Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)

View Poll Results: Should Ernie remove his time frame from his predictions per bec1's SUBTLE rantings?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 23.08%
  • No

20 76.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anonymous Guest

Default Poll time for Ernie!

Remember my beef with Ernie about his time frame (that stating an actual date and actual price that he will sell) is misleading because he does not stick to what he puts in writing (and thus the streak claim is misleading)? Let's see what people think!

Default Poll

I voted no on Ernie removing the date from which he sells. First, when he makes a buy, he indicates he will sell in 4-6 weeks at an increase of 15% or more. Sometimes he sells before 4 weeks and sometimes he sells after 6 weeks.

Remember, he does not expect you to purchase based on his research. He expects people to do their own research. I do agree it can be misleading and would be considered misleading by consumer laws if he were involved in financial advising. He is not and does not want to. His information is simply that, information. It is a guide and not absolute rules. It is for educational purposes ONLY.

Just my .02 worth.

JrInvestor

sbarclay8308 Guest

Default Why I voted the way I did...

How about " I Hope to sell within 4-6 weeks " ?? the "I WILL" is not
    real.. The portfolio would not look so good if MM was Forced (don't know
    how we would force him though.. He's a pretty big guy )
    to
    sell at 6 weeks no matter what..

Default Re: Why I voted the way I did...

Quote Originally Posted by sbarclay8308
    to

Please explain why I would want to sell a stock when I know it's going to go higher? Selling a stock at a lower price than its future price doesn't sound like an optimal money making strategy to me if I'm long.
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Default Bec's survey

No one is telling you that you have to sell or buy a stock- information is
    given to all members- the ultimate decision is the individuals- time span gives an indication of when a stock should hit the target price. It could be sooner or later- the point is not to be "married" to any stock- if you can trade in a six week target you can turn your portfolio over appx. 8.6 times a year increasing the value of your portfolio at a 10 % profit per trade to 86% for the year : at 15% profit a return of appx 130%-

sbarclay8308 Guest

Default Re: Why I voted the way I did...

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarclay8308
    to

Please explain why I would want to sell a stock when I know it's going to go higher? Selling a stock at a lower price than its future price doesn't sound like an optimal money making strategy to me if I'm long.

Please explain to me how you can say "I *will* sell in 4-6 weeks" when you don't ?

I am not advocating you selling at a loss.. Just suggesting a wording change so it sounds like what it is... a "positive prediction".. Because unless things really change.. You won't be selling your DKS or your PRX (and of course neither will I <grin&gt in the 4-6 week timeframe..

(I hope to eat my words on that.. )

I never expect all the trades to hit within 4-6 weeks, and have been pleasantly $urprised on several! The survey was "Do I think MM should you change the wording.."

I made my opinion known and BTW the part about "forcing" a sale was meant to be tongue-in-cheek...

We love you Mister Market! Keep up the great work.. YOU ARE HUGE!..

When I think that Minnesota will beat Penn State tomorrow, I tell my friends and my bookie that Minnesota will beat Penn State.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Anonymous Guest

Default Reason for poll

The idea is to make the site have even more credibility. You are not in the minor leagues anymore, Ernie! You can do of course whatever you want; it is just a humorous way ("SUBTLE rantings" as part of the question!) to have you think about the matter!

RCARTER528 Guest

Default A better question

If I knew how, I would start my own survey. Do you think Bec1 should volunteer to leave this board for 4 to 6 weeks? Here he is again flogging the same dead horse. He's out on the message boards being totally disruptive, and now here he is again rileing people up. Get a life!

Default Re: A better question

Quote Originally Posted by RCARTER528
    If I knew how, I would start my own survey. Do you think Bec1 should volunteer to leave this board for 4 to 6 weeks? Here he is again flogging the same dead horse. He's out on the message boards being totally disruptive, and now here he is again rileing people up. Get a life!
    Lest you forget that Karel is 6 hours ahead of us, dreaming of windmills in the Netherlands. When he wakes up, I'm sure he will have some work to do....LOL!

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Thread Information