Quantcast
I have 21 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 ... LastLast

Sentiment for the week ending 4/5/19
    Short term bias: Bullish
    Long term bias: Bullish

I have attached annotated daily charts for the NASDAQ and DOW. The S&P is not significantly different from the NASDAQ to warrant a separate discussion. The divergence between the NASDAQ/S&P and DOW continues, with an interesting twist added this week. Last week I mentioned that, unlike the NASDAQ and S&P, the DOW had formed a lower pivot high on the daily. Well this week, the DOW formed a higher pivot low on the daily, thereby creating a symmetrical triangle pattern. This is not as bullish as the patterns on the NASDAQ and S&P, but, in of itself, is not a bearish pattern and can be considered a form of consolidation. If the triangle bounds are violated, it is usually a good indicator of future trend direction. For now, I am just going to just take a wait and see approach with the DOW. In another area of divergence, that I should have pointed out last week, the DOW has formed a golden cross, i.e. a cross of the 50 day MA to the upside of the 200 day MA, whereas the NASDAQ and S&P have not. The S&P is very close and could form a golden cross as early as Monday, but the NASDAQ is, at best, several days away. This represents a bullish divergence of the DOW from the NASDAQ and S&P. When taken together, these two divergences make the tea leaves a little harder to read, but since the NASDAQ and S&P have not broken their (sloppy) regression channels and look like they are bouncing to the upside, my short sentiment has changed back to bullish. Longer term, I don’t see any changes significant enough to warrant a change from my bullish bias, especially with all three indices getting ready to form golden crosses.

Annotated Daily Chart for NASADQ:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pf95ngisv...%20PM.jpg?dl=0
    Annotated Daily Chart for DOW:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtqu0dz8jc...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Here are a list of stocks I will be watching at the start of the week for possible scalp/day/swing trades.
    Long: ALGN, BIIB, BILI, BZUN, CAG, CFX, CRTO, IONS, IQ, UNIT
    Short: KL, W

Good luck with your trading and investing.

Sentiment for the week ending 4/12/19
    Short term bias: Neutral/Bearish

I have attached annotated daily charts for the S&P and Dow. I chose the S&P this week because I felt that its trend was a little more well defined than the NASDAQ. The Dow had been in a bit of divergence from the NASDAQ and S&P, but is beginning to line up again with the other indices. I was able to fit a regression channel to the S&P trend, although it came at the expense of having to allow a wider downside deviation. I think this might reflect the nervousness of the markets in general, in which every downward leg gets a bit of momentum added to it by traders constantly on the verge of believing “this is the one” every time we get a correction. Still, I remain bullish for the long term, because all three indices continue to stay within channels that are bullish. In the short term, I am a little more cautious. Especially since the indices are all hovering near the top of their regression channels and since the S&P had a spinning top to close the week. I suspect that we will soon get some kind of downward leg.

Annotated Daily Chart for the S&P:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6avoltgep...%20PM.jpg?dl=0
    Annotated Daily Chart for the Dow:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/30r2a9617h...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

I don’t have a lot of good day trading setups going into the new week, but here are a few that I will be watching:
    Long: BIIB, CAG, CRSP, ENTG, EQT, SBAC, UNIT
    Short: CHGG

Good luck with your trading and investing.

Sentiment for the week ending 4/19/19
    Short term bias: Bullish

I have attached annotated daily charts for the NASDAQ. The S&P and DOW are similar, although the S&P is hovering near the top of its regression channel. I don’t have a lot to say this week, partially because I am thoroughly stressed out over some work that will be starting at my home tomorrow. I may disappear for a while because of it. Back on track, the indices crept up cautiously this week, and it looks to me like they are preparing for a run at their all time highs. My short term bias has changed back to bullish in anticipation of this, and my long term bias remains bullish.

Annotated Daily Chart for Nasdaq:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypmmdrjabu...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Not a lot of great setups, but I have a few stocks I will be watching at the start of the week for day trading opportunities.
    Long: AMH, BEST, DOW, ECA, MTDR, TEN, TUFN
    Short: DERM, FGEN, GME

Good luck in your trading and investing.

Sorry, but no update this week. In the middle of a major disruption at home. Hopefully, things will settle down enough for an update next week.

Down for another week. Should be back to normal next week.

Sorry I missed posting a market update again, but I went and got pretty sick so I am nowhere approaching full strength. Hope the market and your investments are treating you well in my absense.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
    sorry i missed posting a market update again, but i went and got pretty sick so i am nowhere approaching full strength. Hope the market and your investments are treating you well in my absence.
    hope you feel better soon!

Take care of yourself.

I’m back!

** crickets **

Sentiment for the week ending 5/17/19
    Short term bias: Neutral
    Long term bias: Neutral

I have attached annotated daily charts for the NASDAQ and DOW. The S&P is similar to the NASDAQ, so I have not included it here. All of the indices have broken down out of their regression channels. Where we head from here remains to be seen. One one hand, there are bottoming tails in the most recent bars of every index. On the other hand, we don’t know how deep this correction is headed, and on the DOW, the correction is dangerously close to taking out its prior pivot low. This, of course, would suggest a trend change rather than a simple correction. The DOW, however, is still divergent with the other indices. Of the three major indices, it is the only one that did not recently make a new all time high. Honestly, it’s hard for me to read the tea leaves on all this. Perhaps it’s because the action is all likely being driven from news about the ongoing US/China trade war. As a counter to the bad news on trade, economic data continues to be stellar. This might account for the bottoming tails as buyers continue to show enthusiasm for stocks with the economy humming and earnings, for the most part, continuing to come in strong. In any event, I’m going to need more data before I get a good feel for the latest trend so I have a neutral bias both for the short and long term. Sorry to return with a fizz.

Annotated Daily Chart for NASDAQ:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/us2djmuzhc...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Annotated Daily Chart for DOW:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x78tgciuqw...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

I have a few stocks I will be watching for day trades to start the week:
    Long: CTRE, ENPH, SE, ZM
    Short: FSCT, HEXO, TGTX, UBNT

Good luck with all your trading and investing, and a big Happy Mother’s Day to all you mothers out there 😉. Oh, and thanks for the well wishes. It turns out I needed them. Been a rough few weeks.

Good that you are back.

Looks like a tough start in the AM.

Thread Information