Quantcast
I have 84 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    It helps me get to cabinets I can't reach.
    I ran out of toilet paper last month. Haven't had to buy any since!

Bought a smidge. Looks good under $5. Hard to know what they'll do with the dividend but doubt they'll screw existing shareholders.

And when I was not looking, ASX split 5:4 (May 1). At least according to my brokerís statements. And they are kind enough to show me holding 25% more shares.
    My Investopedia portfolio
    (You need to have a (free) Investopedia or Facebook login, sorry!)

Bought some at 5.07. Don't see anything materially different from the initial write-up in this thread. Methinks it's down because the China market is down but I don't see they do material business on the mainland. Reasonable PE, good dividend. Zack's doesn't show earnings data.
    The above from 1-15-2016. Deja-vu all over again, methinks, except for the 5/4 split. The contre-temps with China over tariffs has, I wouldst opine, caused people to sell this (4.76 today). Think it will turn out to be a good buy again at these levels, though still haven't seen anything about the dividend since the re-org so that's a fuzzy.

ASX came out with 2nd quarter earnings today, the first since the merger or creation of the new company or whatever they call it. Actually it's one month of the old company and two of the new to make the quarter. EPS was US $.182 per share and the stock rose a tad over 9% to US $5.12.

I've seen no info about the dividend to be paid on the new shares but at US $5.12 per share a 1% dividend per quarter would, natch, be US $.0512 per share so with earnings per share of US $.182 for the quarter they would seem to have plenty of bucks to cover a nice dividend payout. One swallow does not a summer make (a metaphor, birds have nothing to do with this) so it's hard to say after one quarter but things are looking up.

ASX came out with 2nd quarter earnings today, the first since the merger or creation of the new company or whatever they call it. Actually it's one month of the old company and two of the new to make the quarter. EPS was US $.182 per share and the stock rose a tad over 9% to US $5.12.

I've seen no info about the dividend to be paid on the new shares but at US $5.12 per share a 1% dividend per quarter would, natch, be US $.0512 per share so with earnings per share of US $.182 for the quarter they would seem to have plenty of bucks to cover a nice dividend payout. One swallow does not a summer make (a metaphor, birds have nothing to do with this) so it's hard to say after one quarter but things are looking up.
    The new company is ASE TECHNOLOGY HOLDING CO LTD. I am glad things are looking up as I hold it at a cost basis of 5.8336. I enjoy watching a swallow or two on an early summer morning.
    Tim -Retired Problem Solver

hmm, ASX is about the only thing on the plus side in my portfolio on the close of trading yesterday... and 9% up is not too shabby!

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    hmm, ASX is about the only thing on the plus side in my portfolio on the close of trading yesterday... and 9% up is not too shabby!

Seems like it's on its way
    =============================

I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

- $$$MR. MARKET$$$

ASX today put out it's year end reports. They file on the SEC site, something I always like for foreign companies tho they use a different format.

Anyway, year-end EPS was $.396 per ADS.

Now in 2015, 16 and 17 they paid dividends of $.32, .25, and .23 per ADS. In 2018 they paid $.53. I'm not sure what we can say about the 2018 dividend. They paid $.36 in April right after the merger, or whatever it was. Anyway, if they revert to something in the 25 cents range the earnings should easily cover the dividend and at a closing price of $3.93 today that's a payout rate of just over 6%. Not too bad and seems safe and the stock was running near $5 til it collapsed with everything else about 10/1/18.

Thread Information