Quantcast
I have 26 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better. How is this possible? Every day there are hundreds of stocks setting new highs, no matter what happens in the overall market. Many of these stocks are still at very reasonable valuations. Afraid of buying stocks at their highs? Think of it this way: a new high is really a future floor for companies with solid financial underpinnings. Quantitative momentum modeling makes it easy to identify stocks that can continue this upward momentum trend. Why does this happen? It's really very simple..ask me about what investors and cows have in common. I am $$$ MR. MARKET $$$. I AM HUGE!!! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses. You can join in on the fun. Register for free and you'll be able to post messages on this forum and also receive emails when $$$ MR. MARKET $$$ makes his own trades. ($$$MR. MARKET$$$ is a proprietary investor and does not provide individual financial advice. The stocks mentioned on this forum do not represent individual buy or sell recommendations and should not be viewed as such. Individual investors should consider speaking with a professional investment adviser before making any investment decisions.)
Page 1 of 149 123411101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1482
  1. #1

    Default Doctor Jack's Stock Medicine

    I found Jack Haddad over on Myspace.com. He is a very savvy / investor trader. I have set up this thread for him to post his ideas on. Go for it Jack, and welcome!
    =============================

    I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

    - $$$MR. MARKET$$$

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,352

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket
    I found Jack Haddad over on Myspace.com. He is a very savvy / investor trader. I have set up this thread for him to post his ideas on. Go for it Jack, and welcome!
    An endorsement from the HUGE one.... I will look forward to gaining knowledge and $$$$ from the upcoming advice

    Welcome
    Hide not your talents.
    They for use were made.
    What's a sundial in the shade?

    - Benjamin Franklin

  3. #3
    Jack Haddad Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts
    An endorsement from the HUGE one.... I will look forward to gaining knowledge and $$$$ from the upcoming advice

    Welcome
    I thank you all wholeheartedly, and look forward to learning from you as well. I'm adamant of the belief that posting trades (be it hypothetical/paper or real) in as close ot real time as possible is of paramount importance; that said, I will do my best to post so on this forum.

    Though I'm primarily a market technician, I do believe that a company's fundamentals play a role in disciplined trading. For further review of this topic and technical versus fundamental analysis, please see my article at: http://falkincommunity.blogspot.com/...t-writing.html

    All the best,
    Jack Haddad, MD, MBA, CMT

  4. #4
    diogenes Guest

    Thumbs up

    Welcome!
    Always good to see more active posters.

  5. #5
    Jack Haddad Guest

    Default Tso

    http://www.stockta.com/cgi-bin/analy...nd=&mode=stock

    The above 6-month chart on TSO is very interesting. Note the inverse head-and-shoulder pattern which spanned from Feb 15 to March 8. This has cuased the stock to propel to a a 52 week high of 75. Thereafter, the stock has recently trended down to test the intermediate term support of 65, but was noty successful in breaching the 6 months support of 60.75.

    At this hour, the stock has gained strength on the hourly...and since horizontal support stands a good support at 62.50, I did the following: Purchased shares at 65.40, and wrote the June 65 strike calls for 2.85/contract. I feel this strategy provides a good hedge for the time being. I will update all changes/executions later.

  6. #6

    Default

    Crack spreads will open up this summer..it will be a good time to be a refiner.
    =============================

    I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

    - $$$MR. MARKET$$$

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    3,190

    Arrow Welcome

    Welcome, Dr. Jack! I will also be looking forward to your analyses. I'm particularly interested by the fact that you posted (in the other thread) about ImClone. IMCL is a stock that I am currently holding a long position on, as well as some June $40 calls. While I'm more of a fundamental-type, I do like to examine technical trends/patterns as well.

    ImClone has a very real catalyst looming on the horizon right now. The annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is scheduled to take place the first week in June, where the results of several key clinical studies are going to be released. From my limited understanding of these things, I'm inclined to believe there are going to be some positive results unveiled there that will be seen as fuel for growth in Erbitux sales--not the least of which is one that may indicate some inroads into Avastin's market share in 1st line metastatic colorectal cancer. Other types of cancer for which Erbitux may prove effective include non-small-cell lung (the biggie) and pancreatic.

    Even most technical traders will agree that news trumps charts every time. Well there is news soon to break here.
    óRob

  8. #8
    DSteckler Guest

    Default


    The above 6-month chart on TSO is very interesting. Note the inverse head-and-shoulder pattern which spanned from Feb 15 to March 8.
    That's a continuation H&S, not an inverse H&S. The difference is: 1) the former is a consolidation or continuation formation whereas the latter is a reversal formation; and 2) volume in the former follows no pattern whereas in the latter, the left shoulder sees the lightest volume and volume gets higher as the pattern unfolds, with the heaviest volume in the right shoulder.

    With TSO there was no pattern to volume in that time period. In fact, volume was very light near the top of the right shoulder.

  9. #9
    Jack Haddad Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Welcome, Dr. Jack! I will also be looking forward to your analyses. I'm particularly interested by the fact that you posted (in the other thread) about ImClone. IMCL is a stock that I am currently holding a long position on, as well as some June $40 calls. While I'm more of a fundamental-type, I do like to examine technical trends/patterns as well.

    ImClone has a very real catalyst looming on the horizon right now. The annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is scheduled to take place the first week in June, where the results of several key clinical studies are going to be released. From my limited understanding of these things, I'm inclined to believe there are going to be some positive results unveiled there that will be seen as fuel for growth in Erbitux sales--not the least of which is one that may indicate some inroads into Avastin's market share in 1st line metastatic colorectal cancer. Other types of cancer for which Erbitux may prove effective include non-small-cell lung (the biggie) and pancreatic.

    Even most technical traders will agree that news trumps charts every time. Well there is news soon to break here.
    Thank you, Rob. If youre interested, I published an article on IMCL 2 weeks ago. Here is the link: http://www.avcg.net/news/newsandarti...le.asp?DID=103

  10. #10

    Default

    Does Martha Stewart still own shares of Imclone?
    =============================

    I am HUGE! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses.

    - $$$MR. MARKET$$$

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. IIC's Winners Watchlists
    By IIC in forum Discussion
    Replies: 8994
    Last Post: 03-30-2017, 07:55 AM
  2. Opinion on SNY please
    By CaliBeachGirl in forum Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 12:01 PM
  3. Comments/Ideas on sub $5 stocks
    By lak in forum Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 12:18 PM
  4. Earnings Estimates
    By ChrisZXWJ in forum Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 02:30 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Do you like this site?

Go to the homepage of
$$$ MR. MARKET $$$