Quantcast
I have 82 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Nevermind...

Missed the point entirely.
    Last edited by Louetta; 10-03-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Even a dog gets a warm piece of the sidewalk every now and then. My spidey senses proved correct and I was lucky I thinned my long term holdings when I did. Iím now 70% cash in my retirement account. I can buy back in when I think the correction is over, but we are definitely in some sort of a correction. Iíll post more in my weekly market sentiment this weekend, but the NASDAQ broke out of its regression channel with a vengeance, and the S&P also broke its channel. The Dow is still within its channel, but testing. Not sure what set all this off, but 10 year treasury notes hit their highest yield in seven years and 30 year bonds hit their highest yield in four years, all which seemed to attract the interest of investors who rotated money out of the market. I also read an article that claimed that speculators and hedge funds currently hold a record number of short positions, which doesnít surprise me given the absurd valuations that many stocks have achieved over the last two years in particular. Just be careful with your investments and trades right now.

Hereís a nice example of a short day trade that hit on one of my weekly watchers, ALRM, yesterday. Yesterday was a great day for shorts. I started the day expecting a little bit of an upward bounce, but when the futures started crashing early, I knew it was a day for shorting. Looks like we are getting a bounce today, but I am still bearishly biased.

5 Min Chart for ALRM:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvfg3th67j...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Default Market still in a correction

If you are a long swing or a buy and hold trader, I continue to recommend staying out of the market. This correction is not over and has the potential to develop into something much worse. Either trade short or sit on your cash and wait for a better day.

Thank you BlueWolf for this good recommendation. 100% agreed!

Thread Information