Quantcast
I have 80 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Hereís one Iím watching. Itís not a bullish momentum play, but it is a basing play. Thereís not a whole lot of overhead resistance, so if it hits and closes weíll, I might swing it instead of just daytrading it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mffkfqet5n...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Kind of a nasty day for the market. Not much worked for me today and the nice long setups for tomorrow are scarce. Will we see follow up to the downside tomorrow or yet another reversal day? LRCX continues to hold support, but like I said before, the more it tests that support, the weaker it gets.

Bad news today on LRCX as it broke support and then ran a little to the downside. There are no absolutes, but from a technical perspective, it now looks like it is headed lower still. A big up day in the market could lift it, but the last two days have been moderately weak. I hope Iím wrong. Hereís an updated chart.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7rb0ml4mw...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

LRCX found its new level of support today and bounced. I have attached a chart. You have to go way back on the weekly to find the next level of support, which essentially means there isnít one. Does that mean itís heading way lower? I donít think so. In fact, I think this level of support will hold. It may a drop a little more and thrash around this level for a while, but the company is too fundamentally sound to justify another major drop, IMHO. I personally think the big question now is whether it consolidates in this price range or immediately bounces, and I think that will be largely determined by the overall market. The market had been very bearish for several days now, especially with the latest round of tariff rhetoric, but I will keep this one on my watch list because of the potential for a nice bounce. I hope that helps tiedyed1.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8agkx4q76w...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

Itís time for caution again, IMHO. The NASDAQ has been a little bullish, but both the Dow and NASDAQ are testing the bottom of their current regression channel and could go either way this week. Since last week, Iím have been back to not holding anything overnight (except in my long term retirement account) even though market volatility is still pretty low. Part of the reason is because we are coming into earnings season, during which volatility is likely to increase. Right now, if I wanted to hold a stock through earnings, Iíd probably use an option straddle given all the gaps we have seen over the last few months. I included a couple of marked up charts for the Dow and NASDAQ, so you can see some of the things I am looking at.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rf65xa9xyf...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv86qymlwj...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Thread Information