PDA

View Full Version : No Shady Lady's Hawaiian Wading Pool

mrmarket
04-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Get a lei from $$$MR. MARKET$$$'s sexiest analyst...show us how, Margie!

MEA_1956
04-20-2004, 02:05 AM
After I read Park Twains comments on floats I have to admitt that it made me thirsty. Make mine with just one scope of ice cream that will leave more room for that sex beer.

Now my real ? is. If board members and such are not included in the float and people that are involved in an employee stock purchase plan also are not included in the float, are Institutions included in the float.

I guess my thoughts are if a company sold enought shares 1/4ly to these people that would depleat the outstanding shares and a split would be in order or does a company strut along with no shares up for sell. ===> MEA

Dave
04-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Institutions are included in the float as long as they are not restricted from selling their shares at any given time. The thing about institutions is that they usually hold a large amount, and also hold them for a decent amount of time. One popular method is to use float numbers as well as institutional holding percentages to calculate how many shares are realistically out there for trading on a daily basis. I think you will find for many stocks that this number is suprisingly low!

-Dave

MEA_1956
04-21-2004, 04:19 PM
You Are almost to good to be true. Your answer just answered my next ?, and that was how do you tell how many shares are left to be purchased. If a person was to key somewhat on this you may be able to pickem before they split. Any thoughts on this method.

Dave
04-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Predicting a split may not be that beneficial. Some stocks do well after a split, some don't, although I am talking short term here. Most that were already doing well continue to do so and recover from a bad split (example is NCEN, it was brutalized after last years split). You would also have to take into account the average volume the stock trades. If the volume is low, like 10k shares/day, then there is really no call for a split. Now if interest picks up and causes a sustained spike in volume...

Volume is a cool thing to watch. When IPIX had its recent run to 29, volume was like 60million/day. They only have ~9million shares outstanding, and I am not even sure what the float is. Talk about trading!

-Dave

noshadyldy
04-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Get a lei from $$$MR. MARKET$$$'s sexiest analyst...show us how, Margie!

hmmmmmm..... This is what comes of my innocent wading pool??? Actually, Ernie, I believe that was NO Shady Lady. <grin> (besides, leis aren't any good in wading pools. they go limp.) :wink:

MEA_1956
04-25-2004, 01:20 AM
Thanks Dave, for setting me straight on NCEN, some days your own notes do even make sences. ===> MEA

MEA_1956
05-05-2004, 01:17 AM
If a farmer went to market with $100 to buy livestock and cows were $10.00 hogs are $3.00 and chickens are .50 cents. When he leaves the market he has purchased 100 head of livestock. how many of each does he have.

ps all three stocks have to be purchased. ===> MEA

Mi6op
05-05-2004, 08:38 AM
5 cows.............50
94 chickens......47
1hogs..............3

Total $100

MEA_1956
05-08-2004, 01:42 AM
This answer has proven you to be a deversafied invester. You know live stock and the best place in the world to talk stocks. ===> MEA

billyjoe
05-08-2004, 08:18 PM
MEA1956 or MI6OP, Were either of you a high school math teacher in Ohio in the 1960's? That damned riddle sounds like one that kept me up most of the night many years ago.
billyjoe

MEA_1956
05-22-2004, 04:43 AM
#1 how many times a week do you crave cholocate ( more than 1 and less than 10)

#2 Multiply this # X 2

#3 Add 5

#4 Multiply this # X 50

#5 If you have already had your birthday this year add 1754 if not add1753

#6 Now sudtract the four digit that you were born in

You should have a three digit # left

The first digit is your original number

The next two digits are your age

noshadyldy
05-24-2004, 02:37 PM
ok, time for a simplistic question.
Whats the difference between the money flow indicator and the money flow index indicator??????

thanks.
margie

MEA_1956
06-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Needing A little help here on a topic that I know nothing about. One of my picks refered to $100 Million of Senior Subordinated Notes used on an Acquisition. Thanks In Advance. ===> MEA

mimo_100
06-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Needing A little help here on a topic that I know nothing about. One of my picks refered to $100 Million of Senior Subordinated Notes used on an Acquisition. Thanks In Advance. ===> MEA

I assume you are asking "what are senior subordinated notes?"

As with all debt, there is a pecking order for payment should the
company default. Intuitively, you would assume this debt is would
be paid before other "junior" debt.

You MUST read the bond indenture in order to find out the pecking order.
The company will provide you with this info, as well as info on
their other debt.

Tim

mrmarket
07-16-2005, 08:49 AM
maybe she'll come back in for a dip?

noshadyldy
07-21-2005, 11:11 PM
maybe she'll come back in for a dip?

Oh you handsome devil. Had I known you were going to be here, I'd have never left!

mrmarket
07-22-2005, 06:44 AM
Oh you handsome devil. Had I known you were going to be here, I'd have never left!

So what catches your eye these days? Besides me of course...

Websman
01-13-2006, 09:57 PM
I miss this thread...

Lyehopper
01-14-2006, 01:57 AM
I miss this thread...
LOL.... Me too!!!! and it's the first time I've ever seen it.... Why the abrupt ending? Did $$MM$$ imbarrass NoShadyLdy?.... I don't understand. He's a perfect gentleman.

noshadyldy
01-14-2006, 02:52 AM
Aww gee Fellas. You really make a gal feel wanted. I'm here. And good heavens no, Mr. Market didn't embarass me at all.
I guess just nobody had any questions they wanted to post so the thread when limp. Petered out, so to speak. Darn. So lets see, how can we pump things back up???? Do you want to use this as the official joke posting/wise cracking depot? People can still post their questions if they'd like. Wouldn't it be great if people could post their questions anonymously? Then they wouldn't have to be embarrassed by what may possibly be perceived as a DAQ (dumb a** question.) And let me make myself clear on that. As far as there not being any stupid questions... OH YES THERE ARE!!! LOLOLOL And I can ask them right alongside anyone with unabashed aww and wonder. The thing is we should feel comfortable asking ANY level of question without fear of judgement, because basically... who cares? But for the thin of skin, Karel, is there a way to establish a "mask username" that anyone can borrow to ask a question annonymously? I guess that would be tricky. Where would such a mask be posted so that it could easily be slipped into by the meek of heart. Or maybe, it should just be a joke board, or maybe a thought sharing board for anything at all. Example - great movies, posting personal news you want to brag about. Maybe we should picture this as that nice little pool under the Hawaiian palms with a fully stocked bar! A place where anyone can go to for conversation/jokes/bragging/asking questions about totally unrelated topics or absolutlely whatever you want to do. Kind of a haven... sigh.
Any ideas? Just come on over to Ms. NSL's palm sheltered pool and let your hair down. Drinks are on me!

spikefader
01-14-2006, 03:29 AM
....nice little pool under the Hawaiian palms with a fully stocked bar! A place where anyone can go to for conversation/jokes/bragging/asking questions about totally unrelated topics or absolutlely whatever you want to do. Kind of a haven... sigh.
Any ideas? Just come on over to Ms. NSL's palm sheltered pool and let your hair down. Drinks are on me!
It's.....it's.......it's........beautiful! :D

Hope ya never have to call the cops to eject undesirables! hehe I'm sure it'll be full of gentlemen, honoring the lady who is host, but mischievous enough to make it funny and interesting :D

billyjoe
01-14-2006, 06:17 AM
noshady,

I was thinking about buying a stock. Runner analyzed the chart pattern and called it "Niagra Falls, American Side". Is this a good thing?

billyjoe

Websman
01-14-2006, 10:59 AM
It's been years since I lived in Hawaii. Here's my class photo. Can you guess which one is me?
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/4929/file00039bz.th.jpg (http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=file00039bz.jpg)

billyjoe
01-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Webs,
Front row, striped shirt, big smile , between the 2 babes.

billyjoe

Websman
01-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Webs,

billyjoe

How did you know? Maybe because I'm about the only white kid in the class???

billyjoe
01-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Webs,
The girls in my school never looked that good right on up through high school. It wasn't whiteness that gave you away, it was the pre-vulcan smile. You looked very ornery.

billyjoe

Lyehopper
01-14-2006, 12:03 PM
It's been years since I lived in Hawaii. Here's my class photo. Can you guess which one is me?
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/4929/file00039bz.th.jpg (http://img78.imageshack.us/my.php?image=file00039bz.jpg)
Your teacher had right sexy legs..... nothin like a bowlegged woman.... reminds me of a song my daddy used to sing to me.... "I luv to go swimmin with bowlegged women.... and swim between their legs".... should be sung to the tune of "Dixie".

spikefader
01-24-2006, 02:22 AM
Webs,
billyjoeYup Webs, I think it's pretty obvious which one is you :D
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1167/webs7fu.jpg

Websman
06-28-2006, 09:03 PM
I miss Noshadylady... Where are you Noshady??? :(

noshadyldy
06-28-2006, 09:26 PM
I miss Noshadylady... Where are you Noshady??? :(

Your vulcan brain waves called me right in, Webs, you sweet thing you. I was right over there, floating just under those palms. Been so busy lately though. Hardly time to squeeze papayas.....sigh....

So anyway, I've been out of the market. I'm sick of fat head, err.. I mean fed head, big Ben. I've been watching Alpha King and he's got 8 positions, all short. I've also been researching ETF's. With the changes in my job schedule lately, I just don't have the time to babysit the market like I use to do.
But, I missed you too, Webs. (smile)

Websman
06-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Your vulcan brain waves called me right in, Webs, you sweet thing you. I was right over there, floating just under those palms. Been so busy lately though. Hardly time to squeeze papayas.....sigh....

So anyway, I've been out of the market. I'm sick of fat head, err.. I mean fed head, big Ben. I've been watching Alpha King and he's got 8 positions, all short. I've also been researching ETF's. With the changes in my job schedule lately, I just don't have the time to babysit the market like I use to do.

Ahhh thankyou Noshady! You always know how to bring make a non-emotional Vulcan smile. :)

I'm also a little tired of Bennie Bernake...

Rob
06-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Y'all be nice to B..B..B..Bennie & the Jets. Bennie's got a tough job to do. I wouldn't want it ... well, except for the paycheck, the prestiege and the "bennies." :)

Rob
06-29-2006, 06:53 AM
Your teacher had right sexy legs..... nothin like a bowlegged woman....Now Lye, she ain't that bow-legged ... I mean, it ain't like she'd have trouble hemmin' a hog in a ditch or nothin'.

mrmarket
08-21-2012, 11:49 AM
bump...for the Shady one.

noshadyldy
08-21-2012, 12:53 PM
bump...for the Shady one.

Ahem! That's NO Shady lady.

noshadyldy
12-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Ok, rather than clog up other people's threads with my stock considerations/questions, I'm pulling out the palm leaves from the wading pool and it is again open. I, as always, appreciate comments/advice and well intended slaps upside the head.

Margie
First one:

http://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=MNKD&ty=c&ta=0&p=d

Alot of insider buying, nice EPS for next year, filled that drop. Any opinions?

Oh and where's Phoenix been?

noshadyldy
12-28-2012, 01:26 PM
http://www.dailyfinance.com/quote/nasdaqoth/organovo-holdings/onvo/charts?source=esadlfltnal0001

Sorry for lousy chart, meant to delete it and can't

Anyway, ONVO, subject of a major pump and dump several months back but now volume is building, stock's made some movement and it's product is fascinating. Bio 3D printing.

noshadyldy
12-28-2012, 01:39 PM
message delete by NSL

Phoenix7
12-29-2012, 03:28 PM

Ah yes The Vulcan always had a way with the ladies. Once that love ray was sent out .....the ladies were mesmerized !

noshadyldy
12-29-2012, 03:53 PM
So Phoenix, any thoughts on those charts?

Phoenix7
12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
So Phoenix, any thoughts on those charts?

NSL Looked at both charts ......IMHO MNKD looks to be better than ONVO.....ONVO is super risky I would stay away from that one .....but am watching MNKD!
Better to BUY Ski's Pick HOV , and TROV ......Both score 98 Rating on Market trend signal and ""STRONG BUY" on www.portfoliograder.com
NSL Have a very happy and healthy New Year!

noshadyldy
12-30-2012, 12:28 AM
NSL Looked at both charts ......IMHO MNKD looks to be better than ONVO.....ONVO is super risky I would stay away from that one .....but am watching MNKD!
Better to BUY Ski's Pick HOV , and TROV ......Both score 98 Rating on Market trend signal and ""STRONG BUY" on www.portfoliograder.com
NSL Have a very happy and healthy New Year!

Thanks Phoenix. I'm already in HOV and made a very good profit thanks to Ski's pick. I totally missed the one of TROV. Must look into that. Thanks!:)

noshadyldy
01-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Not trailblazers but nice:

MNTX since 11/27 up 11.4%

FVE since 11/13 up 13.4%.

Both seem solid.