Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

OZK is trading at a very low level right now under $40. I'm not sure if there is a good reason or not yet, but that's been a pretty safe buy range for this stock.
    Math doesn't lie, but people do.

I did buy a little bit of OZK yesterday at $38.40. If I liked the current market conditions I would have bought more. This was such a good price in my opinion that I had to buy some of it. If the price keeps dropping and breaks the $35 level I'd consider this trade failed and get out. Otherwise I intend to hold this through the winter and see how high it can go (with a trailing stop of course).
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 09-20-2018 at 10:54 AM. Reason: adding detail

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I did buy a little bit of OZK yesterday at $38.40. If I liked the current market conditions I would have bought more. This was such a good price in my opinion that I had to buy some of it. If the price keeps dropping and breaks the $35 level I'd consider this trade failed and get out. Otherwise I intend to hold this through the winter and see how high it can go (with a trailing stop of course).
    OZK blew way below the $35 level today. They reported some losses on loans, and some folks are criticizing their business model. The critics were short, so they got paid today.

The drop in the market in March has me looking for value buys again. Favorite is on top:

SEDG - Power, solar power! Headquartered in Isreal, these guys have almost no debt, and consistently make money. I think their stock is going above $300 at some point, so buying it now around $100 sounds good to me. This is currently the only stock I own.

OLLI - Bargains! "Ollie's Bargain Outlet", discount stores. Almost no debt, and consistently make money - notice a trend? This stock is not as discounted as SEDG, but I think it will go to $125 level.

GOOG - Not much I can say here that isn't something everyone in the world knows. Besides being Google, I think this is the best stock to own because smart people know that self-driving cars are the future of personal transportation, and this company is going to be the biggest player in that market. Again, almost no debt, and they just always make money. I think GOOG is going to be in the $1,600's.

PAYC - In Oklahoma City, these guys make software. Almost no debt and consistently making money, I think there is meat on this bone at these levels. $350 per share is what I think they'll go to.

The drop in the market in March has me looking for value buys again. Favorite is on top:

SEDG - Power, solar power! Headquartered in Isreal, these guys have almost no debt, and consistently make money. I think their stock is going above $300 at some point, so buying it now around $100 sounds good to me. This is currently the only stock I own.

OLLI - Bargains! "Ollie's Bargain Outlet", discount stores. Almost no debt, and consistently make money - notice a trend? This stock is not as discounted as SEDG, but I think it will go to $125 level.

GOOG - Not much I can say here that isn't something everyone in the world knows. Besides being Google, I think this is the best stock to own because smart people know that self-driving cars are the future of personal transportation, and this company is going to be the biggest player in that market. Again, almost no debt, and they just always make money. I think GOOG is going to be in the $1,600's.

PAYC - In Oklahoma City, these guys make software. Almost no debt and consistently making money, I think there is meat on this bone at these levels. $350 per share is what I think they'll go to.
    Thatís a good list, blindsquirrel. I think you will do well with those picks.

I did sell all of my SEDG on Monday at $119 level. This is still my favorite stock and I intend to buy back in this year, but I am also expecting at least one more correction in the market. I think I'll have a chance to buy my shares back soon for a discount.

SEDG reacting wildly to earnings. If I still owned it, this reaction would not worry me. This drop will be erased soon enough. However, I expect it is likely this (and most every other stock) still has a correction coming in the next few months. I might even sell in May and stay away...

SEDG reacting wildly to earnings. If I still owned it, this reaction would not worry me. This drop will be erased soon enough. However, I expect it is likely this (and most every other stock) still has a correction coming in the next few months. I might even sell in May and stay away...
    My gut is telling me it's gonna be a "W" not a simple "V". I am contemplating taking some green gifts this coming week. Already took more than a 100 point gain in NVDA (about 198 to 304).

Quote Originally Posted by riverbabe View Post
    My gut is telling me it's gonna be a "W" not a simple "V". I am contemplating taking some green gifts this coming week. Already took more than a 100 point gain in NVDA (about 198 to 304).
    Congrats on NVDA, that's a good trade. My coworker also has a nice winning position in NVDA that he reminds me about daily lol. He is selling this coming week when his position reaches the 366 day age.

Thread Information