Quantcast
I have 85 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    BOOM posts a loss, vs profits last year. Shares pop 15%! Who'd a thunk? (Yeah I've been waiting forever for this one to come back for me... but it WILL!)

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dynami...222800696.html
    Dynamic Materials reports 2Q loss

    Dynamic Materials reports second-quarter loss of $1.3 million

    BOULDER, Colo. (AP) _ Dynamic Materials Corp. (BOOM) on Tuesday reported a second-quarter loss of $1.3 million, after reporting a profit in the same period a year earlier.
    On a per-share basis, the Boulder, Colorado-based company said it had a loss of 10 cents. Losses, adjusted for restructuring costs, were 3 cents per share.
    The results fell short of Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of three analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 7 cents per share.
    The welding company and maker of explosion-welded clad metal plates posted revenue of $44.7 million in the period, topping Street forecasts. Three analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $43 million.
    Dynamic Materials shares have declined 34 percent since the beginning of the year. In the final minutes of trading on Tuesday, shares hit $10.54, a drop of 49 percent in the last 12 months.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    I think there are plenty of great stocks in this list- but nary a haircut among them today: (it's just my list of big-pharma stocks that I check out periodically, MRK is the only one I've ever bought... still wish I'd kept it!)
    LLY, NVS, DNA, AMGN would be among my top picks right now.
    Hmm, looking back can be interesting sometimes... don't know why I never picked up any of those great pharma stocks I was looking at back then. Just so I can feel a little more regret, this is what coulda shoulda woulda been:
    LLY: up 50% over the 7 years (not bad)
    NVS: a double from there
    DNA: purchased by Roche at a $25 premium to where it traded ($70) Jan 2008. The deal was announced mid-2008.
    AMGN: up about 4x ($45 to $170) since Jan. 2008!!!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    BOOM posts a loss, vs profits last year. Shares pop 15%! Who'd a thunk? (Yeah I've been waiting forever for this one to come back for me... but it WILL!)

    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dynami...222800696.html
    Dynamic Materials reports 2Q loss

    Dynamic Materials reports second-quarter loss of $1.3 million


    BOULDER, Colo. (AP) _ Dynamic Materials Corp. (BOOM) on Tuesday reported a second-quarter loss of $1.3 million, after reporting a profit in the same period a year earlier.
    On a per-share basis, the Boulder, Colorado-based company said it had a loss of 10 cents. Losses, adjusted for restructuring costs, were 3 cents per share.
    The results fell short of Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of three analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 7 cents per share.
    The welding company and maker of explosion-welded clad metal plates posted revenue of $44.7 million in the period, topping Street forecasts. Three analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $43 million.
    Dynamic Materials shares have declined 34 percent since the beginning of the year. In the final minutes of trading on Tuesday, shares hit $10.54, a drop of 49 percent in the last 12 months.
    Told ya this one would make a comeback... look at BOOM now! Up from below $10 about two years ago to $43 today, and it's now up 600%+ in just over 2 years. Glad I'm holding it still, but really wish I'd picked up some more when it was trading at $6 in 2016!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    Jiesen, How do you get access to the picks from years ago? I have very little luck with the search and advanced search modes.

    ---------------billy

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billyjoe View Post
    Jiesen, How do you get access to the picks from years ago? I have very little luck with the search and advanced search modes.

    ---------------billy
    yeah, I know. Sometimes it works for me, sometimes it doesn't. I just keep trying every now and then, and post whenever it's working!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    Ok, I upped my limit until it hit at 50.8, so now I'm in, and will fearlessly spam the Yahoo! board with my opinion. I probably paid $2 more than I had to for this one, but I think when it hits $64 in 4-6 weeks, it won't really matter anymore whether I paid 48 or 50 for it.
    Welp, there it is... BOOM! Ok, took a bit more than 6 weeks on this one, but a profit's a profit nonetheless. It's finally above 63 again, and methinks time to sell this one for a 15% gain at 65 this week...

    Target. Achieved. BOOMMMMMM!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    8,959

    Default

    Jiesen, I think Mr. Market's NVR deserves a 2nd look. Unless their next earnings is worse than expected, I see some fast $$ to be made.

    ----------------billy

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    I agree, and think NVR does look pretty good right now. However, I'm holding it already and am happy with the amount I've got....and will sell it when it gets to a 15% gain!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,744

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by jiesen View Post
    Welp, there it is... BOOM! Ok, took a bit more than 6 weeks on this one, but a profit's a profit nonetheless. It's finally above 63 again, and methinks time to sell this one for a 15% gain at 65 this week...

    Target. Achieved. BOOMMMMMM!
    Well, went to put the order in to sell on Monday, and I managed to get $69 and change instead of $65, so I got out with about a 20% gain rather than the 15% I was expecting. Fair compensation for holding it for a decade?

    Anyway, thanks for yet another great pick, $$MM (even if this one did take awhile)...
    YOU ARE HUUUUUUUGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. TOL ==> The Summer Solstice Winner
    By mrmarket in forum Discussion
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 02-24-2018, 05:08 PM
  2. IPAR sold ==> my 53rd consecutive winner!
    By mrmarket in forum Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 10:58 AM
  3. KBH ==> The Hot and Humid Winner
    By mrmarket in forum Discussion
    Replies: 178
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 05:07 PM
  4. HOLX ==> The Veteran's Day Winner
    By mrmarket in forum Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 12:34 PM
  5. CFC ==> The "I'm Freezing My Ass off" Winner
    By mrmarket in forum Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Do you like this site?

Go to the homepage of
$$$ MR. MARKET $$$