Quantcast
I have 84 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 687576777879 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Louetta View Post
    The above from May 1. Today the company released the following:

LifeLogger ... today announced that its video management cloud based storage system is now available for all the Private Beta users who signed up ... LifeLogger has developed a Web APP software solution providing users the ability to capture, store and live stream their memories... The Private Beta sign-up is now closed and the software and its applications are available for use exclusively for 7,224 Private Beta users, for the next 90 days, during which LifeLogger’s team will monitor feedback and input....LifeLogger’s next milestone will be the release of the software as Open Beta which will be an upgraded version of the one issued for Private Beta testing, which will also include new additional features.
    The above from 8-12-2015.

Today the company, trading as always under symbol LOGG, filed with the SEC an 8K announcing that all liabilities owed to it's two main creditors have been cancelled and the two creditors given amounts of a new preferred Class B stock. Also, Capital Park Opportunities Fund LP has been granted quantities of common and the existing Class A preferred shares giving it 84% control of the company. They will proceed to exploit the company's business opportunities, such as they may be.

Also, Stewart Garner has been replaced as CEO by Eric Blue. It's not clear how much of a presence the current CEO has been recently as he is referred to at one point in the 8-K as Mr. Stewart rather than Mr. Garner.

I was remiss in not earlier noting that back on 1-16-2018 the company filed an 8K with the SEC announcing that they were no longer a software company but had purchased 95% of the working interest in North West Lost Hills producing oil property. Nothing more has been reported since then but until further notice I imagine LOGG should be considered an oil company.

Whatever the case, investors have today bid the common up 70%.

Just saw an Instagram posting where some girl notes seeing other girls on the street wearing skirts when the temperature is -1 and how can they do that? Except it's -1°C not -1°F. What a pussy.

The above from 8-12-2015.

Today the company, trading as always under symbol LOGG, filed with the SEC an 8K announcing that all liabilities owed to it's two main creditors have been cancelled and the two creditors given amounts of a new preferred Class B stock. Also, Capital Park Opportunities Fund LP has been granted quantities of common and the existing Class A preferred shares giving it 84% control of the company. They will proceed to exploit the company's business opportunities, such as they may be.

Also, Stewart Garner has been replaced as CEO by Eric Blue. It's not clear how much of a presence the current CEO has been recently as he is referred to at one point in the 8-K as Mr. Stewart rather than Mr. Garner.

I was remiss in not earlier noting that back on 1-16-2018 the company filed an 8K with the SEC announcing that they were no longer a software company but had purchased 95% of the working interest in North West Lost Hills producing oil property. Nothing more has been reported since then but until further notice I imagine LOGG should be considered an oil company.

Whatever the case, investors have today bid the common up 70%.
    The above from 1-15-2019. The stock is up 108% today to $.0146, otherwise known as 1.46 cents. If it gets to 2.21 cents I get my money back. I'm hoping they will announce they are becoming a marijuana company. That way all they have to do is rent an empty office and I'll be golden.

Bought a smidge of both STNE and PAGS, both SQ type firms operating in Brazil. STNE is 11% owned by Berkshire Hathaway, though apparently not thru Buffett but by one of his two in-house investors. Each is making money and reports via the SEC. STNE is also owned by Light Street Capital which sometimes comes up with interesting ideas.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...dp98654_6k.htm

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...d641415d6k.htm
    Last edited by Louetta; 02-15-2019 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Add LIGHT STREET

Bought a smidge of both STNE and PAGS, both SQ type firms operating in Brazil. STNE is 11% owned by Berkshire Hathaway, though apparently not thru Buffett but by one of his two in-house investors. Each is making money and reports via the SEC. STNE is also owned by Light Street Capital which sometimes comes up with interesting ideas.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...dp98654_6k.htm

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...d641415d6k.htm
    Both of these continue to do well and each is still below recent highs. Buffett was on CNBC this AM for three hours. Don't know if he mentioned his stake in STNE but it's up 7-8% today.

Good job, Louetta.

Thought Southwest Airlines might be a good way to profit from the Boeing problems. They will lose some revenues while they can't fly the affected planes but presumably that will be it, no lawsuits or permanently lost customers once a fix is put in.

About 4% of their flights use the Max 8 plane and the stock (LUV, that is) is down about 13%.

Bought some September 42.50 calls for $10.05. We'll see what happens.

Plus Buffett owns almost 10% of Southwest so hopefully that puts some kind of a floor under the stock.

STNE rocking on earnings today. Congrats, Louetta.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWolf View Post
    STNE rocking on earnings today. Congrats, Louetta.
    Yup. Looked at taking the plunge on some out of the money calls later in the year but the prices are too high. No cohones.

PLG is interesting, a platinum concern. In a publicly advertised report offered by Zack's back in January in an article on BHP, PLG was rated highly. Lately it has been getting croaked due to the strong dollar and just this month on the China problems. The yearly report they filled with the SEC, which is not a standard 10K, mentions they hope to start production in their mine late this year. The finances are hard to fathom. One balance sheet I saw listed their only debt as some accounts payable and taxes. How you dig a mine without running up significant obligations is a mystery to me.

Anyway I'm going to watch it. Doubt it's bottomed nor will it until China stabilizes and maybe also the dollar. If one could pick up some shares for two bits a share or so and that mine really does start producing any time soon it could work out. Hit a high of $4.50 in 2007 (maybe split adjusted). Mayhap someone will buy them out. Assuming it's legit, they do not report to the SEC in standard form.
    The above from 7/7/15. Well PLG has come upon some hard times since then. Turns out there wasn't actually any platinum in the original mine, a hurdle they found difficult to overcome. After executing 1 for 10 reverse splits on 1/28/16 and 12/17/18 the stock bottomed out about 6/10/18 at US $0.83. Now recapitalized and having bought a new mine which hopefully does in fact contain some platinum, the stock has risen steadily to hit $2.00 today. I remain hopeful whereas on a split adjusted basis in June of 2014 the stock hit $123.00.
    Last edited by Louetta; 03-21-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Thread Information