Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Twenty Thirteen Two Baggers

I would love to see a contest where we pick two stocks to double in 2013 - If there is enough interest I would track them with quarterly, maybe monthly updates - Starting deadline Sunday January 13 at noon - duplicates allowed - I will start a new thread " Twenty Thirteen Two Baggers" if anyone is interested.

( originally posted in "Not asking for much in 2012, help wanted")

Latest Rules as of 11:36 am 1/2/13:

Picks made by noon Eastern Time, Sunday, January 13. Duplicates of other entries are allowed.

Stock price greater than 1.49 on January 13.

Winner is largest percentage increase (or decrease) based upon closing price by close of regular business hours on the NYSE December 31, 2013.

Specify if your opening transaction is LONG or SHORT. If you do not specify anything, I will assume you want to go LONG.

Latest Picks:

Phoenix7 - DDD. AEZS is my biopharma pick

Louetta - ATRS and CORT. If CORT is not above the 1.49 cutoff on 1/13 (it's at 1.41 now) then substitute ATEC.

River - Definitely VRNG. I'll also go out on a limb and say AMRN.

Lucavia123 - I like NCT and STSA.

billy - mimo, I'll go with an old one of Phoenix' ---ELLI. My 2nd pick is SHLD short.

mimo - picking Vonage (VG) for one of mine. I flipped a coin and it came up BIOL. I flipped a coin again and this time it came up SIRI. Remove BIOL.

noshadyldy - go out on limb with some speculative picks. First in [sic] ONVO. Ok. my second pick is GRPN.

mrmarket - I will pick HOV and MTLK

stocks54 - My picks are: ZIOP P
    Last edited by mimo_100; 01-13-2013 at 07:20 AM.
    Tim - Retired Problem Solver

Default MIMO Great Idea

Quote Originally Posted by mimo_100 View Post
    I would love to see a contest where we pick two stocks to double in 2013 - If there is enough interest I would track them with quarterly, maybe monthly updates - Starting deadline Sunday January 13 at noon - duplicates allowed - I will start a new thread " Twenty Thirteen Two Baggers" if anyone is interested.

( originally posted in "Not asking for much in 2012, help wanted")
    MR Market great idea .....I will be working on the 2 picks !
    P7
    MY 2 PICKS ARE DDD 3 D Printing appears to be the wave of the future!
    HOV Housing appears to have reached bottom ......and headed UP!
    Last edited by Phoenix7; 01-01-2013 at 02:09 PM.

mimo, That's going to be tough. I really doubt if anyone can pick 2 doublers but I'll try it after researching. Maybe you should specify a price range so a .001 pink sheeter isn't entered. Can we still win with a 70-95% if nobody gets a double ? I'll post my picks before the deadline. If 2013 is a great year for the market, the sky is the limit!

----------------billy

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post
    mimo, That's going to be tough. I really doubt if anyone can pick 2 doublers but I'll try it after researching. Maybe you should specify a price range so a .001 pink sheeter isn't entered. Can we still win with a 70-95% if nobody gets a double ? I'll post my picks before the deadline. If 2013 is a great year for the market, the sky is the limit!

----------------billy

Good points billy, you obviously have experience in this kind of thing.

How about this:

Stock price greater than 1.49 on January 13.

Winner is largest percentage increase based upon closing price by close of regular business hours on the NYSE December 31, 2013.

I wold love to see us put some real skin into this contest - perhaps vote on all of the stock picks and choose one - then each send in $$$$$$ to Ernie to invest in this stock- he keeps the money and any profits, if any, to go towards support of this website or whatever charity he wants.

I'd like ATRS and CORT. If CORT is not above the 1.49 cutoff on 1/13 (it's at 1.41 now) then substitute ATEC.

Default TARO will very likely be 2 bagger

http://stks.co/eH8W

The above is the thesis written by Value investor club..site pretty renowned in hedge fund circles

Definitely VRNG. Have also entered this in P7's list. Happy New Year Mimo.

I like NCT and STSA.

Quote Originally Posted by riverbabe View Post
    Definitely VRNG. Have also entered this in P7's list. Happy New Year Mimo.
    I'll also go out on a limb and say AMRN.

I am posting everyone's picks in the #1 post of this thread until January 13th.

Happy New Year River and everyone.

I completely missed the "The Sweet 16 For 2013" list in P7's thread

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/showpo...&postcount=948

For your enjoyment, here are the "The Sweet 16 For 2013", some of which may be doubles, according to P7

1. AAPl
    2. ARMH
    3. CRAY
    4. DDD
    5. GOOG
    6. HOV
    7. O
    8. PCYC
    9. PKG
    10. PM
    11. SBUX
    12. TQNT
    13 ULTA
    14. V
    15. VRNG
    16. ZIXI

and 5 stocks that doubled in 2012 according to the Fool, some of which have already been chosen for this 2013 contest.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...oubled-in.aspx
    Last edited by mimo_100; 01-02-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Thread Information