Quantcast
I have 83 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I always come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    I always come here.
    I always come here to!
    Tim -Retired Problem Solver

An email from Zack's today

About Those Privacy Notice Updates – did you see an influx of ‘privacy notice updates’ in your inbox over the past week? You’re not alone. This past week saw the EU rollout and implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation, known as the GDPR. These strict rules apply to any company that does business in the EU, even if that company does not have a physical location in Europe. The rules contain new privacy rights and data collection responsibilities and affect hundreds of thousands of companies. Hence, the slew of privacy notice updates. The rules are not insignificant in scope and penalty, either. Extreme fines for violations are possible, which could mean being penalized up to 4% of a firm's worldwide annual revenue or 20 million euro, whichever is higher.4

Quote Originally Posted by mimo_100 View Post
    An email from Zack's today

About Those Privacy Notice Updates – did you see an influx of ‘privacy notice updates’ in your inbox over the past week? You’re not alone. This past week saw the EU rollout and implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation, known as the GDPR. These strict rules apply to any company that does business in the EU, even if that company does not have a physical location in Europe. The rules contain new privacy rights and data collection responsibilities and affect hundreds of thousands of companies. Hence, the slew of privacy notice updates. The rules are not insignificant in scope and penalty, either. Extreme fines for violations are possible, which could mean being penalized up to 4% of a firm's worldwide annual revenue or 20 million euro, whichever is higher.4
    20 million euro...plus I am sure there are thousands of lawyers poring over sites just like this, looking to enact civil litigation. oy
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    20 million euro...plus I am sure there are thousands of lawyers poring over sites just like this, looking to enact civil litigation. oy

The key phrase is "...These strict rules apply to any company that does business in the EU, even if that company does not have a physical location in Europe."

Does MrMarket consider this forum "doing business"? Here is your disclaimer.

Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)

In my opinion you are sharing your hobby with whomever is interested. You do not charge anything. I can't see why GDPR would apply to you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mimo_100 View Post
    The key phrase is "...These strict rules apply to any company that does business in the EU, even if that company does not have a physical location in Europe."

Does MrMarket consider this forum "doing business"? Here is your disclaimer.

Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)

In my opinion you are sharing your hobby with whomever is interested. You do not charge anything. I can't see why GDPR would apply to you at all.
    I hope you're right. I do derive ad revenue from this site which you contribute by visiting.
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

I hope you're right. I do derive ad revenue from this site which you contribute by visiting.
    How say? Do you get more money if we visit the ad sites? 'Cuz I'll start visiting.

Money, methinks, has little to do with it. Facebook is free to users but yet they are still in trouble for sharing their data.

If you haven't considered it already, you might want to look at registering as a non-profit. As long as you put all the revenues you have back into running the site, and you're not out to make money with this message board (I'm pretty sure you do well enough not to need that) you should probably then be exempt from any rules that would apply to a for-profit business, which it sounds like is what that new GDPR rules are for. Facebook, by the way, Louetta, is very much a for-profit business... much different than what we have here I'm pretty sure.

Of course, I'm no lawyer, and I don't even play one on the internet.... so take what I said with several shakers of salt. Just some food for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    If you haven't considered it already, you might want to look at registering as a non-profit. As long as you put all the revenues you have back into running the site, and you're not out to make money with this message board (I'm pretty sure you do well enough not to need that) you should probably then be exempt from any rules that would apply to a for-profit business, which it sounds like is what that new GDPR rules are for. Facebook, by the way, Louetta, is very much a for-profit business... much different than what we have here I'm pretty sure.

Of course, I'm no lawyer, and I don't even play one on the internet.... so take what I said with several shakers of salt. Just some food for thought!
    I'm no lawyer either, but nonprofits are not exempt. Here is a quote from the link below: "Nonprofits and charitable organizations have the same obligation to abide by GDPR as any other corporation."

Reference: https://www.boardeffect.com/blog/wil...ect-nonprofit/
    Math doesn't lie, but people do.

Why don't we cease and desist with the wild assed guesses and just get on board for whatever he decides to do, which hopefully will be continuation in some form.

Thread Information