Quantcast
I have 21 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6774757677787980 ... LastLast

My portfolio "Laid" an egg. So sad.

-----------billy

Hepburn's rendition of Moon River is presented in anticipation of my receiving a little black dress from Santa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZHTT-6JNws

Hepburn's career and legacy soared while George Peppard end up in B grade car chase films.

-----------------billy

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    The above from 1-28-2016. Wanted to update this. I still go to Emmanuel but now I go to his house in Salisbury because he closed Town and Country Coiffures. It works out fine, I have to wash my own hair beforehand but I'd wash it anyway and he does a lot of gardening which is very interesting. Last time he was grafting apple tree cuttings onto a plum tree which I had no idea you could do.

Anyway the reason for the update is that OPK roared up 21% in June and roared up another 32% so far in July and its only the 12th. Unfortunately since I bought in with the stock at 7.72 it roared down to 2.68. Medicare refused to cover one of OPKs drugs, the bastards, and the lab OPK bought to bring in money so they wouldn't have to issue new shares started losing money. Anyway it closed today at 6.21 introducing the possibility I might get some of my money back which seemed like a pipe dream as late as Memorial Day. Anyway their new PSA test is under FDA review so maybe things will get even better.
    The above from 7-12-2018. After roaring up to $6.21 mid-summer, OPK roared down to a recent $2.53 after the Chairman and the company were charged by the SEC with manipulating penny stocks. It was never quite clear to me how a company, as opposed to an individual, can manipulate stocks but nevertheless. Tonight the Chairman has announced a settlement by which, assuming it's accurate, the Chairman has agreed to cough up $5.5 million and the company a mere $100,000 which is about the best result I could have hoped for. The stock is quoted up about $.30 overnight which will allow me to recoup about 10% of what the stock has gone down since the suit was announced. Onward.

The above from 7-12-2018. After roaring up to $6.21 mid-summer, OPK roared down to a recent $2.53 after the Chairman and the company were charged by the SEC with manipulating penny stocks. It was never quite clear to me how a company, as opposed to an individual, can manipulate stocks but nevertheless. Tonight the Chairman has announced a settlement by which, assuming it's accurate, the Chairman has agreed to cough up $5.5 million and the company a mere $100,000 which is about the best result I could have hoped for. The stock is quoted up about $.30 overnight which will allow me to recoup about 10% of what the stock has gone down since the suit was announced. Onward.
    OPKO Health (OPK-0.39%) jumped 9% in after-hours trading after the CEO said the company will pay $5.5 million to settle SEC claims the company generated millions of dollars from unlawful stock sales in long-running pump-and-dump schemes.

Here is an interesting situation. NEXCF

CEO just bot 500,000 shares at $.50 on 12/16/2018

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/39660125...-500000-shares
    Tim - Retired Problem Solver

Bought a smidge of PFF, the Ishares US Preferred stock ETF. Pays about 6.3% based on the 2018 dividends paid. It's just above a nine year low, which is not surprising as interest rates have been zilch for years so this has looked pretty good till lately. Now that the Fed is suspected of being about to pause or at least decelerate the increase in rates mayhap this will at east level off. Not looking for a real capital gain here though some of the preferreds have been attracting more interest lately. Mine have been getting crooked in recent months. We'll see.

Bought a smidge more AMZN and MSFT and started buying BST, the Blackrock Tech Fund, based on Powell's remarks which, methinks, are bullish.
    Above from 11-28-18. Bought AAPL today. Thinkin' long term on all of these.

Above from 11-28-18. Bought AAPL today. Thinkin' long term on all of these.
    I’m awfully tempted too, Louetta. Really attractive price here, but you know how cautious I am and the market is just not screaming buy to me yet. Still, as a long term investment, buying here seems like a sure thing. You still might get a little draw down, but in the long term it has tremendous upside. What is it that Warrent Buffett said? Something like “it is wise to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.” We are definitely deep in the fear of a bear market, which means there are bargains out there.

I've been taking looks at apple. On a cashflow basis, it looks alright on buys below $147. I might of already missed my chance. Their products look good. I noticed on their annual earnings things look like they maybe flattened out starting 2015. If 2018 was an exceptionally good year and things moderate around 2015, 2016 levels, Apple looks fairly priced around 17-18 P/E. My dad has $15,000 in Apple with a 4% loss here. On the optimistic side, I can see them coming out with new innovative products of quality. So buy quality. I haven't bought any in my personal account because my dad already has it. *hits cramer buy button*

Thread Information