Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 1 of 58 123411 ... LastLast

Default Portfolio of the Week - 2009

Greetings everyone !

Welcome to another year of stock picking with your fellow Mr. Market readers. The rules are listed below, as well as they are on the scoreboard which is linked below my name.

You start with $10,000, and try to make more money than your competitors. And since the name of the contest is Portfolio of the Week, special recognition will be going to those who can sit in the top three slots come the end of the week more often than the rest.

If you have any suggestions for a change in the rules, or statistics, or graphs that you wouldn't mind seeing, please post. Otherwise give us your top picks and may the best trader win !

Good luck all !

RULES:

• Stocks listed on NYSE, NASDAQ, and AMEX allowed. ETFs allowed. OTCBB and pink sheet stocks not allowed.
    • $2 minimum for cheapest stock price.
    • Weekly contest begins after the close of market of the prior week's last day of trading.
    • A pick before the weekly contest's first day of open trading will get the first day's open price.
    • A pick during open trading is Real Time, with the price matching the post time of your pick....(No negotiations allowed.)
    • A pick after market hours will get the following day's open price.
    • Your position will automatically be LONG if you do not mention play with your pick.
    • CLOSE first position, and OPEN a new position is available after close of market of the week's first day of trading, and anytime thereafter.
    • Real Time CLOSE and OPEN prices used during open trading,with prices matching the post time of your position change....(No negotiations allowed.)
    • CLOSE and OPEN orders after market will trade at the closing prices for that day.
    • CLOSE and OPEN position requests must be mentioned in the same post to qualify.
    • Three position max. limit per week.
    • Cash position allowed only on third position.
    • The close of market on the week's last day of trading concludes the game for the week…..

INDICATORS:

• Google Finance used for close and high prices.
    • Google Finance used for real time pricing dispute.
    • Entry on market indicators match contest deadlines to compare your results against the market's performance.

POTW SCOREKEEPER DISCLAIMER:
    • "Portfolio of the week-2009" (POTW) is a game only and should not be considered as financial advise….

HMSY long...Doug
    "Trade What Is Happening...Not What You Think Is Gonna Happen"

Find Tomorrow's Winners At SharpTraders.com

Follow Me On Twitter

Arrow

This contest is great, Ody. Thanks a million!

I'll kick off the year with FCX long, please
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.
    What's a sundial in the shade?

- Benjamin Franklin

Arrow UGL Long

UGL LONG . ODY you are doing an excellent job ...your organizational skills are ,"EXTRA ORDINARY" Thank you so much for doing such a fine job with the contest!

Arrow I'll take . . .

DO long. Thanks, Ody. Say hi to Garfield.
    —Rob

FAZ long fer me tanks Ody.

Thanks fer runnin' a fine contest!

Thank you all and good luck, so far no greenies yet. And to make sure we only look for greenies, I was thinking you can only achieve a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place recognition if your pick or portfolio was green at the end of the week, just in case everyone ends up in the red.

Well, trying to go with BRKR short. I think she is heading south to touch her Psar level before attempting another run up. Hopefully not until next week of course Though she does look like her pattern has been up down up down, with the down being major (like yesterday) before reversing, so hopefully she breaks her pattern tomorrow.

... and the one week in the past several weeks I didn't play JASO it's up like 19% from Monday's open. And what did I play? DO! ........ or should I say DOH!

—Rob

Arrow TNA LONG For Week 1/5/09 -1/9/09

TNA LONG ......Thank You!

Congrats to Peanuts, Rob, and IIC !

Great picks already, especially FCX long which beat the Dow's gain for the week, well done !

Aye Rob, you would have crushed us all with JASO long, it would have hit +48% from a Monday entry to Friday. Doh You came in 2nd though this week.

Alas, only 6 of us had picks this week. Hopefully Spikefader didn't scare everyone off from his mighty win last year Come on foks, there's money to be made and reputations to keep ! Show us how HUGE you are !

Had a little mix up on the image above, but was able to paste it back together It won't be as psychadelic in the future, I promise

Thread Information