Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

I bought XBI and GLD, along with some individual stocks.

NTES ALXN REGN EA LOGI AAPL ABBV MSFT SNE

Here is the screen for this week:

EA PGR SNE ABBV WILC LOGI DG NVO CDNS NTES TER AAPL HRL REGN V MSFT DPZ VRTX

Bought more EA AAPL and MSFT, AIA EEM WMT V and ABT. 19.48% invested. Together with QQQ and GLD positions 26.29%. So finally 25% invested.

Weekend Dump: ABBV

So I was a bit strict again with the criteria for the dump. I don't want a p/e above 20. I want consistent earnings and I want some price momentum. The only stock that passed this screen was AbbVie Inc. Maybe I'll buy more and place a trailing stop loss on it.

The sentiment is getting kind of bearish. Short term trends are looking sideways - up. I'm wondering if CM, an old pick from last year is worth buying. The yield looks good at 15%. I can see where the bearish sentiment is coming from because I am a little weary after seeing the large drop then a large comeback on the chart together so quick. This creates fear of another large drop, especially after the 5% down day of a few weeks ago. In the meantime, until another 3-5% down day, the trend looks alright and I'll continue holding some positions. The trap I don't want to fall for is buying high p/e stocks and holding for the end of their rallies into somewhere with no hope for ever seeing previous highs. At least with a stock like CM it has a dividend (now 6% from last year's 4%) and earnings with a low p/e. I'm still not sure what caused the large drop. Is there something wrong with Canadian banks? The earnings look good, so I'm baffled. Maybe more people are switching to online banks? I know a few people who are going with pay apps and smaller online banks to do their banking. Is this the end for large banks? Surely people are still going to get their mortgages from larger banks, giving them income? Maybe I need to learn more about how banks work? lol.

Anyways, I don't want to stray too far away from my screen. The last time I ventured heavily on the value aspect of stock picking, I picked something that didn't make any money, something that instead lost money while it's price collapsed. So I'll try to include these higher P/E stocks while they have momentum, and I'll try to ignore those stocks that look like a good value because of previous earnings.

Higher P/E List: TSM LRCX LOGI DG VIPS NVO NTES CDNS BABA AAPL GOOGL KLAC REGN V MSFT ATVI ZTO TTWO ASML AVGO NFLX JD PYPL AMZN

selling WMT ABT ALXN REGN. Looks like a good day so far.

selling everything today on the up day. back to cash

Buying AAPL MSFT LOGI. Going to try holding these for at least a year.

Thread Information