Quantcast
I have 81 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 364344454647 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post
    River,
    Kevin O'Leary, University of Waterloo?

-----------billy
    Absolutely true. He's now floating the idea of running for Prime Minister against Justin Trudeau.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3188706/ke...prime-minister (shades of Billy W.! LOL)

River,
    O'Leary can be caustic at times but he explains himself very well. As a sidenote, I always think of Justin Trudeau as Canada's Jerry Brown.

----------------billy

River,
    O'Leary can be caustic at times but he explains himself very well. As a sidenote, I always think of Justin Trudeau as Canada's Jerry Brown.

----------------billy
    But sweet Justin is so much CUTER! I still giggle remembering his mother's (Margaret's) affair with Mick Jagger.

Quote Originally Posted by riverbabe View Post
    But sweet Justin is so much CUTER! I still giggle remembering his mother's (Margaret's) affair with Mick Jagger.
    .............and Ted Kennedy, but Jerry Brown had Linda Ronstadt.

---------------billy

This bodes well for the Monsanto/Bayer merger! PM Ask on Monsanto is 113.90. Buyout priced at 128. Holding patiently!

Dow Chemical (DOW) and DuPont (DD) have received European Commission approval for their planned merger, with some divestment conditions. The deal still needs U.S. approval, but many analysts have considered Europe's approval the most difficult hurdle. (CNBC, 3/27/17)

My all time favorite women's clothing store, J. Jill (JILL) is IPOing tomorrow. Everything in those stores and online fits me to a "tee." I always find exactly what I want. Priced $14-$16. Will this be another SNAP? Going to watch this one closely but not jumping in with both feet here. Too hard to judge the market's mood right now.
    Thinking about buying here. At the low end of this quarter's guidance, $.08, annualized, if you pay in the low 5s for the stock you're still looking at a PE of only 16 or so. Plus everyone I know who shops there thinks their stuff is great.

This bodes well for the Monsanto/Bayer merger! PM Ask on Monsanto is 113.90. Buyout priced at 128. Holding patiently!

Dow Chemical (DOW) and DuPont (DD) have received European Commission approval for their planned merger, with some divestment conditions. The deal still needs U.S. approval, but many analysts have considered Europe's approval the most difficult hurdle. (CNBC, 3/27/17)
    Bayer has agreed to sell significant parts of its crop science business to rival BASF (OTCQX:BASFY) for €5.9 billion ($6.98 billion), which it says will partially finance its planned acquisition of Monsanto (NYSE:MON). Bayer (OTCPK:BAYRY) says the assets to be sold include its global glufosinate-ammonium business and related LibertyLink technology for herbicide tolerance, nearly all its field-crop seeds businesses, as well as respective R&D capabilities. The businesses included in the agreement generated about €1.3 billion in net sales in 2016. The deal is contingent upon the completion of Bayer's acquisition of Monsanto, but the takeover still faces scrutiny from European regulators.

MON hanging around 120 for quite a while now. Deal expected to close in early 2018. It had better work. I'm counting on a significant profit here!

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    Thinking about buying here. At the low end of this quarter's guidance, $.08, annualized, if you pay in the low 5s for the stock you're still looking at a PE of only 16 or so. Plus everyone I know who shops there thinks their stuff is great.
    That report yesterday was a shocker, but this stock will still be a winner. I'm also thinking of buying in here. Going to watch the one-minute chart closely today for the lowest price I can get.

https://www.zacks.com/stock/news/278...ed-q3-guidance

Louetta, I thought the P/E was closer to 6 with an industry average near 19. I'll bet it will come back to a more realistic price after the downgrade mania settles.

---------------billy

Louetta, I thought the P/E was closer to 6 with an industry average near 19. I'll bet it will come back to a more realistic price after the downgrade mania settles.

---------------billy
    I paid $4.94 a minute ago. Hard to pin down the PE with earnings kind of in flux. Company's low end GAAP guidance for this quarter is .07. Still looks like a good buy given all I hear about a loyal customer base and a sales presence outside the mall (catalog and net).

Thread Information