Quantcast
I have 73 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)

Default Here's the proper way to exit a losing trade (without pain)

Hey everyone,

A few years ago, I was a regular poster here and many traders seemed to appreciate my educational trading strategy content.

I've been gone a while, but just published a new blog post that I think you'll enjoy.

It's about trading psychology, and focuses on the way I close losing trades.

Hope you like it: View blog post

Cheers,

Deron

It kind of reads like a pump and dump email... promising the headlined info is yet to come "read until the end!" It may have been a good article, but I hate that writing style so much that I stopped reading part-way through sorry. However, I have always wondered why successful traders feel the need to write blogs and sell newsletters. I've done blogging before for one of my businesses and it is really really hard work. If I was a successful trader I'd sure have better things to do. I've always wondered about that one....

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    It kind of reads like a pump and dump email... promising the headlined info is yet to come "read until the end!" It may have been a good article, but I hate that writing style so much that I stopped reading part-way through sorry. However, I have always wondered why successful traders feel the need to write blogs and sell newsletters. I've done blogging before for one of my businesses and it is really really hard work. If I was a successful trader I'd sure have better things to do. I've always wondered about that one....

Gosh......

This was an easy read for me. I never use stops. So, I never get stopped out. (Welcome back Deron).

My grandfather used to follow Martin Zweig religiously. Zweig always used stops. One interesting sidelight was when a stock was stopped out he dropped it from his portfolio therefore his portfolio always looked great because only the winners remained in the list. (He supposedly was very successful though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    Gosh......
    You've never wondered that?

Deron, on consideration I think we have given you enough room for publicity. You are free to continue to participate, but not to link to your site.

Regards,

Karel
    My Investopedia portfolio
    (You need to have a (free) Investopedia or Facebook login, sorry!)

I love how OP comes out with a friendly, kind-spirited post including a link to his blog that he "thinks you'll enjoy", and suddenly BANG BANG

via Imgflip Meme Generator
    Attached Images Attached Images

He can use links...as long as he clicks on ads...lol
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post
    He can use links...as long as he clicks on ads...lol
    To clarify, $$$MR. MARKET$$$ and I decided not to allow Deron links to his site.

Regards,

Karel
    My Investopedia portfolio
    (You need to have a (free) Investopedia or Facebook login, sorry!)

Thread Information