Quantcast
I have 81 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6471727374

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    The above from 1-28-2016. Wanted to update this. I still go to Emmanuel but now I go to his house in Salisbury because he closed Town and Country Coiffures. It works out fine, I have to wash my own hair beforehand but I'd wash it anyway and he does a lot of gardening which is very interesting. Last time he was grafting apple tree cuttings onto a plum tree which I had no idea you could do.

Anyway the reason for the update is that OPK roared up 21% in June and roared up another 32% so far in July and its only the 12th. Unfortunately since I bought in with the stock at 7.72 it roared down to 2.68. Medicare refused to cover one of OPKs drugs, the bastards, and the lab OPK bought to bring in money so they wouldn't have to issue new shares started losing money. Anyway it closed today at 6.21 introducing the possibility I might get some of my money back which seemed like a pipe dream as late as Memorial Day. Anyway their new PSA test is under FDA review so maybe things will get even better.
    A short story about grafting. We were having lunch on the patio of a restaurant way up on top of the Isle of Capri a few years ago. It was 95 degrees and we had just enjoyed the trip up the side of the mountain on the funiculi funicula cablecar. The patio was covered overhead with vines growing over wooden supports. We sat on the edge of the patio, next to a tree growing lemons and limes. It was beautiful.
    Last edited by mimo_100; 07-13-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    Tim -Retired Problem Solver

Bought some TSLA calls based on the rumour what's his name has financing to take the company private at $420.

Bought some TSLA calls based on the rumour what's his name has financing to take the company private at $420.
    Sold 'em...

Niiice one, L! Hope you got the ones that went up 50%+ today, and sold at the close!

Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    Niiice one, L! Hope you got the ones that went up 50%+ today, and sold at the close!
    I had a 375 of Aug. 31. Sold at about 3:45PM. Hope Musk is telling the truth or he could be in real trouble.

I had a 375 of Aug. 31. Sold at about 3:45PM. Hope Musk is telling the truth or he could be in real trouble.
    wow, great that you locked in that gain when you did!!! TSLA has come back to Earth.

Last edited by Louetta; 08-12-2018 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added Raglan Road

Louetta,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful music.
    Tim -Retired Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by mimo_100 View Post
    Louetta,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful music.
    Welcome...

Well BlueWolf beat me to the punch on the Chinese stocks but I will forge ahead nonetheless.

Looking at Schwab's data for the last six months:

BABA is 22% off it's high.
    BIDU is 27% off it's high.
    JD (one I follow, less popular than some others) 36% off it's high.
    TCEHY 33% off it's high.
    HUYA 49% off it's high.

I wouldst opine as follows. BABA is considered a blue chip China stock by some and looks the most attractive to me here. BIDU probably as well. JD I'm prejudice toward tho in truth I would think most would always buy BABA ahead of JD.

I have heard that the official Chinese press arms have been campaigning against gaming type operations, feeling them a bad influence, with the blessing of the government. To the extent HUYA is involved in gaming this is said to make the company mayhap a risky bet. So too with TCEHY though to a lesser extent.

Interesting though.

Meant to talk about the etf FXI. "The investment seeks to track the investment results of the FTSE China 50 Index composed of large-capitalization Chinese equities that trade on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange" per Schwab. Pays about 3.5% distribution per year, lately. Off about 18% in six months. Thought I might buy a smidge to get a smidge of China exposure.
    Last edited by Louetta; Yesterday at 01:59 PM. Reason: FXI

Thread Information