Quantcast
I have 84 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Of all the major stocks, AMZN and AAPL have the most potential for continued high growth. There are numerous new segments that AMZN can still get into, and it is my understanding that they are gearing up to go after the medical device industry, which could add a lot of revenue to their bottom line. AAPL still hasnít scratched the surface of segments like smart TVs, home Security, and smart glasses, but the big news is that AAPL is gearing up to start building cars in the early 2020s. You know me, ever the conservative trader and investor, but in the case of AMZN and AAPL, if you donít already own them in your long term account, buying during this current pullback is definitely warranted, IMHO.

ADDENDUM: I just got through looking at long-term charts for the indices, and as much as I like AMZN and AAPL, I wouldnít recommend buying ANY stock for a hold right now. There are some scary signs in the long-term charts that I will discuss more in my weekly market sentiment post.
    Last edited by BlueWolf; 10-27-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Just bought more AMZN betting this correction at least for AMZN is about over.

------------------billy

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post
    Just bought more AMZN betting this correction at least for AMZN is about over.

------------------billy
    Nice call billy - I am thinking of adding also.
    Tim -Retired Problem Solver

Bought a little more AMZN at 1718, last batch on Oct29th was 1619. I see it as a potential lifetime hold. For kids, grandkids. Expect some splits along the way.

-----------------billy

Is anyone worried about the valuation on Amazon? By any standard it looks like a low yielding stock at current prices with current earnings. P/E of 100, forward P/E of 50, cash yield of 1.5%

Yes, the PE and FPE for Amazon are high, but Morningstar gives them a 4 star rating with a fair value of $2200, well above the stockís current value in the $1600s. The real story is growth, which is why Morningstar has given them this valuation. AMZN has grown revenue over the last five years at a CAGR of 23.8%. EPS growth has been equally as phenomenal. AMZN has also diversified from their online marketplace products, branching off into the entertainment industry with Amazon Studios and into the data center market with their highly successful AWS products. AWS is a real diamond for AMZN, and a strong driver of growth. Overall the growth story is very solid for AMZN, and they have enough cash on hand to make entries into even more markets, such as the rumored entry into the medical instruments market. I donít think theyíre overvalued, but, of course, in a bear market everything is overvalued.

I don't think Amazon studios can crank out high quality products fast enough. I'm having trouble finding things to watch on Prime. Also, there is a video of Cramer talking about Amazon's entrance into the dental products sector, putting great pressure on PDCO and HSIC . Death Star : https://finance.yahoo.com/video/cram...160300573.html

-------------------billy

Every time I think it is too expensive at over a thousand a pop it keeps going up. The diversification is amazing.

Per CNBC the Bezos' have settled their divorce with Jeff retaining 3/4th of his shares (12% of the company) and MacKenzie getting 1/4th (4% of the company). He will retain voting control, she will have no role in the company. Not just gossip, methinks, instead seems that the divorce will not impact the value of anyone's investment in the company.

I was slow to catch on to the AMZN idea. After becoming a believer and eventually buying in 4 separate retirement accounts, I've got gains of 11%, 83%, 133%, and 177%. One of the only non dividend paying stocks I'm holding.

---------------billy

Thread Information