Quantcast
I have 83 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Looks like TTD based sideways and has now broken the regression channel. I only have a half position because of my Uber caution, but it look good so iím going to ride it. ICPT is also basing sideways, and looks good. Barring some even to tank the market, they should both move higher.

Other trades Iím Looking at include AMZN, CELG, CGNX, CLNE, DDD, GTLS (needs to retrace or base), NVR (still), PCG, and TWTR (missed the optimal entry). I am also managing a few other positions I was in. Most of these are short term technical, short term swing plays, but a few a fundamental plays in which Iím looking for a good technical entry.

Hit my 10% first target on TTD, I just put a trail stop on it. That will lock in about a 7.5% profit on the overall trade. I like the long term story here, so I hope it rides, but if it doesnít, Iíll sell and perhaps buy back in on another good technical pattern. Itís just the way I trade. I hate riding stocks through a draw down. I stopped out on my NUVA trade, a position iíve been in since early March. Got about 15% on that one. I donít know whatís going on with NUVA, but itís selling off today. Not enough volume to look like institutional selling. I like the long-term outlook on this one too, so I may look for another pattern to re-enter.

Wow, what a great entry for COHR today. Put a stop under the current base around 172.50 and thereís excellent risk reward, even with a modest short term target of 220. Since this is a Mr. Market pick, you could sell half at the near term target as a hedge and then let it right. Chart and fundamentals both say this could go a lot higher. Iím in.

Entered NVR today too with stop below the current base around 2950 (I always give it a little wiggle room). The risk reward is excellent if it can break out of that range.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
    Entered NVR today too with stop below the current base around 2950 (I always give it a little wiggle room). The risk reward is excellent if it can break out of that range.
    That and COHR look very interesting, gonna give 'em a try.

Good luck, Louetta. Iíll keep you posted on my positions. Just keep in mind that I am super conservative. I promise to my share my thoughts, though.

Well, NVR and COHR havenít stopped out yet, but theyíre both teasing. This is an incredibly volatile market. Even short term swing trading is difficult.

I stopped out on both. Itís a bummer, but I have to stick with the discipline. Iím still in ICPT and TTD.

Blue Wolf, I respect your discipline and technical view. May ask your technical opinion of LRCX at 192 at this time?

Took a look at LRCX. Thereís a lot in the chart, so let me tell you what I see.

1. Downward pressure: Technically, itís in a down trend on the daily because it pivoted on a lower high and because itís in a downward regression channel. Itís also sitting right on the previous low pivot and has little support beneath it if it breaks down below this area (It could easily head for the 150ís). It also formed a major red bar today (although it had a tail) on high volume after two days of buying on high volume. That has to be creating some panic selling. Finally, if you do a Fibonacci retracement on it from the February (daily) low to the March high, it retraced to the 61.8% level, which is very bearish.
    2. Upward possibilities: It is currently sitting at that prior low pivot and it is currently in an area of support, hence it could reverse from here, although I honestly think that is unlikely. The weekly chart is a little more bullish, but even that says it could (should?) retrace to the 150-170 area before resuming any up trend.

All in all, Iíd say it is in a pretty bearish pattern, but thereís no low risk entry here either for a long or a short. If I were looking to go long, Iíd wait for confirmation of a reversal which means clearing about 200 and either basing sideways or continuing up to break out of the regression channel. Even then, itís not a very pretty buying pattern. If I were looking to go short, I wait for it to bounce and than reverse off the regression channel bounds back downward. Itís definitely a far more bearish pattern than a bullish one. If youíre in it, I hope Iím wrong about it going lower. I hope that helps.

Thread Information