expecting a sideways consolidation following the big bounce, but instead the market has continued its upward momentum, albeit at a slower ascension rate. The market is getting pretty extended from its 20 day moving average, however, so I am expecting some sort of rollover or sideways move at this point so the market can process its gains. For this reason, my short term sentiment is neutral. If it rolls over, the key to confirming a bullish trend will making a higher pivot low. If it even looks like it is going to test the prior pivot low around 6190, the bulls could be in some real trouble. I just don’t think it will, hence my long term sentiment remains bullish for a second week.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/datkx72at4...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

I’m a little hesitant to be too aggressive about trading bullishly early in the week, but as always, I will ride the trend. Here are some stocks I will be watching at the start of the week for daytrading opportunities:

Long (Mostly bounce plays): ADNT, AQUA, BILI, CDEV, CWEN, FLR, SFIX, UA
    Short: APHA, CL, LGND, IRBT, SIX, VRSN, YRIV*

* - Hard to Borrow

Mid week update: The market started to roll today and it was broad-based. I am expecting a continuation tomorrow as this is the rollback I was expecting. The key here, for maintaining any degree of bullishness, is that this rollback is limited and the NASDAQ pivots long before it re-tests that 6200 low. If it looks like the market works up to crashing speed again, I might just sell or thin my positions and buy them back later. I’m not going to sit through another big leg down.

Midweek Update
    Short term bias: Neutral

I have attached an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. The S&P and Dow are showing similar patterns, although they are a tad more bulish. I was expecting a bigger move to the downside today, but after fading early gains, the market bounced back yet again for a slight gain on the day. I am finding it hard to day trade this environment. The daytrade setups are just not there for me and I am having a hard time figuring out the hour-to-hour momentum in this kinky market. My short term bias is therefore neutral. Long term, I am still bullish, but I have to admit there is some wishful thinking still in that bias as I haven’t yet seen confirmation of a bullish trend, just a big bargain hunter bounce. At this point, I would love to see a sideways consolidation or maybe even a cup and handle form on the daily. Alternatively, we could roll over and then pivot to the upside way before re-testing the recent lows. Either would be very bullish. On another note, I have seen a lot of rotation in the markets. In particular, I have seen money rotating out of the energy sector and into the financial sector. I think part of that is a hedge against rising interest rates. More of this unfolding drama over the weekend.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p37mc0r87r...%20PM.jpg?dl=0
    Last edited by BlueWolf; 01-24-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Nice to see the semis making a move today (SMH up over 5%). Seems as if this is a building block of the high tech economy we can't do without.

AMAT and LRCX had nice breakouts today.

Oop! I forgot to post my weekly sentiment yesterday. A new baby granddaughter and a bad back have been occupying my time. I will post my sentiment after the close today.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
    Oop! I forgot to post my weekly sentiment yesterday. A new baby granddaughter and a bad back have been occupying my time. I will post my sentiment after the close today.
    Congratulations on the granddaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    Congratulations on the granddaughter.
    Thank you, Louetta. I am pretty excited about it all.

Sentiment for the week ending 2/1/2019
    Short term bias: Bullish0

I have attached an annotated daily chart for the NASDAQ. The S&P and Dow are showing similar patterns. I really like the consolidation I am seeing on the daily. It portends more bullish things to come, IMHO. I know it is making my short term sentiment buillish as opposed to neutral. My long term sentiment remains unchanged, although I am still waiting for confirmation of a longer term bullish trend. As soon as I see it, or as soon as I see something that indicates the bulls have run their course, I will post something. In the meantime, always look on the bright side of life

Annotated Daily Chart for the NASDAQ:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vhofkevo3...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

As for stocks I am watching for the beginning of the week, I am a day late, but I have a new list for tommorrow which includes the following:

Long: AAL, ABCB, BILI, CLVS, COMM, CVNA, KL, PBYI, ROKU, SFIX
    Short: EAF

I will probably turn up more short picks as the day progresses if the market rolls, but right now I am seeing a lot of long candidates for my short term (i.e., scalping and day trading) style.

Thread Information