Quantcast
I have 24 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Default Technical Trades Anyone

Anybody interested in shorter to mid term swing plays based on charting technicals?

Default Ttd

I should have posted this sooner, but it may still be valid for an entry. Take a look at TTD. It did a gap fill then overextended and reversed yesterday (that was the buy signal). Still looks like an island bottom to me. There is some resistance above, especially at 58, but thatís still enough to give a nice 10% to 15% bounce. It was worth a play and might still be with a trailing stop above 10% with a conservative stop below todayís low and a more liberal stop somewhere around 45 (this makes risk/reward closer to 1:1). If youíre super conservative, you could sit it out and take the chance that this will fill todayís gap and look for an entry then (I always wait for a reversal before entering). No doubt yesterday was the time to enter, but the gap up today made the possibility of a sustained reversal look even better so I thought Iíd post it for what itís worth. Iíd post the chart if I could figure out how to upload a picture from iOS. If these kinds of trades interest you, let me know, and I will share more ideas. I am watching or have entered several now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
    I should have posted this sooner, but it may still be valid for an entry. Take a look at TTD. It did a gap fill then overextended and reversed yesterday (that was the buy signal). Still looks like an island bottom to me. There is some resistance above, especially at 58, but thatís still enough to give a nice 10% to 15% bounce. It was worth a play and might still be with a trailing stop above 10% with a conservative stop below todayís low and a more liberal stop somewhere around 45 (this makes risk/reward closer to 1:1). If youíre super conservative, you could sit it out and take the chance that this will fill todayís gap and look for an entry then (I always wait for a reversal before entering). No doubt yesterday was the time to enter, but the gap up today made the possibility of a sustained reversal look even better so I thought Iíd post it for what itís worth. Iíd post the chart if I could figure out how to upload a picture from iOS. If these kinds of trades interest you, let me know, and I will share more ideas. I am watching or have entered several now.
    Sounds interesting, like to see more. Nice to see original work.

Thanks. I wouldnít enter it now. It did fill Thursdayís gap, as I suspected it might. If it reverses from here, however, I think itís a good entry. You could stop out just under Wednesdayís low for a good risk/reward ratio (about 4:1 with a conservative $56 target). Itís also cheap enough to where you could hedge it with some covered calls or a put. Just an idea for technical traders. Also, the financial outlook going forward is not bad, or I wouldnít trade it long. Iím hesitant to see it as a long term hold until it clears out the overhead resistance around 58 to 60. The nice thing about an entry here, however, is that you could be sitting on a 15% gain as it heads into resistence, giving you a cushion if you do want to chance a longer term hold. Their last quarter and guidance were very good. Gotta wait for the reversal confirmation now, though. I love these kinds of setups when they happen.

Good thorough analysis.

Arriving a bit late to this one... Looks like it's retraced back to the price range before the gap up, closing at 47.68 on Friday - How does that change the play here?

This is looking like an entry here. You could wait for the bar to finish today to make sure it is signaling a reversal, but an aggressive trader could enter now especially given that it gapped up at the open today. You could stop below the prior pivot around 45.77 (always give some room), or, if you are more patient and willing to take a lower risk/reward, you could stop below the Feb pivot at 40.7.
    Last edited by BlueWolf; 04-09-2018 at 05:16 PM.

I have another one Iím watching here, ICPT. Itís a pharmaceutical, so technical training is always more risky because they are so news driven. What interests me is the huge buying that went on two days ago and the fact that it looks like itís starting to base sideways near the high of that big bar up. I think Iím going to watch it to see if it bases a little more, but thereís very little resistance above this so it could pop suddenly if thereís another wave of buying.

Ooh. Bearish engulfing bar developing on ICPT. Definitely a warning to sit on the sidelines for now.

It was a little aggressive, but I took a 1/2 position in ICPT this morning. The bearish engulfing bar from yesterday gave me pause, but the gap up today was a good sign and the spread on this thing is huge, so you have to be a little careful when interpreting the close. If it moves in my favor, I may add another 1/2 position. If it break below the base, Iím out. This market is very whippy and news driven. Thatís why itís important to be disciplined on technical trades.

Thread Information